• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon5 video game(s). (Freespace2)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am the Freespace2 guy. So let me begin:
Freespace2 is the sequel to a huge space sim video game for the PC. It is an awesom game with graphics, action and a story; all top notch.

There is Babylon5 mod coming to it, with campaigns about the Earth Civil War, the Shadow War, Earth Minbari War, Drazi, Narn, and Centauti stuff as well. There are nearly ALL of the ships from the show, weapons, great physics and sounds too. It is looking simply GREAT. If you ever wanted to fly a Starfury, or control a couple wings of them as you take on some Minbari, this is your chance.

It isnt out yet, but there should be a mini-demo in under a month. The rest of the campaigns will be released one at a time over a long period of time. It is worth a check at:
http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/babylon/Screenshots.php

Those are some pics of it too. Great stuff.

PS-I sound like a newbie, or some child, but I am just lazy to think of proper grammer. I could write a better ad for the B5 project, but I am tooooo tired.

Have fun!

------------------
It has been my observation that if someone cannot say what they mean, they can truly never mean what they say.

It will be a mod and if you have a decent 3d card then you should have no worries and FS2 rocks.
smile.gif

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

Moved to General discussion.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Hmmmm. I have FreeSpace, but not Freespace2. I may just have to pick it up to play this mod....

Sounds Cool!

------------------
"During a witch hunt, don't get caught wearing a pointy hat."

Define decent graphics card, cuz another B5 mod didn't seem to think a voodoo 3 was one.

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! -- Stalin Wannabe :D

oh and btw the shadow vessels look quite horrible, they desperately need work

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! -- Stalin Wannabe :D

Freespace 2 is a very good game. It reminds me of B5 anyway, so it seems a natural mod.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

Just FYI, the Best Buy in my area has 2 packs of Freespace 2 and Total Annihilation for 15 bucks. I picked up one today, just to play this mod...
smile.gif

------------------
"During a witch hunt, don't get caught wearing a pointy hat."

You should guys also support http://www.firstones.com/

I mean mod is great, but full game is even
better!

------------------
"Blood calls out for blood"
-Londo Mollari
"Midnight on the firing line" B5

[This message has been edited by Terran (edited May 27, 2001).]

I've had no luck finding Freespace 2. I've had the DVD version on order for over 6 months and it still hasn't turned up.
mad.gif

------------------

Look through all the pictures. The first Shadow renders do look awful, but the second lot look better and it's easy to get a sense of them being big ships.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
oh and btw the shadow vessels look quite horrible, they desperately need work
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Notice we're not finished with the project yet =).. The demo is our main focus which will have mostly EA and Minbari ships.. the Shadows will come after..

------------------
Seether (The Babylon Project)

Good luck with this. Makes me wonder if it'd be possible to mod Freelancer.

------------------

The minbari looked really good, if all of the other ships end up like that, i might make my first software purchase in my entire life
laugh.gif

------------------

Another great place for B5 mods is The Gaming Union. They've got several great mod teams there. At present they're all for Homeworld. Right now there is:
Great Wars I: Narn vs Centauri
GW2: Army of Light vs Army of Darkness
GW3: EA civil war
Dark Age: Shadows vs Centauri
DA2: EA vs a made-up race, the Ragash'ilk
Movements of Fire & Shadow: EA vs EA hybrids
Dilgar War: The Dilgar war

------------------
"Nonono. Is not Great Machine. Is...Not-So-Great Machine. It make good snow-cone though." - Zathras

[This message has been edited by Talyn (edited May 29, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back