• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 novels and graphic novels

Hi Tony. Have fun writing in the Babylon 5 Universe. It needs a good boost.

Personally I am wondering what cliff-hanger is used to permit Lyta to survive the Telepath War.

Do not worry too much about minor leaks, they always happen.

After finishing watching the Crusade DVD's, I'd love to see something written on it. :LOL:

And I'd love to see more on the Legend of the Rangers characters too. ;)

Thumbs up to Lyta surviving the teep war :)
But I would include Lennier as well cause I thought out of all the characters they got a raw deal.Lyta more so .Lyta was always being used in the series .I can hope but I think JMS has already panned out these two's fate's.

Personally I am wondering what cliff-hanger is used to permit Lyta to survive the Telepath War.

?? What did I miss? Where's this question coming from?

In the third telepath book, set after the Telepath War, Garibaldi thinks Lyta is dead.

If Lyta is not dead she must be in hiding. To put her into hiding a cliffhanger is needed.

Notes. Lyta is a war leader.
Other war leaders like Sheridan, Londo and Bester were subject to assassination attempts.
Bodyguards are expensive.
The Narns were running a secret programme to produce Narn telepaths using human DNA.
In her post Season 5 Lyta was looking for a new planet to act as (or already is) the telepath home world.

No, I know about Lyta's supposed death (was supposed to be Crusade episode with the Matheson flashback). I don't understand about where you're getting her being alive from?

The rest of you might hate me for this, but I have to say it: TonyLee is probably safer from story ideas if he posted on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated.

He could drop in here on b5tv.com and tell us news without reading our discussions, though..

Or am I overly paranoid?

No, I know about Lyta's supposed death (was supposed to be Crusade episode with the Matheson flashback). I don't understand about where you're getting her being alive from?

Hope.

No one has seen the body just the explosion.
Both Ironheart and Galen had shields/barriers, so Lyta may have one as well.

Hi Tony,

I was too lazy to register on Newsrama to post, but as you've find your way over here, let me thank you for the time and patience you take to communicate your obvious enthousiasm with this new project.

As you've figured out by now, the B5 community tend to be a little overprotective. That's one of the thing that can come out of being hurt a little too much, which we arguably have been since the end of B5' s 5-year run.

Anyway, I wish you the best, which will surely come - as I can imagine how a fest it will be to be able to play on the Babylon universe.

I look forward to reading your work.

Hi Tony,
Thanks for dropping by. I'm familiar with some of your work on Warhammer, and having visited your site, your resume speaks for itself.
Sam Hart's art looks striking.

Best of luck from a fellow Brit. Mongoose seem to publish new B5 RPG and space combat gaming material all the time, its good to see them take off where Agents of Gaming left it.

Your going to get a load of hassle about the 'cannon' issue, but
i think most are looking forward to seeing what you have to offer. Hope it all takes off. :)

Okay Andrew, so you didn't see anything in a story idea that had Lyta alive after the time period she was supposedly dead, you were just tossing out ideas and hoping she didn't die when she was supposed to, because JMS left himself a way out of it, by not calling the woman in Crusade Lyta, and by not having it spelled out in the Teep Trilogy that she had actually died, correct?

Okay Andrew, so you didn't see anything in a story idea that had Lyta alive after the time period she was supposedly dead, you were just tossing out ideas and hoping she didn't die when she was supposed to, because JMS left himself a way out of it, by not calling the woman in Crusade Lyta, and by not having it spelled out in the Teep Trilogy that she had actually died, correct?

Sindatur speculation from the facts is allowed. Story ideas are not since they can produce legal problems. If you go back to my original post I was careful to stick to the facts. We do not know that Lyta is dead; no one has seen the body.

In Babylon 5 even dead people come back to life. People thought to be dead, such as Morden and Anna, frequently return.

Well, it's been a while and things have changed, but I thought I'd give you an update.

As you probably know by now, the comics have been put on hold after another comic company (who shall remain namless but as they're connected to Warner it shouldn't be too hard) got annoyed that Warner would pass a comic license to another company and threw the project into Limbo.

So, over the last few months I've sat patiently and waited.

Now, I can tell you I've just signed the contract to do the second of the comics as a novel - RANGER'S OATH - set during the third season and featuring - well, the rangers. Estimated release is second quarter next year.

For those who are concerned about canon, I've been sending all the plots etc to JMS for his approval and in the last email I got back he mentioned that Fiona Avery will be the main liason (I believe) to make sure that all books stay pure to the basis that is babylon 5.

At the end of the day I'll write the best story I can, and then it'll be checked with a fine comb to make sure it fits well.

Anyway, just updating you. Bye!

Tony

WOO HOO!!!!!! :D

If this works, I shall be very happy. With it being set in the third season, I hope my favourite Ranger is going to at least get a mention, even if he isn't actively involved in the story.

Thank you for the update. It sounds like a fun series.

Lyta is a friend of the Rangers, I wonder if she will be involved?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back