• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

babylon 5 callendars

geordilinka

Is there a callendar for 2003 and can it be bought on the brits side of the pond /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Amazon UK seems to have been the only place offering one a while ago, but it has been withdrawn. I have no idea though whether that was due to poor sales or just because Amazon UK simply assumed there would be one, as there have been B5 calendars in previous years, and then realised that it won't be released.

So basically - no, I don't think there's an official B5 calendar released for 2003 anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I've heard though that there will definitely be one for 2004.

I certainly hope so I was going to buy one for 2003 it being the tenth anniversary of b6 and all but I guess I will have to wait till 2004.Until that time comes I will have to settle for a quote book that comes in Febuary 2003.

The only thing that confuses me with my current B5 calendar is how Saturday and Sunday are at the end of the week. I'm used to calendars that start with Sunday as the left-most column.

But I will miss it. They will have a 2004 calendar though? That sounds like someone slipped up in the planning department. Maybe the good DVD sales are making them think twice.

Anyhow, instead of a B5 calendar in my computer room, I'll now have something. I asked my family to surprise me.

Hmm. Maybe not such a great idea. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I always have my cute little page-a-day calendar of cats to get me through. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only thing that confuses me with my current B5 calendar is how Saturday and Sunday are at the end of the week. I'm used to calendars that start with Sunday as the left-most column.
So weird... I remember it confused the hell out of me when I saw for the first time a calendar where the week started with Sunday. It still doesn't make sense to me - after all, weeks *start* with Monday and *end* with Sunday, so why put them in the wrong order in the calendar?

I'm glad the B5 calendar uses the normal order of days. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, it's a pity there won't be a B5 calendar for 2003... then again, while it would have been nice to have one, I've realised I don't actually need a wall calendar. I never look at it anyway. I didn't even bother to turn the page for November... went straight from October to December (and it didn't have that much to do with the fact that November had a picture of Sheridan /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Well, I do a lot of my work for my online Precalculus class at home. So I sometimes need to quickly know what date such-and-such will fall on, or if I need to reschedule so it will fall on a workday.

I also have a year calendar in my computer room. In fact, panning from left to right, I see a monthly calendar, then my yearly calendar hanging from my computer hutch. Then my Page-a-day cat calendar, on one shelf of the computer hutch.

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And I use all 3 of them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah, I can see that you'd have a use for them.

Unlike me - I don't really care what day it is (unless it's pay day) - I can check the current date from the bottom right corner of the computer and that pretty much satisfies my scheduling needs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yea, that makes sense. I actually need to know which lectures to go to that day. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Not to mention, now that the college officially switched to a Monday-Thursday work week, I have to schedule much more carefully. I'm too used to thinking of Friday as a day that assignments can be due.

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif And I'd like to know if we switched to a Monday-Thursday schedule, how come I always seem to have to go in and work on Fridays?

Anyhow, I'm off to do that now. Some last minute tutoring. Finals begin next Wednesday.

Then my panic gift shopping begins. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Thanksgiving and Christmas are just too close this year. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Amazon withdrew it because they couldn't be guaranteed any stock.

As a small compesation, B5TV.COM will be releasing desktop wallpaper calendars, B5-themed of course. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wanted a B5 calendar, but settled for a Lord of the Rings one instead. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back