• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 at School

Ivanova

Beyond the rim
On Friday, my best friend took me up to the school that I wish to be transferring to next Fall: UCR. While there, I picked up a catalogue and found the following class listed: From Hamlet to Babylon 5: Introduction to Design in Film, Television, and Theatre. I brought this up to my friend, and he explained to me that the class is taught by John Iacovelli. My friend wasn't quite sure who he was, though. I did some research and found that Mr. Iacovelli was the Production Designer for not only Babylon 5, but for the attached movies, as well as Crusade. Needless to say, I was beaming when I found this all out.
laugh.gif

I just hope the class will be offered again when I get there next year.

There's my nifty run in with Babylon 5 at school. What about yours?
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Don't have a school connection to B5, but when I was at Elon College (now Elon University) I did take a one-month winter term course called Philosophy in Star Trek. It was actually one of the best courses I took in college and was successful at teaching several philosophical concepts through episodes of Star Trek, mostly TNG.

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to citizens of NY, DC, and to us all.

LOL

I was at school during the B5 runs so it was a main topic of discussion for me and my like minded "geeks".

The funniest incident was probably the video project we had to do for Media within English Language. Everyone had to do a project on their favourite TV show. So, with the aid of one of my college friends, we edited together some of the funniest and most poignant moments of B5. And the skin dancing scene just for the beauty of the effects!

It was trimmed down to 10 mins and left the whole class roaring with laughter (especially the hairbrush incident... lets not go there!)

Needless to say, a lot of the "geek humour disappeared!

------------------
--Sharenn--
Zathras:
"Zathras... does not remember. But if Zathras remember, Zathras will tell you!"
--
Zathras: "You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool!"

Impressive,I'm afraid my old school didn't have anything like that...

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

I got beaten up....I'll never re-take my lunch money....

------------------
Let's build a snowman! He'll be our best friend! We can make him tall, or we can make him NOT so tall! WE CAN NAME HIM SHANNON BILLY BOB OR JILL!-Swan 'Cannibal:The Musical'

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Solaris6:
I just dressed up as a pimp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So, I dressed up as a piece of tape
wink.gif

------------------
"I am the state"
Napoleon

I'm gonna go as a warrior caste next halloween, I didn't have the cash for such an elaborate costume this year, I just dressed up as a pimp
cool.gif

Other than that.... Not a lot of people in my school watch B5 or know of it.

------------------
----------------
-Undercover until I get my password back somehow :D

A piece of tape?
Damn, I wish I did that.... No one could really think of something so original here... But how did you pull that off? I can't see how it would work.

------------------
I am Yu Lau! I am nobody's bitch! You are mine!

Back