• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

b5 uk dvd`s

D

**DONOTDELETE**

People I am appalled. Am appalled at the recent releases on the b5 DVD’s in the UK. in the beginning priced £19.99 sterling and the gathering priced £19.99 now I believe in America that these two films came in one but no over here they have to rip us off with these ! And I don’t like the packaging that came with it! Why don’t you have a look at them yourself here are the links
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.mvc.co.uk/common/product.jhtmlpid=17506480>The gathering</a>
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.mvc.co.uk/common/product.jhtml?pid=17505935>In the beginning</a>
I don’t know about the rest of the UK fans on this board think ,But I feel ripped off by Warner bros or whatever company is licensed to sell them.

Part of the reason Warner think they can flog this off on us is because of the good VHS sales. I'm not buying those particular DVDs partly because I'm not well off (hey, I'm a student - 'nuff said) and partly because with the packaging and lack of extras I don't think they are worth it. I'd be interested to know if the sales of these DVDs will determine whether or not the season DVDs get realeased here. If not, then it looks like I'm going to be downloading some firmware /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif.

Also you might try shopping around - I think I've seen them at Electronics Boutique for £16 or £17.

Downloading some firmware is natural, and actually the first thing you should do... because in my eyes, the region code system is illegal. Books do not have region codes. I can read my favourite book anywhere I wish. If my favourite book is unreadable or banned somewhere, something is obviously very wrong.

Region codes harm competition. They harm compatibility. They harm consumers by artificially dividing the market. They harm the authors by preventing their ideas from spreading, their work from being viewed in perfectly legal manner. They border on censorship and violations of free trade. Region codes support DVD piracy.

To sum it up, choosing a multiregion DVD player and getting the cheapest available disks is not something you should hesitate about. You should do it without any hesitation. It benefits everyone by quickening the demise of DVD region coding.

This is entirely why I support the DivX codec /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif. I'm only prepared to shell out for stuff that I respect for.

For once, it helps to live in south africa
over at www.tsm.co.za
the region 2 dvd of In the beginning is R109
at the current exchage rate of R14.33/1 pound sterling
thats about 8 pounds
heeheeheeheehee
of course I didn't have any patience and went and bought the US release which ended up costing me about R400 with postage and duties. Oh, i don't have a dvd player so i haven't seen the double disc yet.

Yes, I'm annoyed they pulled the stunt, but I have still gone out and bought them. I'm not sure of any other way to get the redone version of the gathering in the UK, and having previously only seen ITB on vhs, the improvment on dvd is worth it.
You just have to look round for stores that have the sense to realise the recommended prices suck, and remedy this (a lot did an offer if you bought both at once, which I guess 99% of ppl must have gone for...)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I'm not sure of any other way to get the redone version of the gathering in the UK<hr></blockquote>
Actually they may be another way (for anyone unwilling to shell out the cash for the R2 DVDs) if you can get the UK channel Bravo (or know someone who can).

As of my last visit to the Bravo forum (admittedly about 2 weeks ago) they were announcing that B5 would start a fresh run, separate from the weekday showings, on Saturday 8 June at 14:00 repeated at 18:00. When they began the weekday showing first up was the new version of The Gathering. Presumably they will do the same here, but I haven't seen confirmation of that.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Marvelous re. Bravo - will hopefully have cable by the time they get to sic transit vir (only bit of original b5 i'm still missing - damned messed up video...)

Warner Brothers appears to have produced the faulty VHS, realised their mistake and produce a correct set. When the remaining VHS cassettes were sold off the faulty ones appear to have formed a large part of the sell off.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back