• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 TV Movie DVD Set Release Info (August 17th)

Recoil

Regular
From Tvshowsondvd.com:

Warner Bros Home Video will continue the popular Babylon 5 DVD releases with "Babylon 5: The Movies," news we brought you back in November, 2003. This 5 disc set will contain all 5 movies as well as special features. The set will carry a $59.98 SRP and will be available in stores and online August 17th. "The Gathering" will be presented in 4:3 (original aspect ratio) while the other movies will be 16:9 anamorphic widescreen; all movies will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. The sets will be closed captioned and be subtitled in English, Spanish and French.

Read the rest of the release here as well as a cover art picture.

Thanks for posting these news but this is already being discussed in the TV movie thread.
Yes but to someone wandering in, the TV Movie thread doesnt have a "for certain" kind of title to it. For one, it has the wrong date, and for 2 a question mark. So it just looks like the 12310928310928 other speculation threads (which it is).

Since something official was posted, it warrants a new post.

amazon.com is listing for a June 8 release a dvd of The Gathering only.

That is a separate re-issue of the original DVD transfer, and has nothing to do with the B5 releases or the other TV movies. The June 8th disc is part of a series of low-priced TV pilots that Warner Bros. is releasing to increase interest in its TV shows generally. (The discs include a $5.00 off coupon if the buyers later pick up one of the season sets.)

Regards,

Joe

Am I the only one who would rather have A Call to Arms as part of the Crusade set? I'd always thought that it was more of a pilot/series bridge for the new series, with Galen, Dureena and Lochley being main characters.

amazon.com is listing for a June 8 release a dvd of The Gathering only.

It looks a lot like the one I expect most of us already own that will be superfluous when the set comes out. It's been out for years. I suspect amazon is trying to unload their stock by "releasing" it again for six bucks to beat the mad rush on ebay after the new set comes out.

Am I the only one who would rather have A Call to Arms as part of the Crusade set?

Yes. ;)

Lochley was a B5 regular before she appeared on Crusade and Sheridan and Capt. Anderson were far more important to the story than Dureena and Galen. And then there's the total lack of the leading actor and the rest of the regulars that fairly screams, "No, this isn't a pilot". But don't take my word for it:

No, A Call to Arms isn't a Crusade pilot, it's a B5 movie that somewhat sets the stage for the new show, but is not a part of it.
jms on Compuserve 5/4/1998 5:32:00 PM

:D

So I never expected ACtA to be released as part of anything other than the TV movie set, despite how one of JMS's vaguer posts on the two upcoming sets was interpretted.

Regards,

Joe

Agreed.

On a side note, again, I like the nice looking packaging.

Indeed. It is nice to see that WB continues to follow the same theme on the packaging. Now the movie set will be integrated with 100% perfection with other box sets (excluding of course R2 owners.. whose perfect collection is abused by bigger number five on the season 4). Now I keep wondering, what kind of Crusade packaging gonna be... I guess it will feature a Crusade logo on it etc... But will there be a picture of Excalibur on the side or something like that... And when will Legend of The Rangers be released. It's like.. perfect time to do that. :confused:

So I never expected ACtA to be released as part of anything other than the TV movie set, despite how one of JMS's vaguer posts on the two upcoming sets was interpretted.

I don't care what set A Call to Arms is in, as long as we get it. I'm glad all the movies will have commentaries. :)

I don't care what set A Call to Arms is in, as long as we get it. I'm glad all the movies will have commentaries.

Ditto on that one KoshN.

Now, when do you think Crusade will come out? I'm thinking around Christmas.

Not soon enough for me. ;) I HOPE it's a lot sooner than Christmas, like say August 24th, if not earlier.

Not soon enough for me. ;) I HOPE it's a lot sooner than Christmas, like say August 24th, if not earlier.

I also wish Crusade could come out sooner, like tomorrow, but realistically, I think it'll be around Christmas.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I saw these special features listed on PlayUSA.com:

<ul type="square">
[*] Audio Commentary by creator, cast & crew for each movie
[*]"Creating The Future" - how science fiction and the show influenced each other
[*]Introduction by creator J. Michael Straczynski for each movie
[/list]

I thought the Crusade DVD's were being postponed until they settle the legal issues of being honest about TNT -- did that get settled?

Not postponed. It's just a question of whether JMS will do commentaries or not. If they let him tell the truth, he will. If not, he won't. At the time of the Hawthorne con, he said time was starting to run out. Haven't heard anything else yet and he hasn't answered a post to the moderated newsgroup inquiring.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back