• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 RPG by Mongoose Publishing

Belran

Regular
Anyone heard any more about this RPG. They (Mongoose) still say it will be out at the end of the month, but they haven't released what the ISBN is (so can't even preorder it). I can't get on to their forums while at work. Their webpage is http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

I was wondering about this, too.... Mongoose does some pretty nice stuff, though, and I love the d20 system, so I can't wait to see this.

Nothing new on the forums, but they're still saying it'll be out this month.

d20 - eh it's okay. However I have read a few of their commments and since a few of the people there are die hard B5 fans, they want to give it a go. Also they have quite a line up of products for it. Perhaps 3rd time lucky of a B5 RPG.

Just went to their site. They've updated a few things. This month they will release 2 books (the core book/fact book + a campaign book called 'Fiery Trail'), June will be a book about year 2259 (Coming of Shadows), July will see the Earthforce Factbook. Still no ISBNs though, but I'm excited, seems they have a fair number of books slated for this RPG. :D

I've seen talk of an additional rulebook to be released later concerning technomages as player-characters..... muahaha. ;)

Depending on how they do it, this is potentially putting a cery powerful character in the hands of the player, but then, so long as the player and GM handles that correctly, I don't see any problems with it. -- I know I'll be playing one if at all possible.

They're also doing telepaths, of course, and Rangers.

Looks like the ISBN number is up on the Mongoose Publishing site now for the main rulebook anyway.

Mongoose_Matt released additional information on the enworld.org forums about the books.

Here's the bulk of his post, which was in response to his previous post which detailed all of the books to be made available this year:

Hi guys,

Just a few notes to answer your questions and let you know what is going on. . .

1. First off, it looks like the first or second week of June for the main rulebook's release - a few printing issues have arisen. Still, cannot be helped and the book is going to look that much nicer because of it. Then again, with the Babylon Curse hanging over such projects, I think we have done damned well thus far!

2. Good news for hardback fans. The race books were indeed going to be 128 softbacks but so much material has been gathered and written for each that we are indeed going for 200+ page full colour hardbacks!

3. The price for the main rulebook (the biggest, fattest full colour you have yet seen!) will be $44.95. Supplements are going to be either $34.95 or $39.95 for the hardbacks and $24.95 for the softbacks. All, repeat all, will be full colour throughout, stuffed with photos, never before seen production pieces and original artwork detailing colonies, bases, starships and oodles else!

4. We don't personally handle preorders, as we want to fully support the retail chain. Start hassling your local games store to put a copy aside for you - we are going for an extended print run of this book but we have got some incredible feedback thus far. . .

5. There has been a fair bit of interest with regards to the B5 CSC - this is not an official Mongoose project so it will be handled completely by others. However, it is fully supported by us and will have its own section on the B5 sub-site when it goes online later this month.

6. Don't worry aboput an errata, Ranger - this book has been 'complete' for almost a year and has had the most vigourous playtesting of any of our projects!

7. Of course, yes, the Technomages will be covered - they have their own section in The Coming of Shadows supplement, to get them in your games, but will have their own book all to themselves. However, this will be a 2004 release.

8. Somebody asked about story arcs - these are the basic structure of a B5 campaign (though, yes, you can play B5 campaigns through more traditional means). Basically, a story arc is a connected set of scenarios combined with a healthy dollop of background material that allows GMs to create side scenarios where needed and give players things to do during downtime. Get 2-4 story arcs together and you have a complete ready made campaign. Combine that with the B5 story line (fully detailed in the main rulebook) and you have a setting and campaign like no other - kinda difficult to explain the concept in just a paragraph but there is an entire chapter dedicated to just this!

Hope that help,

MongoosePublishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

Now.. this looks fairly interesting. I must get one of each books... I must have them.. Or else. There will be no dawn of a third age of mankind. :D

Now.. this looks fairly interesting. I must get one of each books... I must have them.. Or else. There will be no dawn of a third age of mankind. :D

I've already got my local game store ready to order them for me (but I want them yesterday!).
Gamingreport had a list of the books, so I printed it off and handed it to my game store and said, "When these come out, I want them."

They nodded in understanding.

I've already got my local game store ready to order them for me (but I want them yesterday!).
Gamingreport had a list of the books, so I printed it off and handed it to my game store and said, "When these come out, I want them."

They nodded in understanding.

Latest posts

Members online

Back