• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Movies on Sci-Fi in September

Babylon 5: Thirdspace
Mon 9 Sept 02 9 P.M. Eastern Time

Babylon 5: River Of Souls
Tue 10 Sept 02 9 P.M. Eastern Time

Babylon 5: Legend Of The Rangers
Wed 11 Sept 02 9 P.M. Eastern Time

Regards,

Joe

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Any major sport on Wednesday 11 September? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

[/quote]

Probably. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The baseball pennant races will be tightening, and Monday Night Football airs its second game of the season on September 9th. (The first is an "extra" week-one game on Thursday the 5th.) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Luckily (?) it doesn't matter, since nothing at all is riding on the kind of ratings the umpteenth airing of these movies attract.

Regards,

Joe

Thank Goddess/God that is isn't the 3-day weekend in September. I hate going to visit my family and friends and missing this kind of thing. And Sci-Fi always alters their programming over these 3-day weekends and puts on great stuff that I can't tape becaue it lasts more than 6 hours.

And don't tell me about tivo. I have about 12 vcr tapes waiting for me to watch. Maybe 15, I'd have to go out and count. I'd fill up tivo in one weekend. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm watching "The Lion in Winter" tonight. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Katherine Hepburn and Anthony Hopkins.

I am in heaven. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Great actors, both.

Katherine Hepburn and Anthony Hopkins.

[/quote]

There's a fellow named Peter O'Toole in that film who is also pretty good. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Back when it was first released he actually got higher billing than Hopkins did. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Is it Peter O'Toole who played that role? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Oopsie. I know the actors were excellent, and I must have mixed myself up. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Anyhow, I loved what I saw of it, and look forward to seeing it from start to finish. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

O'Toole plays the King to Hepburn's Eleanor of Aquataine, but you were right about Hopkins being in it. He plays the young Richard the Lionhearted (the "lion" of the title in the most literal respect, although the word also applies to O'Toole's aging Henry II. This was the second time O'Toole played Henry in a film adapted from a play. He'd played him as a much younger man opposite Richard Burton in Becket in 1964.)

Utterly useless trivia department: This spring two different historical novels based on the life of Eleanor of Aquataine were published within two weeks of one another. I can't imagine what the odds of that happening are, given that she isn't exactly a household name. The authors must have been shocked, too. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

<<< Any major sport on Wednesday 11 September ? >>>

I believe all sporting events are cancelled in light of the anniversary of the less than auspicious event that took place on that date.

I believe all sporting events are cancelled in light of the anniversary of the less than auspicious event that took place on that date.

[/quote]

I just copied and pasted the list, so the date never even registered. So this time it'll get trounced by all the prime time September 11th anniversary coverage. Or maybe it will provide a welcome respite from all that. We'll just have to see.

Something I read over on the Sci-Fi board got me thinking about the timing of the TV movies. September would be a heck of a good time for Warner Bros. to do a little advertising of the DVDs to a semi-captive audience. And, assuming that Sci-Fi plans to run the series again, November is when the second season should start. Makes sense all around to remind people that S1 is coming up again for potential new viewers, plug the DVDs, and have the DVD buyers all caught up on S1 just as S2 is starting on Sci-Fi.

Maybe they're not as dumb as everybody seems to think. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Just my luck, since my schedule now requires me to be watching a different show on Monday nights for the next few weeks, (Witchblade has totally taken over my interest) and Tuesdays are taken by family commitments, I'm only left with Wednesday night...awwww what a shame, and wouldn't you know they're playing the best of the three on that night. If it were A Call To Arms, that would be THE best of them all. IMHO.

Joe DM: </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Utterly useless trivia department: This spring two different historical novels based on the life of Eleanor of Aquataine were published within two weeks of one another. I can't imagine what the odds of that happening are, given that she isn't exactly a household name. The authors must have been shocked, too.

[/quote]

I sometimes wonder is 1/2 of Hollywood is "creating" and the other 1/2 is spying on them and copying their work. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif But yes, it is probably coincidence that these two projects are coming out so close together.

I was too tired to watch my vcr tape, BTW, so I'll have to watch it tomorrow. From what I saw of it, it is an excellent movie. And now I have THREE reasons to say "what look, there are great actors in it". /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Peter O'Toole worries me, though. He is talented, yes. But I wonder frequently if he is ever entirely sober. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif I saw him on the Tonight Show once when he was very VERY obviously plastered. Poor Jay Leno really had to work for that interview.

I saw him on the Tonight Show once when he was very VERY obviously plastered.

[/quote]

"So are some of the finest erections in Europe!" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

(You have to have seen O'Toole playing an Errol Flynn-type actor in My Favorite Year to get this. One gets the feeling that the part was not exactly a "stretch" for O'Toole, since his character is staggering drunk for most of the film.)

Regards,

Joe

(You have to have seen O'Toole playing an Errol Flynn-type actor in My Favorite Year to get this. One gets the feeling that the part was not exactly a "stretch" for O'Toole, since his character is staggering drunk for most of the film.)

[/quote]
Peter O'Toole is a fine actor. He played Lawrence of Arabia, didn't he? (Very sorry for the spelling /forums/images/icons/blush.gif ).

What is it about artists that seems to pre-dispose them towards a life of self abuse? (Sigh). /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

That was a very funny film, BTW. I didn't know that it was an autobiography. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I know you said NOT to mention TiVo because you'd fill it up in one weekend, however, you can easily upgrade the hard drives (or pay someone else to do it). Check http://www.9thtee.com/tivoupgrades.htm for upgrade kits and such. I went from a 20 hour TiVo to a 290 hour TiVo with about 3 hours work... which allows me to tape B5 every day to help ratings, even while on vacation in England!

September 11th.

Is there anything in "Legend of the Rangers" that can be described as recovery from a disaster or attack?

(I have not seen it)

YES YES YES YES YES /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I finally get to re-record ThirdSpace, i have wanted to see that for awhile.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back