• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD available more places than VHS

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well hopefully this is encourageing, at least in my area. But I noticed the B5 DVD at a major local department store chain.

They sell DVD below the suggested retail price.
laugh.gif

They have TV episodes DVD and Videos, for shows like the X-Files, Ally McBeal, Star Trek, Friends etc. But never for Babylon 5. When I was collecting the VHS's episodes I had to go to Suncoast.

I was picking up some movie DVD's there and I noticed they had Babylon 5. So when the season B5 come out, I can get them there as well. Now if only they would have Farscape as well.

So its availble in my area in more places than just Suncoast. (For those who don't know what a Suncoast store is, it's a chain of Video/DVD sales store).

Hopefully being more accessable to people, more sells will happen, and they will produce the Season sets, and a movie set. Hopefully a Crusade set as well.

Well heres hoping
laugh.gif

------------------
"Let's split up"
"Good Idea"
"Yea we can do more damage that way."

As I said in another thread the Barns & Noble in D.C. has it, or had it. It was not displayed prominantly and there was only one copy but you could check there.

Any major chain that has it would be helpful though.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I'm gonna check by Suncoast on the way home today. They have a great selection of that kind of stuff.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Have the critics in the newspapers and tv shows reviewed the DVDs yet?

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Which chain, Dave?

Let's reward that Dept Store Buyer for their excellent judgement.
laugh.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Uh, what store was it?

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Well the name of the Chain is Fred Meyers, which is a big Northwest chain. Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Northern California.

I haven't checked anywhere else. But I would assume places like Target would have it.

Also I'm not sure if they are national or not. but we have a couple of big Electronic store chains. One is called Best Buy, which has a lot of DVD's, VHS, music, speakers, TV's etc. I'm not sure if Circut City, another electronic chain has it.

For those of you who don't live in the NW. maybe this isn't very helpful, but If your near a major city. You should have equivalent stores.

Also Most major cities should have a Suncoast or other Video sales store.

You may be able to order it from places like Blockbusters or Hollywood Video.

And then of course there is the online verison of Amazon.com, DvdExpress.com, DvdEmpire.com.

For those outside of the US, I know that Amazon and DVDexpress have outside US web pages. (i.e. .uk etc.)

Good Luck, and the words from JMS is encouraging.

------------------
"Let's split up"
"Good Idea"
"Yea we can do more damage that way."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Have the critics in the newspapers and tv shows reviewed the DVDs yet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're joking, right? Newspapers and TV shows hereabouts hardly ever review even blockbuster DVD releases. A DVD release that some retailers aren't even aware of because the title is so obscure? Heck, even the DVD sites and publications aren't reviewing this disc. It is sometimes hard for us to understand this as fans, but B5 is way below the radar of most people. A lot of other titles were released on December 4th, mostly well-known theatrical films, and that's what the reviewers are concentrating on. One or two DVD sites that get lots of inquiries about B5 (like DVDFile.com and The Digital Bits) will probably get around to reviewing it at some point, but I don't think it will be very soon.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Best Buy, Circuit City, and target are all national chains.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I am not surprised that Babylon 5 is not reviewed. In the UK there are large books listing reviews of films and VHS that do not mention Babylon 5. I get the impression that the VHS reviews were basically reprints of the film reviews.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Reviewers are going to concentrate on New stuff, not re-releases, even if it is new to DVD.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The DVD press reviews new releases, even of old films. Their target audience very much wants to know how The Godfather, Lawrence of Arabia and Citizen Kane look when they finally make it to DVD, while they might not care nearly as much about a recent teen sex comedy that bombed at the box office, no matter how new it is. The bias is towards big titles, not new material. (DVD reviews are primarily about the look and sound of the disc, not the quality of the film, since most people who are thinking of buying a film have already seen it and formed a positive opinion of it. DVD reviews therefore tend to be very different than ordinary film criticism.)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Reviewers are going to concentrate on New stuff, not re-releases, even if it is new to DVD.

Where the reviewers will get into the act is when they notice the Sales of this DVD taking it into the various "Top" listings and (the alert ones) connect it to the new Rangers Movie. High sales figures for the B5 DVD will prompt reviewers to want to jump in and get busy reviewing the Rangers Movie.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Back