• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Book Re-Release "Shadow Within"

Recoil

Regular
B5 Book Re-Release \"Shadow Within\"

Got this link from a buddy. Looks like those Del-Ray books are being re-released with new covers and such. If you wanna order, here you go! I belive these have been hard to find the last year or two.

The Shadow Within at Amazon.com

Re: B5 Book Re-Release \"Shadow Within\"

Yeah, Del Rey announced that they had acquired the rights to the old Dell books last year, and Jeanne Cavelos herself gave the publication date for her book on the ISN News Forum a couple of months ago. The second book released will be Kathryn M. Drennan's To Dream in the City of Sorrows, due next summer according to a Del Rey rep who appeared at an SF convention about a week ago. That's the one about Sinclair's life on Minbar, his rise to become first Anlashok'Na and then Entil'Zha, and finally some interesting events that immediately precede "War Without End." It also tells much about Marcus Cole's pre-Ranger life.

They are the two most-requested reprints, according to Steven Staffel at Del Rey, so they were chosen as the first two on the re-release schedule. They are the only two "canon" books from the Dell series, and are both pretty good - whereas the rest of the Dell books varied widely in both quality and fidelity to the series. (I think the Cavelos book is coming first because she is the author of the Technomage trilogy, and because the earlier book works as a kind of prequel to the newer books. Anna Sheridan, Mr. Morden and Kosh feature prominently in all four novels.)

Regards,

Joe

Next summer??Nuts I guess I will have to wait longer for the one book I need to complete my B5 book collection huh.

That's the only "old" book I have! I still need to find the other 8. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I have all 9 of the numbered books, and IMHO, "The Shadow Within" was one of the best. The other was book 9 "To Dream in the City of Sorrows". /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If you have not read either of these books, you should order them as soon as they are released. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Back