• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Book or Comic

B5Lady

I need some help. Is "Price of Peace" by JMS a book or comic or what? :confused:
When it`s a book or comic can you please tell me what it`s about?
Thanks...

The confusion comes from "The Price of Peace" also being tne name of a book containing a collection of Babylon 5 stories. The stories were original published as 5 comics in 1995. The collection was printed in 1998, ISBN: 1-56389-467-X.

The book tells the story of Sinclair's transfer from Babylon 5 to Minbar. The B plot is an assassination. The final chapter is a propaganda document that claims Psi Corps is a nice organisation. :rolleyes:

Just to avoid confusion from Andrew's post :) :

The "stories' he mentions are not prose stories. The trade paperback reprints several issues of the self-same comic book that is discussed above. I'm not sure if The Price of Peace was ever published as such in the U.S. or if it was strictly a U.K. title. I'm pretty sure that the similar collection, In Valen's Name was published on both sides of the Atlantic.

As far as I know all of the comic book collections are now out of print.

Regards,

Joe

The collection was published in Canada and priced in dollars. I do not know what the availability in Germany is like.

I'm not sure if The Price of Peace was ever published as such in the U.S. or if it was strictly a U.K. title.

Actually, "Price of Peace" was a title published for N. America and in the UK the trade was published as "Babylon 5". Some of the trades are out of print but some can still be purchased if you shop around. Plus, there is always eBay. :)

If it helps, I do have more comic book info on my site:
http://abyss.hubbe.net/comics/b5/index.html

At first, thanks to all of you for your help.

To Andrew Swallow:
What availability? :( I don`t know how it`s in Berlin, Munich or Hamburg. Some time ago there has been a store in Berlin, but if it`s still existing...? Heaven knows. But unfortunately Berlin is nearly 200 km away.:mad:

But you know what makes me feel better? I got an internet access! :D :p

I have all the original issues as released in Canada 1-11 plus Valen's Name 1-3... except for issue #6. I remember buying them all when they were first released, but they were hard to get hold of and not very well stocked at comic shops, so that I missed issues 5 and 6. My brother found issue 5 for me, but after scouring all the comic shops where I live, I can't find issue 6. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back