• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B*ron

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Irmo:
I felt seriously sorry for Zack. Here he was, trying everything he could think of to make things nice for her, and she just sees the thanklessness of the others...and then 'throws' herself at Byron.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call me a cynic but Zack would never have had a chance with Lyta. Maybe a short fling, but not a relationship. Zack was a really nice guy but way too ordinary for Lyta - it just wouldn't have worked out.

I did feel sorry for Zack. Unrequited love is a damn hard thing. But I don't blame Lyta for not noticing it. Actually, I think Lyta may have known (especially since strong feelings are hard to block out, as we know!) but intentionally avoided mentioning it or paying attention to it, as she would have had to turn Zack down in any case.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

I am wondering why no one uses the obvious word here: cult.

Byron was a cult leader. He may have been good, he may have been evil. But his members got out of control, and to save the more innocent people in his cult, he committed mass suicide with the more involved members of his cult.

I love the fact that JMS has kept me undecided about Byron. You just have to feel for the telepaths after knowing Ivanova. But, there is a valid point that telepaths really do strip away any hope of mental privacy.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Unrequited love is a damn hard thing. But I don't blame Lyta for not noticing it. Actually, I think Lyta may have known (especially since strong feelings are hard to block out, as we know!) but intentionally avoided mentioning it or paying attention to it, as she would have had to turn Zack down in any case.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make very good points, as always, Kribu. Lyta was actually very polite if you actually consider what she might have done as a "rouge telepath". I think it was magnificent that JMS chose her fate to be going off with G’kar into whatever they might find.

B5 might be, in one sense “Londo’s Story”. But I think the heart of B5 is G’kar!

I admit that "The Long Night of Londo Molari" aired recently where I am. So maybe I'm temporarily prejudiced!
wink.gif
lol.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
B5 might be, in one sense “Londo’s Story”. But I think the heart of B5 is G’kar!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fully agree.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I fully agree.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, big news flash here, huh?
wink.gif

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Irmo:
If she had noticed it, wouldn't it have been a dent in her concept of the thankless normals?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a guess, but perhaps she had other things weighing more heavily on her mind? Besides, weren't there a couple of occasions when Zack had - against his wishes, sure, but still - to follow orders and do things that Lyta wouldn't exactly appreciate?

As for the general teep superiority complex - uh, sure, but Lyta *was* the Vorlon doomsday weapon. However much you might try and work things out, a doomsday weapon and a sweet but just a little dense security guy would *not* make a perfect match.

As I said, I'm a cynic.
wink.gif

------------------

Have I mentioned that I just hate the guy's long, well-groomed, hair?

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Good call Recoil! His long luxurious hippie hair makes people jealous and therefore he becomes detestable. I wonder if he uses herbal essences
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

Byron could have taken hair tips from Marcus..oh wait.. Stupid bastard. Had to go and sacrifice himself. He could have been around to give Bryon hair tips, but no, he just had to go and die!

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

I know! Byron was probably a huge fan of the musical "Hair" and wanted a part. He struggled for weeks on end, trying to genetically manipulate his hair folacles to get a part, but alas, the play wouldn't accept telepaths so he assembled his cultist hair concious friends so that, eventually, they would be able to do their own production of "Hair" He didn't want a homeworld! He wanted to dominate Broadway!(menacing music in backround)
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

Call me a cynic but Zack would never have had a chance with Lyta. Maybe a short fling, but not a relationship. Zack was a really nice guy but way too ordinary for Lyta - it just wouldn't have worked out.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that was precisely one of the problems of the teeps and Lyta, they had endured segregation via Psi Corps so long that the thought of us vs. them (the normals) was so deeply inside them that they couldn't shed it anymore. That "they don't understand how complicated things are" thought is precisely what keeps them apart. "You don't understand" is usually a surefire way to alienate someone who does his or her best to try to understand and empathize as much as possible. It's a frustrating slap into the face of well-meaning friends.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
I did feel sorry for Zack. Unrequited love is a damn hard thing. But I don't blame Lyta for not noticing it. Actually, I think Lyta may have known (especially since strong feelings are hard to block out, as we know!) but intentionally avoided mentioning it or paying attention to it, as she would have had to turn Zack down in any case.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If she had noticed it, wouldn't it have been a dent in her concept of the thankless normals?

------------------
If I tell you my name is Lorien, what good is that?

(Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi?)

As far as Lyta and Zack, there is no way a telepath as strong as Lyta cound Not know how he felt.

I figure that Lyta was just kind enough NOT to give him the "I love you like a brother" speech.
Especially since that was probably how she Did feel.
Just because he loved Her, doesn't mean she had to feel the same way.
And that's not a "Teep/Normal" problem, that's a "Man/Woman" problem.

I've met at least half a dozen women over the years that I could have loved forever.
Unfortunately, they already loved Someone Else.
Life is like that.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back