• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Are the Forums Not Macintosh-Friendly???

I recently switched to an Apple iMac, and I'm having trouble accessing the forums from home. Whenever I try to go into the forums, my browser quits. It's done this with Safari and Netscape. I can't remember for sure, but I think it may have even done it with annoying Internet Explorer too.

Is this site not Macintosh-friendly, or do I need to do something to one of my browsers to get it to accept this site?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I've just had someone test this page using an iMac and Safari. It doesn't seem to be an issue with Apple.
They have OS 10.2.6 & safari 1.0 (v85)

Congrats on switching. :)

In line with SwiftBiscuit's comments, sounds like an error rather than a B5TV.COM problem. Having said that, there is no official support for Macs at the site. It is very much "if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't". But I don't know of any issues that would affect Macs, I'll certainly do things that make it Mac-friendly if I can.

Thanks for the help. I guess it's something wrong on my end. I'll try to clean a few things up on my computer, and if nothing helps, I'll post at the Apple web site for help there.

Thanks again.

I use Safari with OS X (10.2.6) and the site works fine for me... in fact Safari is the most stable browser I've ever used. IE for Mac often crashes when surfing B5TV boards, in my experience...

Actually, I was able to surf around here some last night from my computer at home without a problem.

My computer automatically looks for software updates and recently prompted me to update Java, which I did. I did that before coming back here. Do you think the Java update had something to do with it? If not, I guess the problem fixed itself.

Thanks

in fact Safari is the most stable browser I've ever used. IE for Mac often crashes when surfing B5TV boards, in my experience

Doesn't everything made by Microsoft (except maybe games) crash constantly? I used the very buggy Windows Millenium Edition operating system for over 2 years. That's the #1 reason I switched back to Apple in the first place. Very glad I did. I've gone from locking up an average of twice a day to locking up twice (if even that) in about four months.

Doesn't everything made by Microsoft (except maybe games) crash constantly? I used the very buggy Windows Millenium Edition operating system for over 2 years. That's the #1 reason I switched back to Apple in the first place. Very glad I did. I've gone from locking up an average of twice a day to locking up twice (if even that) in about four months.

It depends what you are looking at, although you are certainly correct that ME is a dog.

At work all day I use Win98SE, which crashes/freezes/f***s up at least twice a day without fail, whereas my home machine running XPHome has crashed once (yes once) since December 2001 in spite of the fact that the multi-track recording I do undoubtedly puts significantly more strain on that PC than the bog-standard office stuff I do at work. I can even pinpoint the cause of that one solitary crash to something that I did wrong while setting up some of the drivers for my music hardware.

I am no fan of Micro$oft, but I have to (reluctantly) give them kudos for making WinXP by far the most stable OS I have ever used (including the occasional Mac).

:D

Yea runs fine on linux for me too, once I managed to get java installed past the administrative blocking.

Back