• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Any last stops to pull out?

Recoil

Regular
Woah,

For a second there when I saw your topic I thought I was back in the NC-17 forum...

To your point, no not really. I would like to see more advertising on other cable channels a bit (I know they have been doing it on some). Try to get people from different viewing circles exposed to it. But that is about it.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>For a second there when I saw your topic I thought I was back in the NC-17 forum <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goddamnit, you're taking my lines!

Does the mighty GKarsEye have some competition for being Sickest Member of B5?

Anyway, no, I really don't see what more can be done. Maybe a little something in TV Guide the week of the broadcast.

Maybe I should get another tattoo, this time of the B5 logo?

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Generally, print ads don't come until the "week of airing".

Someone said they saw an ad in a comics magazine, though.

Here are some things to look out for. Even if there aren't ads, there may be reviews by the TV critics.

Entertainment Weekly: next week's issue appears this Thursday, Jan 10th on some newsstands.

TV Guide: comes out next Monday, the 14th. TV Guide's critic Matt Roush is "scifi friendly" in that he has been known to give good reviews to other SF shows.

USA Today: Friday, the 18th. A review is also possible.

Your local newspapers around the country: Rob Owen of the Pittsburgh paper writes about SFTV often.

Print is like "point of purchase" advertising. People who don't know what they plan on watching yet would be consulting it for advice from the TV listings.

------------------

Its ok GE. Remember that true strength only comes from conflict!

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SavantB5:

Someone said they saw an ad in a comics magazine, though.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that was me. It was a full page add in the comic magazine thingy called Wizard.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SavantB5:
TV Guide: comes out next Monday, the 14th. TV Guide's critic Matt Roush is "scifi friendly" in that he has been known to give good reviews to other SF shows.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to remember that Roush liked B5 but didn't care for Crusade.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Well, liking B5 but not caring for Crusade is better than TV Guide's "critic" during B5's first couple seasons.
That guy Hated anything that wasn't Trek.

Of course, it was so Great when he was proved Wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Let us all go back in time, for a moment, and consider the description by Jeff Jarvis and a few others of the B5 pilot's CGI effects as being "cheesy." (Jarvis as in TV Guide's Jeff Jarvis.) Well, guess what?

We got a phone call today. Foundation Imaging, Ron's company, which did the CGI EFX for the pilot, was notified today that they have received an Emmy Award from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for their work on the B5 pilot. We are now an "Emmy Award Winning Show for Best Special Effects in a Television Movie."
JMS

For those who watch "Points of Departure" when it airs, keep a sharp ear out... our friend Mr. Jarvis gets plinked.
JMS
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Well, we're fast approaching the final countdown to the launch of B5LR.

SciFi was done a fair amount of TV ads on cable, and paid for the movie trailer on Lord of the Rings. Of course, we've all seen ads on various web sites, and we know there are three wrapped cars out there somewhere, as well as the t-shirts.

Has anyone seen any print ads yet? Do you think there will be any in TC Guie, etc?

Are there any other stops to pull out?

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back