• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'alternative' War of the Worlds movie

\'alternative\' War of the Worlds movie

Found this:

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1776

Some fans were anticipating their first look at the independent film version of "H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds" to be released this month. But it looks like they'll have to wait until April.

"The push back is due entirely to production," said director Timothy Hines in a press release. "I've worked for seven [years] on this film, and as the release deadline approached, I was faced with a very simple choice: rush the picture or push the release date back and do the movie right."

The film, which is still expected to be released before the Steven Spielberg-Tom Cruise version being planned for Paramount Pictures and Dreamworks, is being produced by Hines' Pendragon Pictures. It was originally scheduled for a theatrical release March 30, but now will take place sometime in April. "This was absolutely the right thing to do," Hines said. "My picture ... is an epic with thousands of special effects. It would have been absurd to cut scenes or rush effects when the movie was so close to completion. The thousands of fan letters that pour in every week reflect that this decision is correct and, in the end, it was the only way to go."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425638/

Sounds like my prayers have been answered, a proper period version of the story. Anyone else have any other thoughts/ info on this project?

Re: \'alternative\' War of the Worlds movie

Well, is this why Tom Cruise's was fast tracked? They were hoping for some delays in the independent version and maybe if the delays were great enough Speilberg was hoping to get to market first? Tom Cruise's prescence in WotW didn't exactly thrill me, but, I've liked quite a few movies with him in it, so I was hoping for the best.

Re: \'alternative\' War of the Worlds movie

Well, is this why Tom Cruise's was fast tracked? They were hoping for some delays in the independent version and maybe if the delays were great enough Speilberg was hoping to get to market first? Tom Cruise's prescence in WotW didn't exactly thrill me, but, I've liked quite a few movies with him in it, so I was hoping for the best.

This film appears to be an Indie DV (digital video) film. While it's obviously got some money behind it and looks interesting, I seriously doubt it had anything to do with why Cruise/Spielberg fasttracked their version.

CE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back