• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A triology of triologies

I also liked the first psi book. I can just imagine how much Lyta would gall blood.

I think that's not too big of a spoiler.

------------------
Bus
"The pink ones keep ya from screamin'." Grandpa

I just finished reading the Centauri Trilogy and it was excellent. My favorite line is from the 3rd book when..

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Garibaldi bursts into the room with ppg's in hand and says "Whats up Drakh?" </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaptDS9E:
I just finished reading the Centauri Trilogy and it was excellent. My favorite line is from the 3rd book when..

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Garibaldi bursts into the room with ppg's in hand and says "Whats up Drakh?" </font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he he yes that Line is one of the clasic's.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
he he yes that Line is one of the clasic's.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked the line so much the moment I read it, I had to make it my tag line.

I think it's done well for me all this time.

The rest is history....
cool.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

i really enjoyed the psi corps trilogy and the centauri prime trilogy, but i think the technomage trilogy will end up as my favorite. i also really liked To Dream in the City of Sorrows and The Shadow Within. glad i got The Shadow Within when i did, since i understand it's quite hard to get a hold of now.

i love how much these books give us of the story that we otherwise wouldn't have seen. i haven't bothered with the other books that are mostly fluff, except for Personal Agendas, which i actually like as a sort of B5 lite. the sheridan/delenn plot is a riot. good for soothing my nerves when i freak out in the middle of the night convinced my dorm room is haunted. (gettysburg college. oh, the stories people do tell.)

to me, it seems the technomage trilogy has more depth than the centauri prime trilogy, which is why i favor the technomage one. but my favorite line so far has to be Garibaldi's "What's up, Drakh?" from the centauri prime trilogy. am i the only one that actually had to put the book down for a few moments, because they were laughing so hard?

------------------
-dief, the scholar
Hail Booji!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>That said, the Psi-Corps was not so much a trilogy in the sense of a storyline spread over three books like the Centauri was or the TM seems to be, but rather three books from the same sub-part of the B5 universe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oddly enough, that's what "trilogy" used to mean - and still does outside of genre discussions - a trio of three related, but independent novels. They didn't even have to share elements of the same story, just the same setting or a few characters to qualify as a trilogy.

The more recent usage mostly dates from the publication of The Lord of the Rings and is really a mistake - a publisher's decision born of impatience, economics and physical printing requirements. The last thing that LotR can be called is a trilogy. It is really a single long novel that just happened to be bound in three volumes. (Because the publisher didn't want to wait until the whole thing was totally finished before printing this "sequel" to the surprisingly popular The Hobbit, and because a single volume edition would be too hard to make and too expensive to sell.)

But if you strip out the synopses at the beginning of The Two Towers and The Return of the King you get an unbroken narrative running from "A Long Expected Party" to "The Grey Havens" The three parts don't have even the nominal independence of the Centauri or Technomage books.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I have and originally owned all the books but I gave away the first six because I didn't have any desire to re-read them. The Shadow Within is a Must Read if you can get it. It really defines the character of Morden and Anna Sheridan and tells a bit of what Sheridan was doing prior to B5.

I was disappointed in the PsiCorps trilogy because I was expecting the telepath war. I read all three book through twice and then gave them to a friend. Would never read them again. If you really want background on Babylon 5 it really helps to read To Dream in the City of Sorrows and the other two trilogies. They really don't cost much and if you can find them I recommend buying them for a better understanding of the whole B5 universe.

------------------

J. Gregory Keyes, the author of the Psi Corps trilogy said he asked JMS about the telepath war, as it was conspicuously absent from the outline in any detail.

He wanted to fill in some details around the edges of the story, knowing that so many people wanted to hear any scrap of info on it.

The Vorlon said no.

Can you imagine, writing a history during which such turmoil ensues and knowing nothing about the central most conflict of the group you're writing about.

AIEEEEEE.... that's a tough writing assignment...
shocked.gif

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

[This message has been edited by Technomage Roanna (edited August 22, 2001).]

I'm reading the second technomage book now. Last night I read the scene that was shown on the show, where Elric catches Londo trying to record their conversation in Sheridan's office. It's very cool to see those events from a different perspective.

I love Blaylock. What a wonderful jerk.

However, so far it's my least favorite trilogy. I dunno, it's not bad or anything, I guess I was more interested in the material covered in the other books. I was dying to know what lead up to Londo and G'Kar seeing each other. Therefore, the Centauri trilogy is my favorite. The Centauri seem to me to be the most human-like race, probably because of all the parallels I can make between them and human history. I'll eat up anything I can get about Centauri, Londo in particular.

I was intrigued by the Psi-Corps the first time I saw Bester. The Psi-Corps trilogy was very cool to read, especially the third book.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Considering how many times Garibaldi came close to dying before and during B5, as well as Garibaldi's near death at the hands of Bester in the third book, it's quite a stretch to believe he lived that long. Perhaps he just led a pretty safe and secure life in between those two events as president as a major corporation. I'd love to read a detailed biography of Garibaldi. </font></td></tr></table>

Ok, this is really stupid, but:
Gari-bald-i
Haha, haha, ok I'm done.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

No doubt JMS is keeping the Telepath War in his back pocket for some reason.

I wonder what it is.....

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back