• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Cruel Trick

Elizar

Beyond the rim
When I was loading the page, I saw LOTR DVD. I thought WOW! Legend of the Rangers on DVD!! And then, The Picture came on above it! Was that put on there just to get our hopes up, and then drop them?

LOTR is and always will be Lord of the Rings while B5LR is and always will be Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers. I don't see why you would have been confused. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Well I started out calling "Rangers" LotR or B5:LotR - mainly to be funny ... it always made sense to me since I don't see there being a movie called "Lord of the Rings"; there's "Fellowship of the Rings" which is FotR. Calling the one that came out last year LotR will lead to confusion this Winter. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Actually (as can be clearly seen in the DVD cover art) the film's official title is The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings, much as Attack of the Clones will be billed as Star Wars: Episode II with Clones as the subtitle. In both cases the over-all work has a title of its own, distinct from its component parts.

Regards,

Joe

Oh, I don't know... there's just the first LOTR movie, the second LOTR movie, and the third LOTR movie as far as I'm concerned. Just as I can't be bothered to name the HP movie with its full name every time - it's still the Harry Potter movie for me, even though there's (with any luck) six more of them on the way.

Just as Star Wars is Star Wars, a lot more often than you see the individual titles mentioned - and if you do see the individual titles mentioned, it's usually with Star Wars attached to it (unless probably in SW-dedicated sites).

So it's the same with LOTR. And even for me, LOTR has always meant Lord of the Rings, and still does, after Rangers as well, even though the English abbreviations were never part of my social mythology or whatever you want to call them. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I differentiate them easily. The B5LR movie is either B5LR, or TLADIS.
LOTR always means Lord Of The Rings, and the three books are TFOTR, TTT /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif (only I would laugh at an acronym) and TROTK.
I suggest you adopt my system of naming, it is rather efficient.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back