• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 (Possible spoilers for season 3)

GKarsEye

Regular
Um, dudes, like, you know 24 starts up tonight, right? :D

- It's three years later.
- President Palmer is running for re-election.
- Jack Bauer is probably some high-up dude, now (wearing a suit in the commercials).
- Spawn is working with daddy, god save the country.
- I think Tony and Michelle are married and both return.
- Lady McPalmer and Nina seem to be out of the picture for good, but who really knows?
- Kate Warner is not back, so no lovin' for Jack.

I think the bad guys this year are South American drug trafficers. Looks like Jack is gonna take the "Drug War" to a whole new level.

Set your PVRs, take the phone off the hook, get your favorite snacks handy, and turn down the lights. Asses will be kicked.

Re: 24

Yeah, I guess I'll come back. On the one hand, 24 Season 2 occasionally made me feel dirty and violated, but the rest of the time it was pretty darn entertaining. As much as I hate being a slave to the tube, I'll be there (plus, my wife is watching it anyway so it's really non-negotiable).

Set your PVRs, take the phone off the hook, get your favorite snacks handy, and turn down the lights. Asses will be kicked.... in about 5 months time.

The BBC are slow on this. Having said that, the BBC haven't got it at all for season 3. :D Maybe it'll come out quicker here.

Odd timing. Mother just picked up the S2 DVDs. I'll have to watch them and S3 simultaneously. Figured they'd stick spawn in CTU, given her generally accepted loathing. I'm interested to see this new guy Chase as well.

It's going to be a long wait during CS577 tonight.

Jack's a junkie!

I can't believe I didn't see it earlier. That seems to be a common problem with undercover drug agents.

Oh no prez, your new woman might be evil, too! Lucky in politics, unlucky in love. Or some such.

Ah, it's good to have this back on the air. :)

What are the rules for this forum? Well never mind. GKE, could you be kind and add a spoiler warning to your first post title please? Unless of course it's been agreed that it's a spoiler free-for-all in this forum.

The way I've seen it on other boards and usually around here is that if an episode already aired, then they're no longer "spoilers."

The stuff listed in my original posts is just from the commercials.

I'm kind of sad. Probably no more Mandy. :( Unless, somehow, she wasn't one of the people who got caught. I kind of feel cheated about that. He almost died in this big end of the season event and they spend only a few lines of dialogue to explain it. I could be proven wrong later, though, I hope.

I'm kind of sad. Probably no more Mandy. :( Unless, somehow, she wasn't one of the people who got caught. I kind of feel cheated about that. He almost died in this big end of the season event and they spend only a few lines of dialogue to explain it. I could be proven wrong later, though, I hope.
You never know. You thought you were not going to see her again after Season 1 but look when she popped up.

The way I've seen it on other boards and usually around here is that if an episode already aired, then they're no longer "spoilers."

But the episode hasn't aired. Oh, it might have done your way. But it hasn't aired elsewhere, so what interest is of that to us? So spoiler space is necessary. The rules, admittedly not on the top of the page anymore, is that a spoiler warning is necessary if the episode is in the current or previous TV season. So in the case of 24, anything in seasons 2 and 3. Outside of those rules, people can use their own discretion.

SPOILERS BELOW

Okay, it wasn't as good as the Season 2 opener. The hacksaw incident in that ep is what got me to come back last time.
A lot of what I hate about 24 was on display last night.

1. Shit camera work. I think they hired one of the Blair Witch kids to direct.
2. Office politics. In today's Politically correct environment, they finally found a Man-bitch at CTU to spar with Spawn. Even when he's not whining, he's so busy giving the Zoolander pout, I want to kick my television.
3. Very bad dialogue.

If the story moves along, it helps you ignore these things, but when the story idles, the flaws show all over.

Bonus complaint: That latin chick's over-injected lips. The lower one is actually inflated larger than the grossly inflated upper.

The story element of Kim hacking Zoolander in order to get him to send her the file is also ridiculous - not that she did it, but that she had to. I'm so glad that when CTU needs a fast ID on a John Doe with the plague, bitchy-boy is gonna play games. I would have called in a supervisor immediately and gotten him fired. Then, in his next job at Starbucks or Fridays, he could contemplate the value of being a team player.

The Prez is now so paranoid he has hired his own brother and sweared off black women. Actually, his brother was pretty cool and quite an adept handler.

Jack's a junkie. Expect a lot of puke for the next few weeks.

Now we wonder: Is there another traitor in the works?
And if so, who?

I give the episode a 2.5 out of 5.
(Two Thumbs Horizontal)

Just so everyone knows I edited the title to avoid any more controversy over spoilers.

Now, my take on the season opener.

As B5_Obsessed stated, it wasn't nearly as good as the season two opener. I do however like some of the newer elements to the characters, such as Jack having a partner who just happens to be secretly dating his daughter. I don't particularly like that aspect of it, but we gotta have subplots and tension right?

Tony and Michelle are now married and they're considering moving. I don't like that new guy that works across from Kim. It seems like they've taken her whininess and given it to someone else. Maybe he'll get attacked by the cougar at some point during the day. :D

I like Palmer's brother as he seems to have his priorities straight and knows what needs to get done. I'm not too sure about the relationship with his doctor, but we'll see what happens. I'm wondering if we'll get to see Michelle Forbes (Ensign Ro to you, GKE) this season. You think Palmer dumped Prescott as his running mate?

Overall, there wasn't a whole lot of action, but that should change rather quickly. I miss Mason's character, as I liked his style of command at CTU. The first episode was okay, but hopefully Kevin Dillon will show up to rekindle the spark that 24 was missing during its season opener.

I like that the opener wasn't action-packed. It served to establish the setting and situation. There was a lot of ground to cover.

Sutherland has said that this season is particularly full of action, so that's cool.

I gotta give major props to the the scene at the end with Jack the needle. He proved yet again why he is the ultimate TV star right now.

My area reaired the season premiere of 24 for 2nd airing and I missed it again ,I will have to definately make sure I see this week's episode.

My area reaired the season premiere of 24 for 2nd airing and I missed it again ,I will have to definately make sure I see this week's episode.

I just saw a preview for the next episode and it appears that they are re-airing the first episode right before the new one airs at its regularly scheduled time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back