• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 - Feb 11 episode (Spoilers!)

haze

Awesome episode. I was really drawn in by the scenes with Jack and Syed Ali. While I figured that Jack was bluffing when he said the President gave him the green light to kill Syed's family, it was still an intense situation.

The Kim "arc" is still boring, what good luck she has that some guy just happens to be wandering the woods a half mile from his home and carrying bandages! He earned her trust by freeing her from that trap and offering her a place to stay...who wants to take bets that he'll end up kidnapping her? She desperately needs to invest in a stun gun. :p

Kim had a somewhat integral part of the story in Season 1. She was kidnapped to get Bauer to help the bad guys. Part of the time she was trying to escape and get away. The latter half of the season, her involvement because sort of a moot point, but in the begining of the season her role was actually important.

Kim, however, in Season 2 is an utterly pointless role. She is there to look pretty. (ok, she does it well, granted, but still its pretty worthless other than that). Her characters role in this season is almost humorous. Trying to escape and save the little girl was one thing, a bit hoakey, but at least it had a point. Since that stage though she has utterly had no reason to really be in the Season. Now she is wandering around the wilderness outside the blast radius WHO CARES?!?!?

The rest of the episode was pretty good. I dont know whats up with Sherry and all the others playing their games. I do find it interesting that the season is just about half over, and they are already close to finding the bomb. Wonder if the bomb was just a small part of what is really going on. Things are definately getting interesing. The "take over of the Presidency" line that Sherry had was rather interesting. I wonder if that isnt more at the heart of what is going on more than this terrorist threat.

I was a tad disappointed. It would've made for a better story if he'd actually killed Ali's kids. But I don't hold it against them - Just look what they're doing to Stanton.

So they're about to find the bomb. And there's still about 12 hours left. Plot shift. I love evolutions like this. Not that we didn't see it coming though.

The second I saw Lynne and Mike meet and discuss Sherri, I thought for sure that Lynne was going to get killed off in that episode...especially when she showed up to that meeting and Sherri was there.

I had a feeling that Bauer was bluffing when he ordered Siad's first son killed. I thought that the gunman just pushed over the chair and shot at the ground (kind of like that one scene in The Negotiator). I didn't think that they were using the video type technology.

Like Recoil said, Kim played an intregal part in the first season, but they really could have done without her this season. She just seems to be there to fill up time.

It was a very good episode overall though.

Just how f***ing stupid must you be when you need Kevin Dillon to help you get a loop of wire off your leg?

The trap was designed for a goddamned ANIMAL with PAWS, not a person with an opposable thumb!!!

Ahem....

The rest was cool though. I seriously suspect the other guy (name unknown) in Palmer's cadre of being in on the conspiracy as well. Could be a trick though.

Oh my god, I have no nails left. They really had me worried there when they had those kids tied up.

The rest was cool though. I seriously suspect the other guy (name unknown) in Palmer's cadre of being in on the conspiracy as well. Could be a trick though.

Do you mean Mike? That would be pretty rough- leaving Lynn to be the only loyal advisor.

Sinclair, I thought the same thing about Jack shooting on the ground. But their approach was pretty neat.

I figured that Jack wouldn't kill them because they're going to have Jack and Kate Warner fall in love, which wouldn't happen if she saw him order the slaughter of innocent children.

The good thing about Kim in the past couple of episodes is that she's been shown very little. They have been very Jack-intensive.

I am dreading an episode in the future where Marie Warner breaks down and cries about her evil deeds, a la dying Darth Vader.

I figured that Jack wouldn't kill them because they're going to have Jack and Kate Warner fall in love, which wouldn't happen if she saw him order the slaughter of innocent children.

From the second Jack and Kate met I had this strong feeling that they would end up falling in love. That was a little too predictable, but they're going about it in the right way.

TV Guide or some other similar magazine had a little piece on the actress who plays Kate Warner, which introduced her character as a "possible love interest for Jack Bauer" wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

I heard the same thing in TV Guide too about Kate and Jack. But it sure is taking a very long time to develop, and plans do change. And hopefully their plans will change - Kim will end up face down in the gutter somewhere. But I have lofty dreams.

Do you mean the love story is taking long to develop? Remember that she was just rescued a couple of hours ago, certainly not enough time for a budding romance in the midst of tracking a nuclear bomb.

They'll probably express something at the end of the season and not make a big fuss about it.

It was a good episode, I too like all the thing with Jack and Fayed Ali. I don't believe for a moment Jack order to kill his son, I don't know somehow I don't see it in Jack's personality to do something like that so I imagine it was a trick to make him talk. I like when he continue the conversation after Palmer hang up to make Ali thinking he have the go.
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back