• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Recent content by Springer

  1. Springer

    The Sinclair to Sheridan Switch

    Give funnylilgal and bunnytails a try - they both really enjoy the show, offer up good insights and interesting theories, and have reacted genuinely emotionally to various events in season 1.
  2. Springer

    B5 Episodes on Official YouTube Channel

    The JMS/Bruce conversation is now up on YouTube, it's split into three parts. Part 1: Part 2: Part 3: And good news! It's available outside the US too (well, it's available in the UK, I assume elsewhere too) Nothing groundbreaking, but a fun conversation between them nonetheless and some...
  3. Springer

    The Sinclair to Sheridan Switch

    I'm really pleased that almost all the reactors love Sinclair (fans were definitely split 50/50 back in the day) so I am nervous whenever the reactors get to that point. Funnylilgal is going to be very upset when it happens! I remember it being spoiled for me about a week or two before Points...
  4. Springer

    EpDis: The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars

    Sinclair was at least three orders of magnitude out in his estimate of the timeline! But that is a great speech though lately I've come to disagree with the sentiment a bit, when in the past I used to espouse it. Huh, I didn't realise the first draft was written with Ivanova in the opening...
  5. Springer

    EpDis: The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars

    Did you notice the Ranger emblem on the side of future man's ship? It suggests that humans and Minbari are still unified a million years into the future (when Jason Ironheart said he would see them again). New Earth is meant to be the Vorlon homeworld according to JMS (at some point Lyta...
  6. Springer

    B5 Episodes on Official YouTube Channel

    Yeah, we can't see them in the UK, probably because it is currently being broadcast weekdays on the Legend channel. They did upload a few episodes earlier in the year that we could watch in the UK, but they got taken down. I wonder how it affects sales of the Blu-ray?
  7. Springer

    EpDis: Thirdspace

    Sorry! I forgot you hadn't seen some of these, I hope we haven't spoiled anything by talking about them.
  8. Springer

    EpDis: Thirdspace

    Well if we're going to rate them... The Gathering – 9 out of 10. I've watched the special edition a few times lately and it has really gone up in my estimation! Thirdspace - 8 out of 10 for reasons I mention above. In the Beginning - 7.5 out of 10. I think it tries to do a bit too much and...
  9. Springer

    EpDis: Thirdspace

    Quick edit: Ah, I thought you were calling Thirdspace laughable, now I realise you meant River of Souls. mea culpa. But even that has good things going for it. Martin Sheen and Ian McShane are good in everything they do. The first 10 minutes of the movie with the archeological dig hangs...
  10. Springer

    EpDis: Thirdspace

    Huh, I like Thirdspace, my favourite of the movies. It's got creepy aliens designed by Wayne Barlowe, two or three good guest stars, some action, a really eerie ambience, some Vorlon history, Lyta's powers, an excellent soundtrack, and it moves at a decent pace. I know we can't all like the same...
  11. Springer

    What's your favourite season?

    Hmm, I think I'd argue season 3 was more consistent than season 4 of TNG, I can't think of a single bad episode in season 3, but there's a couple in season 4 I'm not keen on. But like B5 both season 3 and 4 of TNG are overall excellent, the peak of that show. You make a good point about season...
  12. Springer

    What's your favourite season?

    Those first six episodes of season 4, and the last seven or eight, are something special aren't they? I just wish Into the Fire had had a better director, the most important episode of the entire show and it's just staged so flat. I always find it hard to split season 3 and 4. I think season 4...
  13. Springer

    EpDis: In The Beginning

    Yes, he mentions this very plot point in season 1, episode 8, 'And the Sky Full of Stars'.
  14. Springer

    EpDis: In The Beginning

    Glad you enjoyed it! One way to look at the huge coincidence of half the cast members meeting each other during the war is that Londo is telling the story, and he wasn't the most reliable narrator at the best of times - he could just be populating the story as he understands it with people he...
  15. Springer

    EpDis: Exogenesis

    Probably neither, symbiotic stories have been done many times in science fiction literature, though to be fair I can't think of any particular stories right now in which memories of past lives are carried forwards. But if it is just between B5 and TNG, then TNG did it first with the season 4...
Back
Top