• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Why are Shadows First Ones?

It's from a video game. There was a JMS message with it saying the technical info was canon. While I don't take this to include story lines ShadowScout does. Make up your own mind.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
It's from a video game. There was a JMS message with it saying the technical info was canon. While I don't take this to include story lines ShadowScout does. Make up your own mind.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Video Game we never got? How does anybody know what was in it, precisely?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The Video Game we never got? How does anybody know what was in it, precisely?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know, it was not from any of the unreleased B5 video games. I think ShadowScout mentioned that it was from the rulebook of a Babylon 5 strategy board game.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

I believe what he posts is based on a video game that was released. I still put zero stock in it.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>It's from a video game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
NO, No, no!!!
How often do I have to post it - its not from the never-released B5 computer game "Into the Fire" by Sierra...
It's from the certainly released and well-going B5 space combat boradgame "Babylon 5 Wars" from Agents of Gaming!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>As far as I know, it was not from any of the unreleased B5 video games. I think ShadowScout mentioned that it was from the rulebook of a Babylon 5 strategy board game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Finally one who got it right!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I believe what he posts is based on a video game that was released. I still put zero stock in it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
1 - you believe wrongly.
2 - that's your choice.

But JMS says the info is good, WBros and BabProd approved everything AoG released (and did tell AoG to make changes in some products before they would OK the release), and AoG puts a lot of effort into their fluff to create a good background that doesn't clash with show evidence while providing more and more B5 universe info.
If you don't want to accept this information - fine. Your loss. Others will be happy to learn more about the races from B5, get more info to flesh out their favorite show, maybe even get into the game and fight a small fleet of their chosen race's ships in miniature on a space-black hexboard. And unlike tons of fan-fiction or "B5 tech manual" web sites, all AoG material has passed review from the ones in charge of the whole B5 universe (or at least their assistants
wink.gif
). It's just as canon as the later books (those where WB did reviewing - not the first few where they didn't).
Face it - it's Official and part of B5 background info until JMS changes his mind.

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

I read the statement you provided from JMS. It say nothing about storylines. It doesn't matter if it's a video game or a board game.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I read the statement you provided from JMS. It say nothing about storylines.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. But he does mention "accuracy and canonical authority", does he...
Besides, AoG does more background info then new storylines (in fact they avoid them like the plague, since that's JMS's turf, and they do take great care not to release stuff that might clash with things JMS has planned...)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if it's a video game or a board game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
True.
The only things that matter are:
- It is released.
- It is checked and approved by WB and BP.
- JMS says it's OK.
- It doesn't clash with established show info (at least not much - but then so does some show info...)
- It's good and enjoyable B5 BG info.

So, and now we should agree that we'll not agree on this and quit the discussion about AoG's canonical status.
crazy.gif

Those who like to should get the AoG info, those who choose otherwise don't have to buy it. Simple as that...

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back