• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

various from jms - Monday, June 14, 2004 8:26 AM

As for him being a consultant...he didn't say that....he said he was asked to come onboard to EP Enterprise. He declined.

He may have been given the title EP but he was not the show runner. The current holders would have still been around to veto his suggestions. Enterprise is still on route to the chop.

Yet, he still created a new treatment for a new Trek series and a plan to save it. This is why I'm not so sure (instinct here) that JMS and Trek are quite done with each other. ;)

Since the new series has not been rejected out of hand that is still possible.

For those who missed the other thread:

"Trumpets will sound from the wrong side of the river,
The three brothers, Harry, Jack and Albert go forth.
Into a hole seven wide by three high his head fits,
When the ides of May pass slowly."

:)

'You're trouble! I like that!"

Jan

Ok, this is where I put my bets:

1 - The "encoded message" has nothing to do with the DVDs.
For me, it suggests that the feature film will be shot/ FXed in England (Pinewood Studios, maybe) and Australia.
My feeling has always been that these posts by JMS are "stream of conciousness" types of posts, which makes me think that the "encoded message" was an afterthrought to what he had just said, which would imply soemething to do with the DVDs or commentaries.

Nothing solid to go one, of course, but I find the idea that JMS (or anyone else) would suddenly decide to do the FX or anything else in Britain or Australia before "stage two" is complete to be a reach. They would be sure they had a movie to offer (and announce it) before they selected anything like an FX shop or sound stage, it seems to me.

JMS has used "the horizon" any number of times in his writings and interviews as "the inspirational future" and it would surprise me not at all to see him telling the fans in Britain and Oz that their complaints had been heard and that good news was on the way by referring to "the horizon."

My feeling has always been that these posts by JMS are "stream of conciousness" types of posts, which makes me think that the "encoded message" was an afterthrought to what he had just said, which would imply soemething to do with the DVDs or commentaries.
Nothing solid to go one, of course, but I find the idea that JMS (or anyone else) would suddenly decide to do the FX or anything else in Britain or Australia before "stage two" is complete to be a reach. They would be sure they had a movie to offer (and announce it) before they selected anything like an FX shop or sound stage, it seems to me.

Thank you for as clear and succinct an explanation of why these ideas represent exegisis gone wild and why checking wild-ass guesses against the realities and probabilities of how things work in the real world (in this case the very deliberate pace of the film making process and the necessity of completing step "B" before any thought can be given to step "H" or step "Q") is such a good idea. People in general would believe a good deal less nonsense if they combined their pursuit of ideas and theories with a little observation of the real world and life as it is actually lived on this planet. Or perhaps consulted thousands of years of human experience before deciding they had stumbled upon an original explanation for or way of doing something. A preference for theory and speculation over common sense, observation and evidence seems to me to be a quite general failing of the modern world, as well as a partial explantion of why it is such an unholy mess. :)

Regards,

Joe

Thank you for as clear and succinct an explanation of why these ideas represent exegisis gone wild ..
I can assure you that if I got anything right in my post (or any of my posts on this, quite frankly) it was by accident or coincidence! :LOL:

... A preference for theory and speculation over common sense, observation and evidence seems to me to be a quite general failing of the modern world, as well as a partial explantion of why it is such an unholy mess. :)

Regards,

Joe

"In theory, practice is the same as theory. In practice, it isn't." (Yogi Berra, I think...)

"Common sense ain't so common any more." John Prine

People in general would believe a good deal less nonsense if they combined their pursuit of ideas and theories with a little observation of the real world and life as it is actually lived on this planet. Or perhaps consulted thousands of years of human experience before deciding they had stumbled upon an original explanation for or way of doing something. A preference for theory and speculation over common sense, observation and evidence seems to me to be a quite general failing of the modern world, as well as a partial explantion of why it is such an unholy mess. :)

Regards,

Joe

So tell us, please Mighty Joe'Kar, "What is life and what is God?" or vice versa :)

Almir

Come on Joe, if you were really witty you would have said:

"Life is like a box of chocolates...but it is not the box of chocolates"

:p

Re: various from jms - Monday, June 14, 2004 8:26

It's only 42 when you factor in the Universe and Everything.

Ah, the waiting has made us silly. :) :D

Re: various from jms - Monday, June 14, 2004 8:26

It has taken you this long to realize? My God people...we reached silly several months ago. :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not true CE

[KOSH] We have always been silly [/KOSH]

:LOL:

Drazi Ambassador: Captain...we're sorry...we thought you were silly.

Sheridan: I was. I'm better now.

<g,d,r>
Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back