• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

US B5LR air date put back--again

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Obviously not. After many posts, a new thread, and email, the news headline is still the same, and the only thread title calling attention to it has been closed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and it will remain the same as it is valid. If it was incorrect, it would be retracted.

------------------
"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -- Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hair-gel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away." -- Spike, as Angel, in Angel

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:

If it's such "old news", go elsewhere then KoshN to a more "up to date" news source. You and perhaps the messageboard clique might know about other *possible* dates (and even I didn't, I don't believe I've been emailed them), but this is a more confirmed date and it's run on the site's news system for *everyone* to read.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jeeezzzz did you get up on the wrong side of the bed, Antony? It's information that's been posted here before. I remember it. It was on the boards here. I don't go anywhere else for Rangers info. As for suggesting there is a message board clique...that is a pretty nasty thing to say about the people who frequent the very board you are hoping people will be willing to pay a premium for 'exclusive services'on.

You seem to be angry that other people may have had information sooner than you found out about it-- that's pretty childish. What diffeence does it make as long as in the end we are all tuned in on the right night?

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
Yah, you're right... Why was that thread closed anyway? I found no use for it at all, it should've been deleted right away.
From what I know, the purpose of closing threads is having them for future refferences.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I closed it because what that thread was about was/is being discussed in this thread anyway.

The reason I did not delete it is because I do not often delete posts/threads unless I(or Antony tells me) think it is necessary.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Yah, you're right... Why was that thread closed anyway? I found no use for it at all, it should've been deleted right away.
From what I know, the purpose of closing threads is having them for future refferences.

May Valen be with you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by terrytvgal:
Jeeezzzz did you get up on the wrong side of the bed, Antony?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, has to be that doesn't it. It couldn't be other-people induced.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>It's information that's been posted here before. I remember it. It was on the boards here. I don't go anywhere else for Rangers info. As for suggesting there is a message board clique...that is a pretty nasty thing to say about the people who frequent the very board you are hoping people will be willing to pay a premium for 'exclusive services'on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see how that is nasty. The messageboard is a clique thing. A very close-knit loyal community, who post here a lot. BUT, not everyone is part of that community. A lot of people just surf on by for news etc. I see the traffic figures, it happens. And people have told me as much too. So just because it's been posted on some thread on the board, it doesn't mean that it can be expected that everyone knows about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>You seem to be angry that other people may have had information sooner than you found out about it-- that's pretty childish. What diffeence does it make as long as in the end we are all tuned in on the right night?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not particularly. As I held my hands up to, perhaps someone told me at some point; I've been tardy of late. If I haven't been told... well maybe someone could have informed me. But my issue is more with a particular person who thinks because he knows, then everyone else must by default know. A number of people didn't, so it's already made the news item worthwhile. Also it seemed there were "possible dates", whereas this news item confirms an actual date. Finally, the news item is correct in what it's saying. That doesn't require posts, emails and a new thread shouting "heard it all before."

------------------
"You're such a gentleman. Too bad I'm not a lady." - Max, Dark Angel

"X5-599. I've got a heart for you." - Zack, Dark Angel

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited October 31, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
But my issue is more with a particular person who thinks because he knows, then everyone else must by default know. A number of people didn't, so it's already made the news item worthwhile. Also it seemed there were "possible dates", whereas this news item confirms an actual date. Finally, the news item is correct in what it's saying. That doesn't require posts, emails and a new thread shouting "heard it all before."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The purpose of the email (which was a very friendly email, by the way), was to tell you why I objected to the headline, ...the way it was worded. Hell, I even sent you a few avatars, because I can't post them anywhere at the moment.

The point of the title of my new thread was NOT to shout "heard it all before," but was instead to alert people that this was nothing to get worked up about.*

There are those of us who not only come here, but also frequent rastb5m, the Yahoo Groups SaveCrusade2x, and Sci-Fi's BBoards for B5 and Rangers. To us, seeing the news headline "10/29/01 US B5LR air date put back--again Telemovie now airing later in January" leads to an "Oh shit. More bad news!" feeling, especially after all the bad stuff that's happened to B5/Crusade in the past, Sci-Fi Channel's current state, Ranger series uncertainty/anxiety, and the two AICN reviews of the Rangers movie.

Upon clicking on the news article, we see that it's stuff we've known for a month (with the "we" referring to the people I have in italics above). It's like say, your Uncle died, and you knew about it. Then you see a news article a month later whose headline reads "Yet another member of XYZ Family dies." How would you feel after reading just the headline?

If the headline had been: "10/29/01 US B5LR air date put back--again Telemovie now confirmed as airing January 19," it would have been no big deal, and I wouldn't have commented. That headline would have gotten the message across, and not caused spikes in blood pressure and flaring of tempers.

* Ironically, that thread and this thread has had the effect of getting both of us pissed off.

I HOPE this clears up any misconceptions.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Ah well, we've waited this long for a new B5 movie or series...

------------------

So we've had 1/1, 1/2, 1/19 and 1/23. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm the moron that accidentally thought 1/23 instead of 1/19. Please stop tormenting me.
shocked.gif

I may even have said "if I remember" before the INCORRECT date of 1/23. Anyhow, since Sci-Fi has yet to announce officially the date, they still have room to change it, if they see fit. I just hope it stays in January!
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited October 31, 2001).]

I was just over reading the old thread, and I did at least remember this correctly: I WAS the one who accidentally got the 1/23 date going. Joe D said so, and he tends to keep his facts straight!

(I hope he's doing ok in the land of telephone computer tech support.
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
)

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back