• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

US B5LR air date put back--again

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">US B5LR air date put back--again</font>
<font size="3">Telemovie now airing later in January</font>

It's the news that no US fan wanted to hear: the telemovie has once again been put back. Its air date has this time moved from January 2 2002 to January 19 2002. This according to Frank Garcia, who received the news from the SCI FI Channel this past weekend.

Thanks to Dennis N. Kristos for this.

This sucks...
crazy.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

We've known about this for a long time, that it's not going to be aired on 1/2. Both 1/19 and 1/23 have been mentioned.

When I first read the headline, I thought it was getting pushed back months or years. Thanks for the heart attack.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I'm actually pretty happy with that. Now my sci-fi club here at school can rent out the huge library media screen and show Rangers on widescreen.

Yay!

------------------
Channe, who lives for the One and dies for the peanut-butter pie
--
"The secret of writing: get your character up a tree, and throw rocks at him." -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
We've known about this for a long time, that it's not going to be aired on 1/2. Both 1/19 and 1/23 have been mentioned.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1/23 was just someone misremembering. The only two dates that have been mentioned to date are 1/2 and 1/19. Which is why I'm confused about why this news item says "again". When was the date pushed back the first time? IIRC, the prospect of it airing in December was just a rumor.

One other thing. I'm really disappointed about it not airing on the 2nd, which is my birthday. I was looking forward to a good birthday present.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you have. That was provided a couple of months ago by me.

Previous to this SCIFI had announced 2 January but that date (which really isn't a good choice) didn't hold for long.

No change from what you know. The rest of the world is just catching up.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ala (edited October 29, 2001).]

Count one US scifi/b5 fan who wanted to hear this. Personally the later date will probably work much better for me and falls during a time where it will have less competition.

I would have recorded it if necessary but I would be hard pressed to skip the bowl games. This is especially true since the Terps have a decent shot at a BCS bowl this year.

------------------
"This so-called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's Prayer forty times, but first, let's pass the collection plate."-Rev. Lovejoy in The Joy of Sect

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm actually pretty happy with that. Now my sci-fi club here at school can rent out the huge library media screen and show Rangers on widescreen.

Yay!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait a sec... you still go to school... That would mean that you're close to my age?
Hmmm... smart and potentially hot.... Good combo
laugh.gif

May Valen be with you.

Jan. 2 would have been a disaster for ratings. Every single sports fan would have ignored B5LR. I'm sorry they had to move it so much later, but at least they seem to be trying to give it a chance.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Wait a sec... you still go to school... That would mean that you're close to my age?
Hmmm... smart and potentially hot.... Good combo <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy, guy. She's in College. Last I heard, you're still Statuatory!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

We've known about this for a long time, that it's not going to be aired on 1/2. Both 1/19 and 1/23 have been mentioned.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we've had 1/1, 1/2, 1/19 and 1/23. So I really don't see how there's any real clarity here-- and this latest news item provides clarity by saying definitevly what date it is.

Secondly, "may have been mentioned" is not an air date. SCI FI announced January 2. The date has been put back from that, so the news item is correct.

The telemovie was always slated to appear in the fall, late 2001. So I would say "again" is relevant.

If it's such "old news", go elsewhere then KoshN to a more "up to date" news source. You and perhaps the messageboard clique might know about other *possible* dates (and even I didn't, I don't believe I've been emailed them), but this is a more confirmed date and it's run on the site's news system for *everyone* to read.

------------------
"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -- Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hair-gel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away." -- Spike, as Angel, in Angel

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

Easy, guy. She's in College. Last I heard, you're still Statuatory!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh well if that means what I think it does then Im not, at least in the UK so I may be a newbie but I have at least one thing over Sol :p

But I agree the brains and potential hotness, plus hell big screen tv access.

------------------
As it is, such is life.

*laughs*

I'd better be smart, what with all the money I've spent on my edumacation...
smile.gif

As for the potential for this thing you call
"hotness," Channe will say nothing!
smile.gif

------------------
Channe, who lives for the One and dies for the peanut-butter pie
--
"The secret of writing: get your character up a tree, and throw rocks at him." -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
So we've had 1/1, 1/2, 1/19 and 1/23.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, the latter was just someone getting confused, and 1/23 has been the most recent statement from SciFi for some time, made at WorldCon and reported here by Alyson.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
If it's such "old news", go elsewhere then KoshN to a more "up to date" news source. You and perhaps the messageboard clique might know about other *possible* dates (and even I didn't, I don't believe I've been emailed them), but this is a more confirmed date and it's run on the site's news system for *everyone* to read.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The details were discussed on this bboard in this thread:
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000340.html

...a month ago.

Ala posted:
'OTOH, the 19th was "publically" stated by SCI-FI at Worldcon ...'

That sounds pretty official to me, and then "put back--again Telemovie now airing later in January" would mean a date after the 19th.

I just wish you'd reflected the 19th date in the headline.

I also wonder about Mr. Garcia's source, and how "official" it is.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited October 30, 2001).]

The details were discussed on this bboard in this thread:
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000340.html

...a month ago.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well whooppee do. After your many posts, new thread and email--does anything actually change? I think not.

Maybe someone emailed me about this before, and I'm sorry if someone has. I've got a backlog of emails, which I do need to follow up on. But I think it's the first I've heard of this.

------------------
"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -- Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hair-gel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away." -- Spike, as Angel, in Angel

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
No, the latter was just someone getting confused, and 1/23 has been the most recent statement from SciFi for some time, made at WorldCon and reported here by Alyson.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

err... typo.... 1/19 was the most recent statement from SciFi, made at WorldCon and reported here by Alyson.

1/23 was the misremembering.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel. http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited October 30, 2001).]

Good. January 2d is on a Wednesday. Not only is the NCAA football championship game to be played on that date, but Enterprise is normally shown on Wednesdays. The 19th will be a better date.

------------------

Well whooppee do. After your many posts, new thread and email--does anything actually change? I think not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously not. After many posts, a new thread, and email, the news headline is still the same, and the only thread title calling attention to it has been closed.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back