• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

uh-oh....this doesn't sound good.

Re: uh-oh....this doesn\'t sound good.

My letter is now written, printed, enveloped, will be stamped in the near future, and thrust into the post by the end of the afternoon.

As with Elenopa, this is the first letter writing campaign I've participated in. Babylon 5 is just so worth it.

recoil the other reason the news is getting out slow as appose to the canselation of Farscape is because when you cancel a that is a public act. We are dealing with rumors and rumors by their nature are much quiter and tend not raise a call as quickly. In all CE, Jan and amy have done a great job of creating this much of an out cry as they have. Also most people tend not to be as up on the news during the weekend so now that its monday we should see some more movement.

This is why it would be huge help if Cinescape or Scifi Wire would do some investigative reporting on this. Have them ask *their* contacts in the Hollywood casting game whether they can corroborate this, then report on what they find. That would convince people more than the reports from Jan and CE. To someone who doesn't frequent these boards, who are Jan and CE? (no offense guys) ;)

I am sending the UK Production Office a Christmas card rather than a letter. You do not need proof to wish someone a Merry Christmas with a message on the back saying I hoping to see the original cast recreate their parts on the big screen. When hung on the walls they can be shown to passing suits and tv news crews.

To someone who doesn't frequent these boards, who are Jan and CE? (no offense guys) ;)

No offense at all. I'm just a long-time fan. I hang out a lot at the Moderated newsgroup and my only claim to fame is my almost-complete B5/Crusade/movie script collection. Also, a fairish number of times the updates you see JMS post are responses to posts of mine. I'm a moderator on the forums at JMSnews.com also.

CE is ColonyEarth, an independent filmmaker who's been helpful in giving a lot of us insight into 'the biz'. I'll let him tell more about himself if he wants.

Hope this helps,
Jan

At times like this I wish Joe DeMartino were here... he has an uncanny ability to get at the meat of rumors like this...

I don't think that he was asking. Or doubting your sources.

I think he was making a rhetorical point about why people who don't frequent the same b-boards / news groups as you two might be slow to act based on your posts. Those people don't "know you from Adam", as it were.

Jan--sorry, I think I wasn't very clear. *I* know who you are (I lurk on the moderated group frequently, but have only posted there a handful of times). My post was trying to say "for all those people who never visit any of these boards, who *don't* know who you are, independent confirmation of this from an established news site would go a long way towards convincing them".

Edit: Pillowrock beat me to it.

Oops. Sorry. The question has come up quite a bit the past few days as I've posted on forums where I'm not known.

Never miiinnddd :eek:

Jan

recoil the other reason the news is getting out slow as appose to the canselation of Farscape is because when you cancel a that is a public act. We are dealing with rumors and rumors by their nature are much quiter and tend not raise a call as quickly.
Actually, that was the exact point I thought I made clearly. That Farscape was public, and that this is rumors, thats why its an obsticle for all of us.

LH: Where has Joe D been lately anyway? Haven't seen him on in ages...

recoil the other reason the news is getting out slow as appose to the canselation of Farscape is because when you cancel a that is a public act. We are dealing with rumors and rumors by their nature are much quiter and tend not raise a call as quickly. In all CE, Jan and amy have done a great job of creating this much of an out cry as they have. Also most people tend not to be as up on the news during the weekend so now that its monday we should see some more movement.

This is why it would be huge help if Cinescape or Scifi Wire would do some investigative reporting on this. Have them ask *their* contacts in the Hollywood casting game whether they can corroborate this, then report on what they find. That would convince people more than the reports from Jan and CE. To someone who doesn't frequent these boards, who are Jan and CE? (no offense guys) ;)

Cinescape hasn't come out as of yet. The magazine was delayed.

At times like this I wish Joe DeMartino were here... he has an uncanny ability to get at the meat of rumors like this...

All to true Joe seems to be able to always say the most informed things on just about any B5 subject.

I'm remaining skeptical on all of this.

I will wait until JMS says something. If there was a major issue like this, he'd find a way to tell us - at least in code. If the rumours turn out to be true, then yes, I will start writing letters too. But, until then, we have heard absolutely nothing from JMS or Warners with regard to TMoS. Until either of those official sources come out and say something one way or another, I'll just retire to the sidelines.

What was he able to tell us during the two problems periods of Crusade?

Jan

Well, here's a scenario that JMS did find a way to let us know (although this scenario could be BS)

JMS had a memo sitting on his desk with proof of this attempted recasting. He called an intern and asked him to bring him in a cup of coffee (leaving the memo in plain site on his desk) and "ran to the bathroom" while the intern was bringing his coffee to him.

Hmmmm.... I just tried to get to jmsnews.com but it appears the server is down. Did we overwhelm the poor thing? :confused:

I've sent an email to DougO. Hopefully he'll see it soon.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back