• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TV Guide article deepens RANGERS timeline mystery

You mean my demo? I've only got stills up right now. I've been meaning to post the video but it needs some work and I don't have time at the moment.

Anyways, yes I do live in Vancouver. Well, actually I live in Richmond, but it's just a suburb of the city.

I think we're getting a little OT here.

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

Us? Off topic? No. Never! Not us, no way!
crazy.gif

I've always assumed that graphics work would have to be the most plodding, boring work on earth. As cool as it looks in the end, isn't it tedious work?

Me? Off topic? No. Never!

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

I guess its the same with any job. If you like it, you don't really suffer from the tedium. Any job has its share of that, ey?
crazy.gif

------------------
"Will the Senator yield for a question? It's in 12 parts, so it may take some time..."

I just took a look at the latest cut of the show and realised I'd missed a couple of things in the script. The timeline makes quite a bit of sense now. Sorry about the earlier posts, it was my mistake. It's actually pretty cool how it all fits together, so I hope our "series" wishes come true because I can't wait to see what JMS does with this! It all makes for some great B5 IMHO.

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

[This message has been edited by Slade (edited July 18, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slade:
I just took a look at the latest cut of the show and realised I'd missed a couple of things in the script. The timeline makes quite a bit of sense now. Sorry about the earlier posts, it was my mistake. It's actually pretty cool how it all fits together, so I hope our "series" wishes come true because I can't wait to see what JMS does with this! It all makes for the great B5 IMHO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's time you let loose with some details, Slade... After all, who wants to live forever? You've had a nice run, haven't you?

smile.gif

And I promise we'll give you a nice memorial service.

If you really dish the details, we'll throw in a kick@ss wake as well...

What, no sale???
shocked.gif
Quelle supreeze...

Don't disappoint a technomage... and if you do, better bring your own mop...

heheheheheheh
cool.gif

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

[This message has been edited by Technomage Roanna (edited July 20, 2001).]

crazy.gif

Oh, yea, threaten and they laugh...

Hanging technomantic head... Burell always said I needed to work on my delivery...

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Originally posted by Slade:

Isn't there always lots of CGI in Babylon 5?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. JMS only uses CGI where it is Necessary to move the story and/or set a scene. Some episodes have almost no CGI unless you count the "stock" shots like the outside of the station which seems mostly to be used to shift between viewpoints. We're inside watching one pair of characters, then we're outside while their conversation fades and a Different conversation starts, then we're inside again with a different pair of characters continuing that Second conversation.

I don't ever recall seeing any "CGI for the sake of CGI" anywhere in the series.

Unlike most other shows which use CGI.

Babylon 5 is about the People, not about proving how large the CGI budget is.
cool.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back