• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

TV Guide article deepens RANGERS timeline mystery

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> If JMS has been having fun with this since MARCH then I'd say our odds of figuring it out in June/July are 0%. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!

I've had three (terrible) semesters of calculus, and I can't argue with that math!
smile.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
I'm glad you liked it, whatever it was, but I have no recollection of it. (And unfortunately JMS News only archives his side of the conversation. Like that was the important part or something.
smile.gif
)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, the JMSNews site is great for searching for something in particular but they leave out half of the conversation which annoys me to no end. I tend to use both the JMSNews site and the B5JMS mailing list archives together to find some things out. Here are some links for you (and anyone else interested) below:

B5JMS Archives
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/b5jms/2001-March/004426.html (Joe's original post with JMS's reply)

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Find what excites you, and do it. Follow your joy; the rest will take care of itself.
--J. Michael Straczynski--

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
I tend to use both the JMSNews site and the B5JMS mailing list archives together to find some things out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You might want to take a look at
Google Groups, which archives the whole discussion.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
You might want to take a look at
Google Groups, which archives the whole discussion.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I have used that too but I don't always want to see the whole discussion ... only what JMS says and who he replies to.
wink.gif
However, I might start using it more often because it is nice to search for JMS' posts and then be able to read the entire thread to see what they are talking about.

Thanks for the reminder Drakh!

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Find what excites you, and do it. Follow your joy; the rest will take care of itself.
--J. Michael Straczynski--

IIRC David was 16 in Minbari years which are shorter than ours.

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

This is a topic that's going to be around for a while. A lot of the timeline stuff doesn't make sense in B5:LR. Personally I like to think of it as being after Crusade, but that idea also conflicts with other things in the show. The truth is everyone's confused about this and I don't see a resolution any time soon.

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>A lot of the timeline stuff doesn't make sense in B5:LR.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such as?

JMS was very clear in the newsgroup that the movie takes place "just under three years" after the events in "Objects at Rest." The TV Guide story was likely JMS rounding off or the reporter misreading his/her own notes or (very possibly) having written down "2 yrs after" Babylon 5 when JMS said "a couple of years after."

Any way you slice it, it seems the film takes place in 2265, which presents no timeline problems whatsoever. The only open question is whether it falls before or after the Telepath War, given that the war ends in 2265.

It certainly doesn't take place after Crusade, which would have ended in 2271, ten years after the end of the Shadow War. The Ranger's mission to help the alien races rebuild after the war would have slightly less urgency that long after the event.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Yes I know it takes place in 2265 Joe, but there are timeline problems with that as well. In fact, the only timeline that wouldn't have problems would be a 2271 or later one.

PS- Sorry, but I can't answer the "such as?" question. I'm not allowed
laugh.gif

------------------
3D Artist - GVFX

Slade-What exactly do you mean by "I'm not allowed"? Do you have some inside information suggesting that the timeframe of Rangers is an even more complicated issue than we thought?

------------------

Check my sig. "3D Artist - GVFX". I've been working on the show for a while. Can't say anymore though, or they'd have to kill me
laugh.gif

------------------
3D Artist - GVFX

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Can't say anymore though, or they'd have to kill me
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have a problem with that... Tell away!

smile.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

and the ever relevant;

do you have anything worth living for?

once he spills the beans, i guess he won't...

------------------
I'm with them. Same organization, different department.

Timeline timeline timeline well I am a timeline I am a 2265 timeline.

Anyway hello Slade and wlcome to B5LR.

If you need any help feel free to ask one of the moderaters or the President. Or if Questions and suggestions forum about teh site.
I am moderater of the rangers Discussion Forum.'

You can find our e-mail address's under contact us.

Be well .

We live for the one We die for the one.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slade:
Isn't there always lots of CGI in Babylon 5?

wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ItB had much more CGI than River of the Soul
smile.gif

------------------
www.zone.ee/b5project

Hi Slade, just checked out your website but since I'm currently using Netscape I didn't look at the demo. I have one question -

Do you live in Vancouver, B.C.?

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back