• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trek / B5 actor cross-overs

David Warner of Grail also played Gul Madred in STNG eps Chain of Command 1 & 2.

Oh yeah, that's right!
D'oh!

"There are... four... lights!"

Great actor, even though I hate Grail.

There are a ton of Seinfeld / B5 crossovers as well. The old monk from Deconstruction played a landlord, Mr. Pitt was (sp) Corellimizan of the Lumati, General Leftcourt was Kramer's "boss", the Regent was a party guest with George, and many more.

-Tim

Ron Canada-Cptn.Pearce has been in TNG, DS9, and Voyager

He was also one of the original TOS klingons... don't remember which though

You must be thinking of someone else because Canada wasn't in TOS. He didn't even start acting until the early 80's.

Ron Canada-Cptn.Pearce has been in TNG, DS9, and Voyager

He was also one of the original TOS klingons... don't remember which though

You must be thinking of someone else because Canada wasn't in TOS. He didn't even start acting until the early 80's.

SHROK! I was thinking he was in that DS9 episode where Koloth, Kor and Kang went with Dax to kill the albino... I assumed that since 2 of the Klingons were TOS actors, that he was too :(

Guess what they say about "assuming" is true :)

GKE, if you like David Warner, you should see the 60's film, Morgan: a Suitable Case For Treatment. It's considered a cult film, definitely the best thing he ever did. It so impressed Morgan Fairchild that she took her name from it. But don't hold that against it.

Gee, how did we forget Judson Scott, Knight One in And The Sky Full of Stars? He was one of Kahn's men, had a role in STNG ep Symbiosis, and Voyager ep Message in a Bottle. He has lots of scifi credits, including X Files, V, and as Bennu in The Phoenix. Took me forever to remember his name...

In B5 John Snyder played (Orin Zento) the guy sent in by Earthdome to break the strike in "By Any Means Necessary" and was the second soul hunter sent in to get Morgan Sheppard in the episode "Soul Hunter" (IIRC he is the one you see during season 1 opening credits when Sinclair says "...and wanderers..")

In STTNG John Snyder played Aaron Conner the guy Troi had the hots for in the episode "The Masterpiece Society" He also was in another episode (third season) "The Enemy" as Centurion Bochra.

Gee, how did we forget Judson Scott, Knight One in "...And The Sky Full of Stars"? He was one of Kahn's men

Not just one of Kahn's men - Kahn's right-hand man, apparent second-in-command and possible son, Joachim. :) (I think there was some dialogue establishing the relationship, and thereby empahsizing the parallels between Kirk and Kahn, that was cut from the finished film, like the references to Peter Preston as Scotty's nephew. Unlike those I don't think there were restored in any subsequent versions of the film.)

Regards,

Joe

I've always had a problem with the age of Khan's followers in Wrath of Khan, which occurs only 15 years after the episode "Space Seed". Most of the extras appear to be in their early 20s - and the Botany Bay contained no children (McCoy discussed the makeup of the crew). So they're too young to have been on the Botany Bay, and too old to be children of the original passengers.

Judson Scott and the late Merritt Buttrick (David Marcus) were reunited on a TNG episode where the one planet of dealers supplied drugs to an entire other planet of addicts who believed they were infected with a plague.

John Vickery also played a catatonic Betazoid in the TNG episode "Night Terrors".

David Warner also played Chancellor Gorkon in Star Trek VI.

To GKE, the episode where Tony Todd plays Jake Sisko as an old man was the 2nd ep of Season 4, right after Way of the Warrior. Quite well done. A solid tearjerker in the tradition of "The Inner Light".

Oh, and let's not forget the obvious Majel Barrett appearance.

I've always had a problem with the age of Khan's followers in Wrath of Khan, which occurs only 15 years after the episode "Space Seed". Most of the extras appear to be in their early 20s - and the Botany Bay contained no children

As far as I can tell from on-screen evidence, neither ST:TOS nor the movies were ever dated precisely enough to figure out how many years separate "Space Seed" from Wrath. But assuming you're right, try this: Part of the genetic engineering done on Kahn's people causes them to mature faster, physically and intellectually, thus enabling them to become fully productive members of society and to reproduce that much sooner. This would certainly be an advantage over time in supplanting "mundanes" as the majority population on Earth.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :)

Regards,

Joe

Hehe, I was going to say not to mention fast-growing Supermen.

However, all my references are "on screen" Joe. I've had to decades to ponder 'em.

In "Space Seed", McCoy says that all the crewmates are in their late 20s to early 30s. In his speech to Chekov and Terrell, Khan states how his crew were marooned on Ceti Alpha 5 fifteen years earlier. He also says "these people have sworn to live and die at my command 200 years before you were born", indicating that they are the original crew. So we just have to chalk it up to Nicholas Meyer casting a ship full of hippies - with a 60ish Montalban (sp?) in the middle. I know they threw the "Joachin as son" rumor around in 1982, but there just doesn't seem to be any credible evidence for it.

Funny thing about Khan saying that he 'never forgets a face' to Chekov in ST:II, seeing as how Chekov wasn't in Space Seed and didn't make his first appearance until the next season. :) Guess he must have been lurking in the corridors or something. :D

It was either Walter Koenig or Ricardo Montalban who once told a story about the not-yet-promoted-to-bridge-duty Chekov, who was sick with a case of space diarrhea, keeping Khan waiting outside the men's room for an unusually long period of time. Having to go into that room after Chekov was done fueled Khan's lust for revenge and prompted an embarrassing hallway confrontation where he swore he'd never forget the young ensign's face.

Maagic: SHROK! I was thinking he was in that DS9 episode where Koloth, Kor and Kang went with Dax to kill the albino... I assumed that since 2 of the Klingons were TOS actors, that he was too

All three of the Klingons in the DS9 episode "Blood Oath" were played by the original three actors from TOS. Kang (Michael Ansara), Kor (John Colicos), and Koloth (William Campbell). (Note: William Campbell also played Trelane in "The Squire of Gothos.")

It was either Walter Koenig or Ricardo Montalban who once told a story about the not-yet-promoted-to-bridge-duty Chekov, who was sick with a case of space diarrhea, keeping Khan waiting outside the men's room for an unusually long period of time. Having to go into that room after Chekov was done fueled Khan's lust for revenge and prompted an embarrassing hallway confrontation where he swore he'd never forget the young ensign's face.
Sounds like a good enough explaination for me! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back