• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Titans" -Warriors of Virtue

Re: \"Titans\" -Warriors of Virtue

Int. Medbay Quaranatine Lab -Night

Dr.Chenei is still in the Quarantine lab monitoring her research...She has container after container of test tubes...various different coloured liquid samples are in the little glass tubes...

She proceeds to pick up the green coloured vile and pour a little sample onto a viewing lens...and sets that under her microscope...She adjusts the nobs...and gets a clear picture...

The liquid under magnification shows fast moving particles that suggests a life form of molecular activity...

She grabs a small pin and pricks her finger...blood forms at the small puncture wound...

She proceeds to let her finger tip bleed allowing the blood to form quite a substantial sample...

She then grabs a very small suction tube and draws the blood into this...and then drops an eyedrop of blood onto the same glass lens that has the green moving liquid...

The green moving liquid reacts...and reacts quite violently...well, on a microscopic point of view...Alot of movement!

Dr.Chenei observes the activity...The combination of this mysterious green liquid and her blood causes an extraordinary metamorphic reaction, change...changing ever so fast...fast...bigger...changing into different colours! Splitting into more...multiplying... Something is happening!

The sample starts to increase in size!

Dr.Chenei panics and grabs the glass lens sample and smashes it on the lab floor!
The sample...green liquid and blood, which is now a puddle on the ground fizzes out...

She stares at the mess on the lab floor...

Her gaze shows disbelief and fear...she can't move...

Dr.Chenei: It can't be...?(quietly) no...it just...can't...be...

We fade to black...
shocked.gif

------------------

Ext. Mysterious Ishnu City -Night

We see the outer parameter of this great city of stone...dim lights throughout the stone struction that suggests rooms...many rooms...all over...

Int. Mysterious Ishnu City -Night

We start off the door to where Henderson is being kept captive...We move through the small slit in the metal door and move down the hall...Boot steps can be heard off in the distance...Everything echoes...the size can't be comprehended...and the echoing disorienting...

There are torches placed evenly (height approx. 8 feet from the ground) along the smooth corridor walls in uniformity...

We find a door ajar...and we enter it...bringing us into a small warehouse room...there are wooden boxes all around...broken...opened with nothing in it...and then we see it...there it sits...undisturbed...and under no security...

The casket from the burial ceremony...

shocked.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

------------------

(And... if our heroes didn't have enough problems as it was...)

--

INT. TITAN - BRIDGE

Dr. Chenei comes through the doors of the bridge like a small torrential storm, right behind Mar and Downey.

CHENEI
Downey - get me the Captain.

Downey pushes himself to one side, and works the console.

DOWNEY
You're on.

EXT. ISHNU - ENCAMPMENT

Zulu team is dug in as well as possible against the outcropping. The sun has set, and the shrieks and screams of Bloodsong have begun again. The team wears night-vision lenses. Kaheel, taut as a rope and ready, stands guard, his rifle very close.

CHENEI (on com; static)
Chenei to Daly. Captain, I just found Vai nanotechnology embedded in the ore sent up by Bravo team for sampling.

DALY
Vai? Are you absolutely sure?

CHENEI (on com; static)
Postive.

The effect this has on the team is palpable. Obviously this was something no one wanted. Daly is calmer than he wants to be; only his eyes betray the tiniest hint of fear. He can't afford to be afraid, as Captain.

DALY (beat)
Thank you, Dr. Chenei. Mar, disinfect -

REG (at the same time as Daly)
There's Vai on this planet?!?! Vai?!?

His sentence is interrupted by the sky falling in the form of one of the arboreal treedwellers, dropping right in front of Kaheel.

INT. HENDERSON'S ROOM

Henderson has been cut down and is laying, face-down on the floor. To the casual observer, she'd just look a bit more beat-up; but we're not casual. The camera pans down her body. There are a few cuts, almost surgical, under her left ear, on her shoulder, and at her waist, cut right through the garment she wears, that weren't there before. Attempting to push herself up, she finds it too painful and collapses with a muffled scream.

She finds her gear in the corner. Managing to get herself over to the pile, she goes through it, article by article. Desperate, she can't find something, can't find it -

- then she looks up. She has to get out of here. Wherever here is...

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

[This message has been edited by channe (edited October 20, 2001).]

Ext. Ishnu Forest -Day

Off Reg's ghastly face...

The crew gather around Reg's finding. The creature's body, cut in two lay on the forest floor. (think when you pour salt on a slug) Already in decomposing form..the putrid stench has filled the nasal cavities of everyone now, and neauseous has set in some of the members...

This is the 6 legged creature that was split in two by the first mysterious probe droid...

Actually, the six legs can be broken down to a set of two powerful hind legs...and four large arm like limbs...that can also be used to run or walk...but clearly looking at the limbs (like sloth arms...large claws...but moves a hell of alot faster than a sloth)...this creature is meant for climbing the incredibly tall trees of Ishnu...which is how this creature travels through the thick, dense forest...

Kaheel bends down to take a closer look at the beast...This thing, if it could stand up straight, looks to be about 8 feet tall...Black hair covers its' body...

The team members have all donned their ventilation masks at this point...except for Kaheel...the stench doesn't seem to bother him...

------------------

Mmm, tasty! I want some of that for dinner!
Whoa, I have to catch up...

--

EXT. ISHNU FOREST - DAY

The crew has converged on location.

Reg is recovering from vomiting in the bushes, as he fixes his ventilation masks. Kaheel, with a distinct, disgusted look, leans down to poke it. The body - melts a little. Liquefies.

DALY
Meet the natives, people. What the hell is it?

REG
Oh, this is worse than Velkor.

Daly motions to Kaheel, and shoots a "shut-up-stuff-it-and-deal" look at Reg, who withers underneath his CO's gaze.

KELLER
Nothing can be worse than Velkor. Is this one of the nocturnal animals Henderson told us about?

Kaheel, imperturbable as usual, kneels, reaches into his pack, and takes out a few dishes of some kind.

KAHEEL
This is an arboreal creature. Look at the legs - it's meant to live in the trees. The mechanism would allow this creature to wrap around a limb - let me get something to take back to the doctor -

Keller moves back next to Daly, who has his eyes narrowed at the thing.

KELLER
This thing looks nasty. Could it have killed Henderson?

Daly shakes his head. Reg, in the background, looks up at the mention of a dead Henderson, and the look on is face is as if someone had just shoved a sword through his stomach... like someone had killed his best friend...

DALY
Possible. There could be any number of reasons for Bravo Team's dissappearance. Daly to Titan.

He looks up, instinctively, almost. When there's no answer from the sky, he repeats himself.

DALY
Daly to Titan, come in, please.

KELLER
Captain?

DALY
Nothing. Most likely interference. Reg? Get on it.

All he has to do is shoot a look at Reg and the kid scrambles.

REG
Yessir.

He seems to have overcome his revulsion with the aid of the respirator, and leans over, making adjustments to a cylindrical instrument.

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

[This message has been edited by channe (edited October 20, 2001).]

This is starting to feel more and more like a horror story...
shocked.gif

I'm getting scared!!
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

Stay tuned, Kribu...
laugh.gif

------------------
--

Stay tuned...

Definitely stay tuned...

BTW-I appologize for the grammatical errors...and misspelled words...I am composing the story with little experience as a writer...

Just having fun...

Thanks everyone! Cheers! -Warren-
laugh.gif

Once again...feel free to jump into this story thread at anytime...creative input is welcome...

Channe! This stuff is good...

------------------

EXT. ISHNU - ROCK OUTCROPPING

We pick up right where we left off. Kaheel, taken by surprise, is tackled by the black tree-thing right as he manages to get a shot off that explodes into a nearby tree. They wrestle - Daly tries to get a clear shot - fails, once, twice - Keller throws herself in to try to get the thing off of Kaheel -

INT. HENDERSON'S ROOM

She pushes the table into the the center of the room and clambers up upon it. The thought crosses her mind that they might be waiting for her outside, to show her face and shatter her skull with whatever it was they used before - but still, she reaches up.

She still can't reach the room. Going through her knapsack, she comes upon a box. She opens it - inside are a few of the ore samples she had been planning to bring back to the Titan. With a practiced shot, she uses two of them to knock the grate loose.

HENDERSON
This is too easy.

At least - at least back with Daly and the others, she reasons, she'll be in a better position to help the seven others on Bravo team, wherever that is. She jumps up, pulls herself onto the roof.

EXT. NIGHT - ISHNU

Henderson finds herself on the roof of a one-story domelike structure. The roof itself seems to be moving - could it be organic?

She steps out onto it, and immediately loses her footing, toppling. When next she can think, she's at the bottom of the building, bruised more than she is, hurting, bleeding, and in a general wreck. Yet, she hauls herself up and heads into the forest - and the violence of Bloodsong.

She takes a few steps and looks back.

There's nothing there where the building was. Just a few trees... and more trees... and more trees...

The sight is enough to spur her forward. At this point, she doesn't care whether it was too easy to get away - whether they wanted her to get away - whether they didn't care.

She just wants out of there.

After a time, she stops against tree in a clearing, and looks up to check the stars and the location of the moon.

HENDERSON (more to herself)
All right - that's north, then, east - according to where I last was, I'll need to go this way to get to the shuttle...

------------------
--

This is too cool. To actually see a cast member write fanfic along with a board poster... Wow, I gotta watch this movie. Seriously though, this is the first time I've actually gotten to speak to some cast members of any show. I hope you all stay here when the movie starts, I'm definitely gonna have a lot of questions then (not THAT many, don't wanna scare you
laugh.gif
)

------------------
-There is that short moment, before going to sleep, where you just think about your life, and you're finally proud of yourself, all the doubts are gone, and you feel like there is nothing in the world that you can't do - Me
Please go to my board..... The Nine

Ext. Ishnu Forest -Night

Continue with Kaheel wrestling with the Aboreal Treedweller...

The Creature picks up Kaheel and slams him to the ground. The rest of the group have taken cover behind trees...trying to take aim with their pulse rifles...but can't get a good shot in...without shooting Kaheel in the process!

Keller is off to the side at this point, having thrown herself on Kaheel and Aboreal, she was tossed off like a leaf of lettuce in a salad!

The forest is alive with acitivity. Other Aboreal Treedwellers can be heard leaping from the large branches above! Their excitement is high...

The creature rises to full stance and towers over Kaheel (Kaheel-Think Jude Law in "AI")...

This thing is huge. Black, thick fur covers its' body. Powerful arms and shoulders...its' hind legs the size twice that of a black stallion horse! Claws start to protrude out from its' menacing hands...they are protractable, like a cats claw...They are are long and razor sharp...

The creature displays its' sharp teeth as it starts to snarl...What an ugly beast...it is hard to really distinguish its' features as the light from the blue moon is barely coming through the trees...

Kaheel looks on, amazingly, composed. There isn't really anything that he can do...he is definitely outgunned at this point...

Captain Daly takes aim...but hasn't locked on the Aboreal target just yet...We are close on his trigger finger...

The creature takes a swoop at Kaheel...Slash...Kaheel falls back, slashed at the forearm from protecting himself...still not fearing what has happened...

Kaheels wound begins to bleed...blood? Greenish fluid starts to ooze from his wound...and the creature goes bezerk!

A howl and gasp from the creature freezes the rest of the group...and the rest of the Aboreal in the trees above!

The creature freezes...fear is sensed! Great fear...The Aboreal sees the greenish fluid...and starts to back away...a deterrent, or repelent of some sort...The creature vanishes in a flash!

The silent forest has come upon the group. We close in on Kaheel lying on the forest floor...forearm bleeding the green fluid...

There is a look of wonderment...puzzlement from the group of Titan Warriors...

The SUO2-Team Zulu gather around Kaheel...

The Captain approaches and bends down to attend the wounded Kaheel...

crazy.gif
crazy.gif

------------------

EXT - ISHNU FOREST

Everyone seems slightly shell-shocked. Daly rips out the medpack and begins to bandage Kaheel's wound. Reg laughs, carefully and with more than a bit of trepidation.

REG
Maybe - maybe we should let you bleed, Kaheel.

The statement earns him a "shut-the-hell-up" look from Keller, who wipes a bit of blood away from her face. Kaheel, though, takes this good-naturedly; he's not that badly beat-up, and definitely held his own in the fight.

DALY (still attending Kaheel)
Keller, Reg. Scan the perimeter.

They pick up their rifles and move out. Kaheel shakes his head, and puts his hand over Daly's to stop him from tending to the wound.

KAHEEL
No, Captain. If it's my blood they're frightened of - I have an idea that may keep them away.

Daly blinks, and shakes his head, already understanding what his officer has in mind.

DALY
You can't be serious.

EXT. ISHNU - OUTCROP

As before, only Daly has used some of the sample vials; they now contain a small amount of Kaheel's blood. The alien hybrid is patching himself up.

Reg and Keller enter the clearing.

KELLER
All clear, Captain. If those things were around us before, they're gone now.

Daly hands a sample dish to his three officers, and then ties his own to his equipment belt.

DALY
You may thank Officer Kaheel later for his generous donation. Wear it proudly. Get your stuff together and move out on my command.

EXT. ISHNU - FOREST - LATER

The four members of Zulu team move through the primeval forest, vials of blood attached to their belts. The violence of Bloodsong carries on around them - but their faces are set behind the night-vision glasses they wear.

Keller steps forward, eyes half-on the readings on her arm unit. Something catches her gaze, and she leans down to a nearby tree... there's a blackish substance decorating the tree at waist-height. She leans down, and takes a bit of it on her glove, examining it.

Daly comes up behind her.

DALY
What've you got.

KELLER
Kaheel's not the only one bleeding around here.

------------------
--

Int. Ishnu City -Corridor -Early Morning (approx. 3:30 am)

Bootsteps echoe off the stone corridor walls. A shadow appears...we follow the shadow down the hall towards the holding cell...

Int. Holding Cell (Henderson's)

We close in on the slit in the metal door. Two eyes appear...they are human!

The eyes squint...looks around the room and then we hear the door's locking mechanism release...

Close on the human form as it enters...down to its' boots...a far different boot to the strange tracks found at the burial site...but, this is difinitely a human boot form opposed to the split toe formation found at the burial site and the creature trekking in towards the City of Ishnu had...similiar material though...some sort of tough black leather...suggesting a material of an animal/creature, made smooth and flexible by tanning and removing the hairs...

The shadowy figure hobbles into the empty room...We pan around...

The individual, slightly hunched, catches the moonlight, and realizes Henderson's escape...

Voice: (Male, raspy...old)...God help her...(and then softly)...god...help...me...

We move in close on the opening in the ceiling above...The blue moon light shining through...

We move through, and up towards the stars...

shocked.gif
crazy.gif

------------------

EXT. SPACE

Camera continues until it meets the Titan, solid and almost dark against the expanse of space.

INT. TITAN BRIDGE

Mar is currently on the opposite side of the bridge, working with a worried-looking Dr. Chenei. Downey's at the coms, running both his and Mar's stations.

CHENEI
There - the hold. See?

The camera pans across to reveal Downey, who toggles a button.

DOWNEY
Attention, attention. This is the duty officer. Please clear decks 4 and the cargo hold for immediate decontamination. I repeat, please clear decks and make room for the decon teams.

INT. TITAN - HALLWAY

Three men in suits similar to Chenei's move through the hallway intently. They mean business. Whatever the Titan has to do, it's serious.

EXT. ISHNU - FOREST - LOST

Henderson moves on. Her condition is growing worse; a human body can only take so much. She brings a hand up to her chest - wincing at a broken rib - not to mention she's growing weaker from the loss of blood. But she's one of the best, and she pushes on through the forest.

Above her - the scream of a Treedweller. She looks up for a bare moment.

HENDERSON
Aw, hell. Not again.

She steps forward - and stumbles. Her ankle is snagged by a vine, and she falls forward. The last thing she - and we - see is the ground rushing towards her, and blackness as her head hits something hard and knocks her cold.

INT. TITAN - CARGO HOLD

Chenei, dressed in a quarantine suit, has joined the team in the hold, which has discovered something in a box containing the same kind of ore as Henderson used to kick the grate away.

CHENEI
Is this it?

CREWMAN
Yes, Doctor.

CHENEI
Why wasn't it put through the proper procedures?

CREWMAN
It was, ma'am. 36-hour quarantine and the required tests before it was stored here.

Chenei mutters something under her breath.

------------------
--

having fun you two?

Once upon a time I played a game called Everquest and in that game I was in a guild called "Warriors of Virtue".
smile.gif

back to your story..

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Heh, I wonder if Rangers goes to a series whether the cast would write a few episodes since JMS seems to want to lay back on the writing this time.

------------------
BETH: "Well all I did was go for a really long walk."
JIMMY: "Where'd you go?"
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
JIMMY: "And then what happened?"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
JOE: "That's just what Bill would've done."
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

Digressing from the story for a moment, here -

I'm writing a thesis, Deviot - of course this is fun.
smile.gif

I've never played Everquest, nor any other real-time roleplaying game. Real life, at the moment, is eventful enough for me.
wink.gif

Ben Browder, who plays Crichton on Farscape, wrote for his show - and his episode, Green-Eyed Monster, was spot-on fantastic. Writers, though, aren't usually chosen that way. If you're interested in the way you get a job writing for television, go to the library and pick up JMS' book on scriptwriting - it's one of the most forthright around - for more info on how he might choose who writes for him outside of the tried-and-true arsenal (Peter David, Fiona Avery, etc.)

In the future, this copywriter is going to tell her stories and get paid for it, too...

Now, where was I? Oh, yes. The old guy. Who the hell is he?

--

INT. ISHNU - ALIEN CITY

The elderly man pushes himself down the hallway. Hunched and arthritic, this man's body has seen better days. His hands are withered, and although most of his body is covered in that same sort of material as his boots - in an alien cut, a black robe covering a suit reminiscent of nothing on Earth - his humanness is confirmed with the throaty, rough cough of the very old.

He reaches another door. Placing his hand on an adjacent panel, the door opens with a muffled sound, revealing a fairly darkened room. The old man enters, undaunted, with his chin held up in search of light.

OLD MAN
I have what you wanted.

A Voice exudes from the darkness. It's localized, coming from a corner. There's enough light from the shadows to make out a form that isn't vaguely humanoid. The Voice isn't even English. Or anything else that could be pronounced with human vocal chords. It sounds angry. There are definitely bad, bad vibes from this... whatever it is... it almost makes us want to squint.

The Old Man reaches out, and places the green vial and chain we saw in Henderson's vision on a nearby table. And then he opens his mouth and speaks back to the Thing in the corner... in the Thing's language, in noises that he shouldn't be able to make...

------------------
--

[This message has been edited by channe (edited October 21, 2001).]

*bows* Thanks, Warren.
smile.gif
No apologies necessary. Your plot-twists are fantastic. And this *is* fun.

Yes, yes - if anyone else wants in on the story, feel free to post. REMEMBER to feed off of what we know of the characters (i.e. that bit with Reg, and how Keller acts in a situation, etc), and what has come before plotwise.

*chuckles* I certainly will continue. I want to find out what happens to Henderson and why Chenei's so freaked over these... these Vai...

I aim to entertain!
smile.gif

------------------
--

[This message has been edited by channe (edited October 21, 2001).]

Int. Ishnu City -Henderson's Cell -Night

Henderson has dragged her aching body to the pile of clothing laying on the side of the room...

The Ishnu night still breathes warmth even though its' two suns have long set...

She manages, with extreme pain, to put on her Titan Jumpsuit...covering the new wounds that scar her slender figure...

She sits down and brings her legs up to her chest...and takes a breather...that was a great effort for her...to put on her clothing...

She looks around the empty room...up at where she was hanging...there is no evidence of rope or any type of binding which held her feet...She rubs her wrists where they were tied...there are a few red marks from the binding material...but nothing serious...

She continues to sit, thinking, wondering...

Why has her captives taken samples from her body? Tissue samples...And then cut her down and let her just lie there on the cell floor...unattended...unguarded...do they want her to excape!? Why was her clothes not taken...and her napsack of supplies pretty much untouched? Her missing weapon is understandable...

A delicate, silver chain that has a tiny glass vile of green liquid, that normally hangs on Henderson's neck...is gone...this is the article that she was searching for...

She gets up and does a ground sweep...as if for some reason, it may have dropped to the ground...but she finds nothing...

This is what *THEY* wanted...the small glass vile of green liquid!

Her father, had given her this necklace when she was 5 years old and he mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards...

She has never taken it that necklace off since...it has never gone missing...until now...

She never really knew what exactly this green liquid was...but it was very beautiful to look at...especially when light passed through it...its' reflective surface sparkled with life...

But her father, whom she deeply loved, was why this necklace was treasured so much...

She misses him dearly...

Henderson buries her face in her knees...and takes a deep breathe...

She proceeds to bring back some memories of her father, a very highly and respected research scientist/ geneticist...a brilliant man...a man of impeccable accomplishments...a man that the government at the time wanted to bring down...and maybe they did...

Some thought that he was mad...others knew that he was on the brink of being a genius...

Henderson will never forget the day that her father went missing...

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------

INT. RESIDENCE - DREAM SEQUENCE

A bit frayed around the edges, the scene focuses on a small girl - KATE HENDERSON at five - looking through the bannister. Below, two adult voices fight.

WOMAN
David - David, we have to go. We can't stay here.

MAN
I'm not going to let them threaten me like this! They can't do anything. There'd be an outcry.

WOMAN
Don't be too sure. They're too powerful.

MAN
Cecilia -

WOMAN
No, David. Nothing is more important than your life. Or the lives of me and Katie. What is it you'd sacrifice yourself for? They don't care that you're a bigwig at ComGen- what about what happened to Andrew?

MAN
That was an accident.

WOMAN
Accident? Accident? That was no accident! He walked too close to the line and they killed him! They could do the same to you, easily!

MAN
Cecilia. This is too important. The people have a right to know...

FLASH OF LIGHT AND -

INT. HENDERSON RESIDENCE - KATIE'S ROOM

Cecilia - the WOMAN from before - is heard screaming. There is a noise of crashes, sort of like combat boots on a hardwood floor.

CECILIA
David - DAVID!!!

Katie wakes up, rubs sleep out of her eyes. Her room is filled with dolls, teddy-bears, pink and pretty, frilly and fluffy. Not very much like the special ops officer we know.

With a CRASH, David Henderson opens the door to the room, and enters, wild-eyed. He kneels by Katie's bed.

KATIE
Daddy? What's going on?

DAVID (quickly; taking out a chain with a small glass vial at the end)
Take this, Katie. Keep it safe for me. Don't EVER let anyone take it from you, no matter what. You got that, Katie? Do you understand? Don't let anybody see it. Not even Mommy. Ever.

Katie nods; and with that, David presses it into her hand. He then leaves.

There are a number of CRASHES downstairs.

And a GUNSHOT.

And Cecilia SCREAMING... screaming...

INT. ISHNU - HENDERSON'S ROOM

Katherine Henderson - Kate to those who know her - reaches up and desolately clutches at the void space on her neck.

And then sets her jaw. They want her to escape? Fine. She's fine with that, perfectly ok. She gets her gear together, scooping up the broken comunit as well - and heads for the door, limping. Not in good condition at all...

------------------
--

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back