• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Think Sci-Fi Channel Will Ever Show Crusade Again?

KoshN

Super Moderator
Speculation anybody? Do you think they want us to forget all about Crusade? Are they afraid of attacks by Muslim fanatics because of the series name?

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Always thought there was a good reason why they've robbed us of it!

Seriously though, they probably get sick of showing it. Every time they do they probably get tonnes of letters from people saying the want Crusade back.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by booji: </font color>
Seriously though, they probably get sick of showing it. Every time they do they probably get tonnes of letters from people saying the want Crusade back.

[/quote]

[Jon Stewart] Yeah, those damn pesky people (the customers) who watch their channel. How dare they want to see "sci-fi" on "The Sci-Fi Channel." Whatever could they be thinking? [/Jon Stewart] /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

Sometimes, I just "channel" Jon Stewart. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif If I was an actor I would BE the role.

How dare they want to see "sci-fi" on "The Sci-Fi Channel." Whatever could they be thinking?

[/quote]

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

You said it!

KoshN wrote: "Yeah, those damn pesky people (the customers) who watch their channel. How dare they want to see "sci-fi" on "The Sci-Fi Channel." Whatever could they be thinking?"

Yep! But that's life. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Hi,
I doubt they will show it again. Bonnie Hammer has changed most of the schedule around. Signing petitions will not help either. Crusade was a great show when aired.

Paul

What would help, a lobotomy for the Hammer? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

What about a hostile takeover of Sci-Fi
If everyone here chips in, I'm sure we could do it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

What about a hostile takeover of Sci-Fi

[/quote]

Well, we certainly have enough hostility. It is in the money department that I fear we'd come up short. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Maybe Lyta could visit the people at Sci-Fi and plant some thoughts. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Lyta, wear sunglasses so they don't freak out when your eyes go black, OK? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Joe D. wrote: "Well, we certainly have enough hostility. It is in the money department that I fear we'd come up short."

Amen! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hi,
I know this isn't the LOR forum but an interesting fact about that show and it's non existance as a series. The show wasn't made into a series because Bonnie Hammer thought that it was too "hardware oriented Sci-Fi."

Paul

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by kingfish: </font color>
I know this isn't the LOR forum but an interesting fact about that show and it's non existance as a series. The show wasn't made into a series because Bonnie Hammer thought that it was too "hardware oriented Sci-Fi."

[/quote]

Hmm. She said that? Well, who knows what she meant by that, or whether she actually knew what she meant by that, or even if she brought her brain with her to work that day? /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

She probably meant it was too expensive.

Bonnie Hammer thought that it was too "hardware oriented Sci-Fi."

[/quote]

That's the second time I've seen you make that assertion without offering a link to a quotation or identifying a magazine in which she actually said that. Would you care to share your source for this "information"?

Regards,

Joe

Well since there are only so many eps of Crusade. It would be a good SCIFI event for one day. Like they have been doing with other shows.

I understand the money thing and think the rating part is crap!
OTOH I still wonder if TNT was born stupid or been practicing all their lives? Canx in the middle of the season. Just no respect for the fans.

13 episodes back-to-back is too much, all at once. If you miss it, it's gone. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

It'd be better if they ran one episode per week (leading off with the A Call to Arms movie, and then continuing in the JMS order), on the same night of the week, in Prime Time (same time each week), and aired a couple of repeats of the episode later on the same day and on a couple of the following days (like USA does with The Dead Zone, and Monk).

That's what you do if you're trying to grow a fan base.

This isn't Crusade, but where are all the other short-run SF series I used to love to watch on SFC? Galactica? Buck Rogers?

Hell, even long run series. I would love to see Doctor Who again, if they ran that 5 days a week I bet it would take a couple years to get through them all. The last time I saw DW on US television was on PBS in the late 80's.

I am happy they are showing classic cult shows such as Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Dark Shadows, but when I see dreck like that John Edwards guy and movies such as "Python 3" on there, I find myself wondering what else they could be showing....

They really need an SFC 2.

Are you Bonnie? That's where the info comes from, it's Bonnie herself!!! Off with her head! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back