• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Think Sci-Fi Channel Will Ever Show Crusade Again?

Re: Think Sci-Fi Channel Will Ever Show Crusade Ag

Thanks. Forgot about PG, but at least I was right about the others. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

As far as I know, we don't have a ratings system at all. Some films are just "not recommended for those under 14/18". Anything goes. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The funny thing is in the USA a man can get drafted at 18 years old, and give his life in a war. But he can't drink alcohol until he's 21.

[/quote]
My comment today was a bit different (if a few years out of date from when I first said it): "So at 18, we have the priveledge of choosing between Bush or Gore as the leader of our country ... but we can't go out and get pissing drunk in response to those being our choices!" /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Don't think they have NC-17 in the UK... from what I know, the ratings are something like U (for Universal, I guess?), 12, 15 and 18. But I might be way off with those.

[/quote]

Pretty accurate actually /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You just missed one, which is PG for Parental Guidance. It means there might be some violence or mild swearing, but some parents might think it's OK. Lord of the Rings got released as PG, but with a warning that it might not be suitable for under 8's, because of the Orcs and the battles.

For 18, pretty much anything goes, as long as it's not erect /forums/images/icons/wink.gif That's legally defined as obscene /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

posted this before I turned to page 2 /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

The funny thing is that I still don't get how it was PG that I left out... after watching all my Crusade tapes, which were PG with one exception (I think one tape of two eps got a 12 certificate?) - and there was this lady explaining the meaning of PG in the start of each tape. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Revised, and he still lists IDOL HANDS. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Don't think they have NC-17 in the UK... from what I know, the ratings are something like U (for Universal, I guess?), 12, 15 and 18.

[/quote]

Actually, they do have a classification above "18":

Restricted 18: To be supplied only in licensed sex shops to adults of not less than 18 years.

The 'R18' category is a special and legally restricted classification primarily for explicit videos of consenting sex between adults. Such videos may be supplied to adults only in licensed sex shops, of which there are currently about 90 in the UK. 'R18' videos may not be supplied by mail order.

[/quote]

Regards,

Joe

The funny thing is that I still don't get how it was PG that I left out... after watching all my Crusade tapes, which were PG with one exception (I think one tape of two eps got a 12 certificate?) - and there was this lady explaining the meaning of PG in the start of each tape.

[/quote]

Volume 01.02 The Well of Forever, Ruling from the Tomb was a 12. At least 1 episode in each year was rated a 12.

This is not a problem because you have to be at least 12 to undestand Babylon 5.

Andrew Swallow

The funny thing is that I still don't get how it was PG that I left out... after watching all my Crusade tapes, which were PG with one exception (I think one tape of two eps got a 12 certificate?) - and there was this lady explaining the meaning of PG in the start of each tape.

[/quote]

Do not worry, I do not understand the PG classification either.

Sometimes only adult due to age, not by spirit /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

CRUSADE - Finally Back on Sci-Fi !

Back on topic:

From the Schedulebot today:

01-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
02-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
03-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
07-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
08-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
09-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
10-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
11-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
15-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
16-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
17-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
18-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
21-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE

The order is probably as follows:

"Racing the Night"
"The Needs of Earth"
"The Memory of War"
"The Long Road"
"Visitors from Down the Street"
"The Well of Forever"
"Each Night I Dream of Home"
"Patterns of the Soul"
"The Path of Sorrows"
"Ruling from the Tomb"
"The Rules of the Game"
"War Zone"
"Appearances and Other Deceits"

Re: CRUSADE - Finally Back on Sci-Fi !

Of course, this is a kinda "good news/bad news" deal, since Crusade will be replacing Babylon 5 in the 5:00 timeslot while it's running. And that listing may not be eniretly accurate, because the schedule also shows the current run of B5 ending with "Objects at Rest" on September 27th, and no broadcast date for "Sleeping in Light". If they have to squeeze "SiL" in, Crusade may get bumped by a day. OTOH, maybe they're experimenting with running the two shows in chronological order, B5 up to "OaR", then Crusade, the "SiL", and finally starting over again with the two part version of The Gathering. Impossible to say since they don't give the B5 episode titles after it restarts on October 22nd.

Regards,

Joe

I guess the question would be: why would they be experimenting with doing that?

Hi,
Maybe they want to see how good the ratings on Crusade are? This could be an attempt to bring the show back.

paul

I don't want to hope for that, because that would surely jinx it. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back