• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

Well, the prophecy would still stand if Roslyn did have cancer. The dying leader would help them find Earth and that could still be her.

Tigh being a cylon raises some interesting questions. Cylons of his variety can age? And they are suseptable to substance abuse. =) Maybe he's the uber flawed/vulnerable version. Either way, I love Tigh's character. Cylon or not, I'm still in the Tigh fan club.

this episode blew me away, it was predictable in places, but the gathering "storm" really was palpable. i can't believe that after nearly a whole season of largely dull episodes they put a great one together. i still have mega reservations over ron moore though, having just finished a full run through of DS9, a lot of the later plot points are taken straight from B5, and he does have a habit of writing himself into corners, as with Kara, if she did eject she still would have been pulled far enough into the planet by gravity to crush her bony little frame like a fly.

oooooOOOOOOoooooo "weather is changing" "there is a storm coming"

Pre-Season Finale Hype!

I agree with the others here. Trial was dull. Don't care.

Roslyn, IMO, is addicted to the extract, and doesn't have cancer.

I'm on board with Sam, Tory, and Tigh being Cylons. But to be honest, if they turn out to be 3 of the Final 5, its pretty damn hoakey that they ended up with key roles on the last surviving ship of the colonies, isn't it?

Either way, I'm certain the music has to do with the nebula they are approaching and something to do with the 13th Tribe and Earth. Maybe they are going to introduce the "ship of lights" from the original series?

Hopefully we will find out next week.

I liked this episode soooo much better than the last few I've seen! I wasn't particulary interested in the trial dialogue until "Mr. Adama" questioned the President. Everybody is a critic I know but...I don't think I needed all of the set up on that. Lee asking to question her, a few quick cut-aways for reactions, etc...and I think I could have figured out on my own that Lee was willing to break old confidences and alliances to free Baltar. The impact would have been greater..for me, anyway.

Lastly, I just want to say that I really hope that Col. Tye isn't a Cylon. Watching him crack on the stand... :( I felt a so sorry for him. He seemed off in his own little world. It didn't appear that he was really aware at the time the conclusions people witnessing his testimony were making regarding his emotional well-being.

that's another thing, the ship of goddamn lights, if that thing shows up i am going to lose all my faith in the human spirit, especially if it has the dude from knightrider on it, like last time.

i'm amazed they never tried it back in galactica 78, i wasn't sure if anyone would make the connection to Micheal Knights boss so i was going to clarify it, but clearly don't need to now. but seriously if you don't already think there is no hope left for good TV (i personally don't think BSG is that bad yet) the ship of lights would totally end the magic.

I don't know, I think if it's done right, the "ship of Lights" could be pretty amazing. Sure, if they tried to transfer it lock, stock, and barrel from the old series it could be pretty awful, but, I can definitely see some potential if done right

I'm personally pro light ship (if done right) but I'm interested to know why ranger1 is adamantly submissive of it.

I never saw the original series. Can someone give me a brief explanation on this "Ship of Lights" episode?

Also, Tigh being a cylon would be perfect! He could be their most flawed creation, imho. =) Which is why I love him as a character.

One problem with the "Tigh is a Cylon" theory is that he's been around a very long time, and has a record to go along with it. He didn't meet Adama until after the first Cylon War, admittedly -- but Adama got them reinstated to the fleet. Reinstated. Meaning Tigh had a record back from when the Cylons looked like walking chrome toasters.

So that would have to be explained...

A somewhat eerie episode. The trial may not do much for other folks, but those opening statements were dynamite writing; I really liked Mark Shepherd's delivery.

Anyone else a little nervous that their sole means of supplying the fleet with fuel is now wandering off with only a couple of Raptors for company?

I never saw the original series. Can someone give me a brief explanation on this "Ship of Lights" episode?

Also, Tigh being a cylon would be perfect! He could be their most flawed creation, imho. =) Which is why I love him as a character.
Well not quite brief but here a link to the description of the two episodes, http://www.firsttvdrama.com/show1/largcast/wargods1.php3

Though very brief would be 'ship of lights' was almost god like beings who were almost embodiments of good, and there ships of light would fly by vipers, and the viper pilots would chase them and disappear. Eventually in the end Light ships return the missing pilots and stops a "evil" being of similar powers as themselves from harming Galatica.
So a lot of people are thinking the ships of lights could tied into Starbucks apparent death and could maybe even be tied into the Cylon 'god' or the colonies.

Well it's one of the more fantastical episodes of the original, well the new battlestar galatica for the most part been pretty grounded, no aliens. (though believe the original only had these guys and the reptile creators of the cylons if I remember correctly)
Between that and the overall hokeyness of the original episode think alot may not want to see it repeated.

OK,

Ship of lights. Yes, the guy from Knight Rider was in the original series as one of the Ship of Lights peep, but only one episode, not in the key two parter, and I think he was due to the Glen A Larson connection there....

While the original series was cheesy in its own right, and I think AFTER the initial two parter, how they treated the ship of lights thing was lame...the concept was cool.

So if this BSG decides to pay homage to the original with that sort of basic plot device....I'm cool with it. I think they will do a decent job.

I'm not saying that is what they are doing for sure...but I guess I hope with all the mysticism they are trying to show...that they fit it in somewhere because its very appropriate.

If done right, it could be very cool and a good fit. Especially with how they have treated the show so far. I wouldn't be a hater...

Last edited:
There is already a strong 'supernatural' sub-text to the new series. I think the beings that are inside the minds of Six and Baltar are obviously more than a hallucination, now there is all this music as well.

There is clearly a lot about the Cylons we don't know, and a 'ship of lights' piloted by higher Cylon based life -forms (transcended AI's) would be yet another nice twist on the original premise.

I'm personally pro light ship (if done right) but I'm interested to know why ranger1 is adamantly submissive of it.

i'm a hater because as i previously mentioned i'm remain unconvinced of moore's talents, and while it could perhaps be done nicely, i can't help but get the cloying feeling that it would be more like the other ship of lights episode from the original rather war of the gods, however if it had an Iblis type character i would also be mega pissed off, because it was nice (considering i'm a huge fan of the avengers) to see John Steed in BSG it wouldn't work in th new format, but that is my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back