• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

It wasn't a Roslyn cop out. She's a cylon! She's probably #1, too. The only reason Hera's blood helped with "the cancer" was because she's a BOT!

It wasn't a Roslyn cop out. She's a cylon! She's probably #1, too. The only reason Hera's blood helped with "the cancer" was because she's a BOT!

That's always been a suspicion of mine, and I'm waiting for her and the Admiral to get married so she can become an Adama, and fulfill Leoben's prophecy of an Adama being a Cylon.

No copout (yet?) .. what's up with that? Sackhoff has even been removed from the title credits, though there is a supsicious break where her name used to be .. reminding me of the way Leonard Nimoy was missing from Star Trek III's credits - when the copout was just around the corner :D

Hating the trial stuff less than I feared. Still not excited about the show, but it's not making me tug my hair violently as it still did two weeks ago.

What's up with the accents though? We have a bunch of people that have been isolated from earth for millenia - something the show has always been bad at making believable - and we now not only have standard English - American and British - but heavy Aussie accents? Not that it would make sense for them to speak English without those, but it just kind of makes it extra-obvious :p

Standard English, American and Aussie accents are all based upon old english accents that have been lost over time. It seems like a good parallel to me.

Now then, what about all those parallel Hummers and designer suits they have ??

I really wasn't into last night's show, though I appreciated seeing Badger from Firefly again. :)

Too much useless dialogue and not enough action. This trial needs to get to the frackin' point.

Bleh

The trial needs to already be over :D .. I cannot describe how much I don't care about that whole storyline. The whole "Baltar = ambiguous hero, martyr, whatever" thing just doesn't make any sense.

And yeah .. the hummers I was wondering about too. The one thing that had bugged me in particular though is .. names. Like you have a guy suddenly popping up called Novacek - a standard name in the US in present, but, actually, a Czech name. Should we believe that there was a mini-Czech Republic somewhere out there in the colonies?

The English parallel would be good if they were colonists that had left Earth a few hundred years ago. But, if I've not completely misunderstood the lore, Earth was colonised from Kobol.

So if there are similarities and parallels to Earth .. they really should be to the old Greeks, Egyptians and Babylonians, as the connection would exist from a time before English .. or Anglo-Saxon .. or even Latin.

I'm not daft enough to actually complain about any of this. Just that it does kind of bug me when they push parallels to the modern world (Balthar's colony speaks Yorkshire - oooookay) - it just makes suspense of disbelief a lot harder. Something, from what I've gathered, the old show was a lot less guilty of - by intentionally not giving their characters first names such as "William", "Lee", "Laura", or "Felix".

I think I really like Mark Shepherd's character. This is definitely a very good role for him, really shows off his chops.

I felt like that episode had some deep meaning and good writing....but somehow I missed it. Maybe glossed over it. I found my mind wandering in a few of the scenes and wasn't drawn in. I think it started when Lamkin was with Caprica Six. He told his story, said some stuff, and somehow asked her if her pain was as big as his....and I totally didn't understand where that came from or was going.

Yeah, I'm with you there Recoil. IMHO, they've wasted so much good story-space this season with a bunch of yammering about. It's making me like Baltar even more because he's just about the most interesting thing the show's got, now. Even the cylons have lost their uber-magic (except for Athena who sassed up Cally something good in the bonus scene.)

I felt like that episode had some deep meaning and good writing....but somehow I missed it. Maybe glossed over it. I found my mind wandering in a few of the scenes and wasn't drawn in. I think it started when Lamkin was with Caprica Six. He told his story, said some stuff, and somehow asked her if her pain was as big as his....and I totally didn't understand where that came from or was going.

Same here. I think it was his voice. Once I stopped trying to work out what his accent was, his voice just made me tune out.

Was it just my imagination or did the number of survivors they show at the beginning credits go down by one? I dont have last weeks episode any more and I wanted to compare the numbers. Since Starbuck is "dead" I'm guessing they dropped the number by one.

Was it just my imagination or did the number of survivors they show at the beginning credits go down by one? I dont have last weeks episode any more and I wanted to compare the numbers. Since Starbuck is "dead" I'm guessing they dropped the number by one.

The Wikipedia page on Battlestar Galactica has a good record of the population:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(re-imagined_series)_episodes

Someone has even made a graph (though it isn't very recent)

http://www.bitchtookmyride.com/uploaded_images/BSG_population1-781794.jpg

LOL, the population went UP by two people between a couple episodes! Did a couple people spit out some babies or something?

So, I wasn't all that interested in the trial last night. It came across to me as just too much talking about things we've seen happen; in other words, little felt added to the story that is BSG, just repeated. It was emotional seeing Col. Tigh admit to killing his wife, though.

While I can appreciate his idealism for a fair trial, Attorney!Apollo seemed quite feckless.

Ultimately, for me, the most interesting thing about the whole episode was Tigh, Anders, and Tory hearing "the music".

They're all cylons. =) I told you Anders was a cylon! But now Tigh and Tori? Whoah! I think they're "sleeper cylons" and the music is waking them up somehow. Tigh thinking the music was in the ship was downright creepy.

It would also make sense. Tigh and Ellen never had children. Neither did Sam and Starbuck. Thus, giving credence to the fact that human+cylon babies are pretty darn hard to create.

I also wonder if the pres really does have her cancer returning or if she's just addicted to camilla extract.

They're all cylons. =) I told you Anders was a cylon! But now Tigh and Tori? Whoah! I think they're "sleeper cylons" and the music is waking them up somehow. Tigh thinking the music was in the ship was downright creepy.

It would also make sense. Tigh and Ellen never had children. Neither did Sam and Starbuck. Thus, giving credence to the fact that human+cylon babies are pretty darn hard to create.

I was thinking that it may be that they are waking up cos of getting near to the nebula/finding Earth. Tigh could be the person that Lucy Lawless apologised to in the temple.

I also wonder if the pres really does have her cancer returning or if she's just addicted to camilla extract.

I hope not. We already have Tigh and his addiction to alcohol. Man, I am so evil hoping a character has cancer.:devil:

Latest posts

Members online

Back