• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars Episode III trailer on "The O.C."

Re: Star Wars Episode III trailer on \"The O.C.\"

What do you base this on, other than the idea supports your theory?
Dude, I'm not performing some kind of science experiment here. It's simple observation and interaction with lots of people, not all of whom "support my theory," as you put it.

If it doesn't apply to me and others in similar situations than the theory falls apart.
This is getting tiring. I never said my "theory" applies to everyone. I said "some" people right from the start. That clear enough?

Do you know anyone who liked the original trilogy as a kid but finds them unbearably childish now?
No, I don't (myself included, like I said earlier). But that was never my contention to begin with. My point involves a comparison between reactions to the original trilogy and the new one.

Regardless of how you back this up your original theory was that Star Wars movies were always targeted at children exclusively
No, it wasn't. I never said that. I never believed that.

...that Episodes I and II were constructed the same as IV, V, and VI but that maturing in viewers caused them to hate the new trilogy while liking the old based on loyal blindness.
For the last time, and I'm dropping the whole thing after this post, I contended that viewer maturity is A reason that SOME people react more negatively to the new trilogy.

'Nuff said.

That's cool.

Just don't automatically dismiss complaints about the new trilogy as the results of maturing taste when the next Star Wars thread inevitably pops up. :p

I've just seen the trailer, and I'm like... eh...

It doesn't really grab me, probably becuase I have become so put off by Episodes 1 and 2. And listening to the miniscule amounts of dialogue don't fill me with confidence, especially Hayden's very poor delivery of Anakin's dialogue.

SPOILER:

Example: the short scene where he questions the Chancellor about learning about the dark side - he should be filled with drive, desire, ambition, power. Pride and envy should be raging through him. Instead, he just delivers the line in that very dull / muted manner he has perfected for Anakin.

To use everyone's favourite quote:

I have an awful feeling about this.

Really? I would expect curiosity and and a bit of trepidation. Remember he's considering going down a road that betrays everything he's been taught and those who've raised him for much of his life. He'll probably show more pride/disdain for the Jedi once he actually controls some of the powers they're discussing.

I really am hopeful. The only impression from the trailer that worries me is the possibility of some of the Jedi dying cheaply, like being shot by Clone Troopers.

I wasn't sure if this should be its own thread, or not, so forgive me if you think this is off topic.

I think it's rather pitiful. When you can't do anything new in the movie business, you just keep remaking your old stuff? :confused:

StarWars to be remade ... again...

Won't make any difference to me.

As I recently suffered a serious eye injury that cost me 70% of the vision in my left eye, I now consider 3D movies one of the most pointless things in the universe.

Unless Lucas has come up with some exciting new 3D film-making technique that doesn't require the viewer to have stereoscopic vision ...

:D

I'm sorry to hear that, GH. Not for the frigging movies, obviously.

The only thing Lucas will come up with is an "exciting new way" to view his films that requires no thought, whatsoever.

Am I the only person who thought of SCTV when I read this? What was that old recurring skit "Monster-Chiller Horror Theater" or something?

I realise the Supershadow site is generally considered nothing but rampant incoherent blabbering about Star Wars, but I do visit occasionally for a good laugh. Latest was this page ...

Q&A with George Lucas?

I doubt very much that this was actually George Lucas giving the answers, but if it was it sure explains an awful lot - and he seems to have an awfully high opinion of himself.

Enjoy!

Supershadow.... best way to kill an afternoon ever.

They guy cracks me up every time. he is either insane or having a laugh. Check out the photo of his girlfriend!

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/girlfriend.html

90% of his site is ripped from others, except for the wonderful Q&A's on how he is best friends with Lucas.

Supershadow, (AKA mIckey Stuttle) once tried to rip a load of folks of with a 'premium content' section giving spoilers over EP1.

I don;t whats worse, him or the fanboys that fell for it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back