• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Quotes from the lost scripts :)

Bester is one of the reasons B5 is such a good show. Would we be talking about some other villains like this?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>Bester is one of the reasons B5 is such a good show. Would we be talking about some other villains like this?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Nope! Bester might be evil! But he's the best!
He totaly dominates the episodes he's in.

/Com

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Com:
<font color=yellow>Nope! Bester might be evil! But he's the best!
He totaly dominates the episodes he's in.

/Com</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Which is why it would have been so good to see him in Crusade *sigh*

Damn TNT!!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LightNZ:
<font color=yellow>yes!!!!!!!!!!!! damn

two great pieces of characterisation eh
Bester, Galen
good on jms</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Wow!

Yeah.. Those two meeting each other.. Wow!!!
What a scene! Wow.. that... wow..

hehe.. The scene that is played out in my mind is beyond words to describe.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

/Com

Where can you buy these scripts...or at least read them. I went to Dark Scrolls, but I couldn't find them for sale. At the ISN Anchor desk it said they sell for 100 bucks a pop on ebay! damn. I wish I had money to burn. But I really don't.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
<font color=yellow>You can't buy them. There are no copies to be had legally.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Well, yes and no. If you can catch Fiona Avery at a convention, she still sells her scripts, including Value Judgements (the Bester ep), but that's the only place. She used to sell them through the mail, so there ARE copies out there. Those are the copies that show up on eBay now and then.

The two jms scripts, End of the Line, and To the Ends of the Earth were only available on bookface.com, never in print, so if you do come across a paper copy of it, it's illegal.

The Fiona scripts are not illegal - she was selling them, and people can resell them if they'd like to. I'm just not one that's going to do so. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by isnanchordesk:
<font color=yellow>and people can resell them if they'd like to. I'm just not one that's going to do so. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

So... Are you implying that you are the owner of one of those scripts? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

/Com

<font color=yellow>So... Are you implying that you are the owner of one of those scripts? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I don't know about isnanchordesk, but I bought a copy of Value Judgements back when Ms. Avery was selling them by mail. It has been a while since I have re-read it, but I have no intention of selling it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PillowRock:
<font color=yellow>I don't know about isnanchordesk, but I bought a copy of Value Judgements back when Ms. Avery was selling them by mail. It has been a while since I have re-read it, but I have no intention of selling it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

But perhaps you could quote a page or two from it for us. That is perfectly legal if I remember international copyright law correctly.

/Com

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
<font color=yellow>You are of course assuming that the copies for sale are ones Fiona sold and not copies made through other means.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Yes. I am pretty sure that Fiona was signing all of the scripts that she sold directly. I would question any copy without the Crusade cover page or where her signature was photocopied rather than original.

Which doesn't of course stop people from making a photocopy for themselves and then selling the original. But still, that wouldn't be quite as bad as selling an unlimited number of photocopies, I suppose.

A good portentious quote near the end of "Value Judgments":

BESTER: How many ships do we have?
PSICOP: Enough.

As for the meeting between Galen and Bester, I don't believe it has been written down as of yet. Galen must've been off on one of his errands during this episode.

oooh, Galen meeting Bester....how that would be interesting, never thought about it before.........man the possibilities

(I wander what Galen was doing/watching during the teep war)

Thanks for the quotes. They were most enlightening. Unfortunately they remind me that there could have been more of Crusade.

<font color=yellow>So... Are you implying that you are the owner of one of those scripts? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

/Com</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

No implying needed. Yes, I bought Value Judgements directly from Fiona. I also have a half-dozen or so other Crusade scripts, including the original version of Path of Sorrows that featured Lyta, thanks to someone involved in making the show /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Next question? lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back