• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Question about Psi-Corp Trilogy Book Finale

Mailing him the sold stuff was golden. Pounding the stake into the ground, though it's only symbolic, does feel really dark to me, not neccessarily twisted, but, I think I would freak if I found something like that on the grave of one of my loved ones, so...

Well, that's a point that never occured to me before. That would definitely freak out any loved ones who happened by the grave that day.

I'm fairly certain JMS's "post" didn't last even a day. Don't you think a groundskeeper just quietly removed it after JMS had gone?

I think the story is quite appropriate, but I do admit I can see how it would freak some people out.

He only did it once. ;)

(I think :LOL: )

I wouldn't expect it to be noticeable at all if it was stuck all the way into the ground. I also doubt that we're talking anything large enough to need to be hammered in. Buffy might carry around great big 'Mr. Pointy' type stakes but regular folks would pick up a sharp stick.

Jan

I bet if I told you all I went and pissed over a grave you wouldn't be saying well done,they deserved it for something that happened years ago.

He still desecrated a grave.

The man has some serious problems no matter that he can write.

Can't believe the religious types here condoning his attitude just because they are fans of his work :LOL:

Ah morality is a fine thing :D

I bet if I told you all I went and pissed over a grave you wouldn't be saying well done,they deserved it for something that happened years ago.
Why would anybody care that you watered the grass rather ineffectively? Whatever you might be trying to symbolize doesn't change the fact that all you'd be doing is just that. If nobody saw you, you'd have whatever momentary satisfaction you were after and it'd be utterly invisible, utterly meaningless to everybody else. Sorta like the situation under discussion probably was.

Can't believe the religious types here condoning his attitude just because they are fans of his work :LOL:
Oh, puh-leez, another one who can't see any reason why someone would disagree with him besides hero worship? It couldn't possibly stem from an overwhelming feeling that the whole consecrated-embalmed-buried-ritualistic foofooraw is barbaric, could it? No, it's far easier to dismiss an opinion if you assume that it's not a considered, thought out position but rather motivated by supposedly misled loyalty, isn't it?

Yeah, it's a view of a dark side. We've all got one. He didn't sacrifice small animals or babies over the grave, he shoved a piece of wood into the ground over a bully who'd actively tried to have a negative effect on his chosen career. Kind of over-the-top and theatrical but of no more real significance than giving the finger to the gravestone, imo.

Jan

It is a criminal offence to desecrate graves.

Just because you have hero fan worship of the man doesn't change that.

I bet you would be mad if I pissed all over his grave :LOL:

It's his showing off about it that makes me wonder.Plus the fact that he held a petty grudge for so long.

I might not have religion but I have respect for the dead as such and don't see any excuse to defile their final resting place.

Yes we all do have a darkside but most of us do not desecrate graves and then make a joke out of it.It's not even as if he had the excuse that he was only a kid.

It is not the worst thing you could do,far from it.It just struck me strange that people would find it amusing.

Proof of how easily our youth are corrupted by their heroes :LOL:

If you ever fancy a bit of desecrating you can always blame JMS ;)

<yawn> Crazy goes nuts again. Overreacting and jumping to unfounded conclusions as exercise forms maybe? Curious.

Jan

Jan defends anything assiciated with her hero again,no matter what :LOL:

FFS I made a valid point.Try making one yourself and stop trying to act like the know it all with the attitude of superiority complex.

I'm waiting on the sad little spelling mistakes posts now :p

Jan defends anything assiciated with her hero again,no matter what :LOL:

FFS I made a valid point.Try making one yourself and stop trying to act like the know it all with the attitude of superiority complex.

I'm waiting on the sad little spelling mistakes posts now :p

Wow, anybody want to explain to me what I did to deserve that? :eek:

Jan

Try the post before your last one.If you want to try and patronise people then every now and again someone will bite.

Or are you really so lacking in empathy that you cannot see that.

I even have my doubts about aspects of the story anyway.If a teacher started blatantly abusing a pupil by giving them low marks,especially after they had previously recieved excellent grades the it would be a rather simple exercise to complain and have the teacher before the school board.More likely he got one F and that was that.

[roy castle]Desecration - wo-oh - Desecration - wo-oh - Desecration - That's what you need ...[/roy castle]

Oh ... sorry. That probably means nothing to anyone under 35 and outside the UK.

:p

Odd how we igore the "desecration" of our own, living, neighbors, while we holler about how horrible it is to do something to a corpse.

And I definitely agree with the cremation idea. Quite frankly, it saves space. And, uh, it's not like slowly rotting in a box is exactly anyone's idea of fun.

To minimize disease cremation is often used, so don't even try a religion angle, here. :LOL: ;)

I don't mind feeding worms and as such have a bio-degradable cardboard box ordered.

I will be buried in the hills near my home town with a sapling to mark the spot.

I'm a bloody hippy at heart really ;)

While I don't agree with his outburst, I have to say I agree with Crazyhorse's stance here.

Jan and a few others seem to think its "not a big deal" that JMS drove a fucking steak into the ground above a guys grave, spent his life rubbing it in the former professors face about how he was successful in spite of what the guy said.

Guys, I'm sorry. But that is fucking WRONG. I lost a LOT of respect for JMS as a person upon reading this. Seriously, cut the hero worship and see that for what it was. A sick and twisted thing to do, that really shows an ENORMOUS character flaw in the guy.

Not to take anything away from the show, I think he has done great work. But you got freakin issues if you have so much hate and spite for one person to go to those lengths.

JMS is GKar except he never had that moment of realizing that he was wrong and trying to better himself. He went on hating that professor even AFTER he died.

I do wish some people around here would drop the hero worship when its completely an inappropriate situation...and at least admit that "yea, the guy was out of line there."

Do you approve on the way my post was reacted on,no mention of that really?I ignored the first post abusing my views but the second was going too far really.

I was even light hearted about it with KF,I wasn't really trying to preach at anybody.

Just saying it was a sick story.

Yes I do bite ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back