• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Official: Babylon 5 coming to Blu-ray in December

Yes THE GATHERING was available on VHS through Columbia House (Original Cut) and the retail release (Special Edition Cut). And as I've said before, I too was a bit late to the show having only seen bits and pieces of Season One before diving in head first with Season Two and never looking back.

Thanks for the update. I purchased (and gave away) the Season 1 retail set, which would have been SE, and my first "successful" purchase of the 1993 pilot was the Columbia House release on good old VHS. Then stumbled over the German DVD and the Turkish "Toplanti" release, which is the German version with different wording on the cover. TG_VHS.jpg
...plus there is the De Agostini (1993 pilot) version on DVD, which apparently is only ever sold on the UK's Ebay site by sellers who never ship to the US. :rolleyes:

And speaking of shipping to the U.S., I have a question for all of our overseas friends. If any of you know can you tell me if the price of shipping items to the U.S. has gone up for you in recent months? I am curious because I have made purchases of different 4K Ultra-HD and Blu-Ray Discs from Amazon U.K. and Amazon.de (Germany) in the past. I was looking around the other day and I noticed everything I saw now had shipping prices. This was not something I had seen in the past. Just trying to figure out if costs have gone up or if maybe there was a glitch somewhere? Really hope it is a glitch. Most of the prices were only $7.99 to $8.99, but that is on top of items that are often already $30.00.

And speaking of shipping to the U.S., I have a question for all of our overseas friends. If any of you know can you tell me if the price of shipping items to the U.S. has gone up for you in recent months? I am curious because I have made purchases of different 4K Ultra-HD and Blu-Ray Discs from Amazon U.K. and Amazon.de (Germany) in the past. I was looking around the other day and I noticed everything I saw now had shipping prices. This was not something I had seen in the past. Just trying to figure out if costs have gone up or if maybe there was a glitch somewhere? Really hope it is a glitch. Most of the prices were only $7.99 to $8.99, but that is on top of items that are often already $30.00.

The only thing I've shipped to the US in recent years was to your good self; I can't remember exactly how much it cost but $8 sounds about right. Though prices for postage do keep going up in the UK, so that might have something to do with any price increase you're seeing.

Going the other way I've found prices to be sky high to the point I can't really import things anymore. I used to buy special edition soundtrack CDs from the US, but the postage got as high as the CDs themselves. Same for B5Books.

Postage everywhere is just super-crazy now, it seems.

Back