• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

And seeing the wise ones of Narn (at least I think that's who the two Narn were who spoke to him...if not, someone please tell me).

The Narn hanging from the tree was G'Kar's father, whom G'Kar watched be hung from a tree by Centauri when he was a child. The other, more talkative Narn was G'Quan, I believe, a wise Narn from a thousand years ago whose writings G'Kar has been a follower for years.

G'Quan! Isn't that who Kosh looked like to G'Kar?

He seemed to have been given such a sense of peace after that. The sobbing was so heartfelt; like he finally realized the true meaning of life. Am I correct about this?

And the winged being of light is G'Lan.

Jan

G'Quan! Isn't that who Kosh looked like to G'Kar?

Technically, all three -- G'Kar's father, G'Quan, and G'Lan -- were Kosh in this scene telepathically talking to G'Kar. But yeah, G'Quan was a regular ol' Narn, whereas G'Lan was what G'Kar sees when he looks at a Vorlon.

This is definitely a turning point for G'Kar!!!

Indeed.

G'Lan! That's the one I was trying to think of. Thanks!

I guess you could call them the wise ones of Narn! They brought the truth to G'Kar...and now he's got 60 days to ponder that truth. Wonderful!

Also, Londo got some of what he deserved, didn't he? The only innocent was poor Vir!

I think all 3 were innocent in their own ways. Vir's wounds were physical, Londo's were physical and emotional, and G'Kar's were spiritual. ;)

In no way was Londo "innocent" at this point in the story. And he knows it. And now he knows G'kar knows it. ;)

G'Kar wasn't innocent, either. It was he who led the Narn aggression against the Centauri, beginning with the attack on the Ragesh colony in "Midnight". The Narn wouldn't have been the Centauri's first and most hated targets once Londo allied them with the Shadows if G'Kar hadn't spent a year poking them with a sharp stick and taking colonies away from them. And the judge was quite right in pointing out that G'Kar didn't attack the first random person he encounted but instead deliberately made his way to Londo's quarters, burst in, neutralized Vir and then attacked Londo. That shows clear intent, if not premeditation.

I think RW7427 may have meant "victim" when he typed "innocent". All three were, in a sense, victims in that they suffered in the indicent, and at least partly through outside agency.

Regards,

Joe

Spoiler from a later season removed from this SPOILER FRICKIN' FREE THREAD.

:)

Moderator Joe

Spoiler from a later season removed from this SPOILER FRICKIN' FREE THREAD.

:)

Moderator Joe
Nope,was definately a referance to season one,can see the mistake made though :LOL:

Nope, was definately a referance to season one, can see the mistake made though :LOL:

Hmmm... I was thinking of a similar, but later development. The problem is we can't now restore what you posted or it would be a spoiler, given that ilikemike would now know something along the same lines would come up in a later season. ;) So I have managed to create a potential spoiler where none existed, in an attempt to prevent spoilers. And if that isn't a dandy example of the Law of Uninteneded Consequences, I don't know what is. :D

Suffice it to say that crazyhorse pointed out another bit of antisocial behavior on G'Kar's part that undermines the idea that he was an "innocent" in any sense in "Dust to Dust".

Now move along. Nothing to see here. :)

Joe

I think RW7427 may have meant "victim" when he typed "innocent". All three were, in a sense, victims in that they suffered in the indicent, and at least partly through outside agency.

Thank you sir. :D

It's nice to know you guys are watching out for me. :D

My feeling is that, yes, G'Kar and Londo were both victims...of their own aggression toward one another. It was poor Vir who was the innocent and shouldn't have been hurt at all. The other two deserved what they got.

I watched "Exogenesis" and felt that it was a rather weak episode...unless I missed something. Will this become important at some time or was this a so-so episode?

To me, "Exogenesis" is a so-so episode. The next handful, however, are not so-so. :D Enjoy!

The episode itself, yes is so-so, however, I think it's important in showing a counter point to something later

Are we talking about the Babylon 5 Scale of Rating Episodes? Or do we mean on the General American Television Scale of Rating Episodes? ;)

I think that Exogenesis is a so-so ep of B5, but still well above average on the general American TV scale. The Marcus - Stephen interactions and the Ivanova - Corwin stuff is still better and more entertaining than most TV shows.

If I remember correctly, 'Exogenisis' is the episode that JMS got interrupted in the middle of writing. When he got back to it, he had forgotten where he had been going with it.

I don't know the point of interruption, but I wonder what might have been.

It is good interaction between Franklin and Marcus, and the first episode where Marcus' beard is filled out instead of just stubble.

Basically, it's a Marcus episode, so I'm happy. :D

It is good interaction between Franklin and Marcus, and the first episode where Marcus' beard is filled out instead of just stubble.

Trust you to notice something like that, Elenopa. :D

Okay....then I wasn't missing anything. I agree that this episode is definitely better than any other sci-fi trying this same 'alien taking over a human'-type story. I DID like Marcus in this one...and the Ivanova/Corwin stuff was great.

Now...on to what my friend, Corvid, has said are some of the best episodes of B5 and I need to watch the next three together.

Latest posts

Members online

Back