• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Umm...do you have seatbelts on your 'watching Babylon 5' chair? ;-)

Jan

Umm...do you have seatbelts on your 'watching Babylon 5' chair? ;-)

:LOL: Yeah! :eek: I mean, if you do....it couldn't hurt to snug it up little, ilikemike! ;)

Oh NO!!!! And I'm out tomorrow night. I'll have to wait until Wednesday night after work. No fair!!!!

Ah, the delightful agonizing cries of anticipation. :devil:

Better to wait until you can kick back and just enjoy the episodes. If that means waiting until Wednesday, keep in mind what the original fans had to put up with (weeks of time between episodes, sometimes). :)

I suppose....I'll still be on tenterhooks.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

You won't be able to stop talking and thinking about it after these three!

Hey, Crofootski! You're the one who got me into this!!!! Thanks heaps! I'm enjoying it more than I can say. I'll let you know what I think.

It is good interaction between Franklin and Marcus, and the first episode where Marcus' beard is filled out instead of just stubble.

Trust you to notice something like that, Elenopa. :D

You know me too well. :LOL:

Now...on to what my friend, Corvid, has said are some of the best episodes of B5 and I need to watch the next three together.
"Need" or people telling you to watch them as a group is all irrelevent.

If you have them all available (like on DVD's), once you start that set you will watch them all. Regardless of how late it gets and how early you need to wake up, or anything like that ........ Once you start that cluster you absolutely will not be going "Oh, that's enough for tonight. I'll get some sleep and watch the next one tomarrow.")

Edit for typo fix.

Regardless of how late it gets and how early you need to wake up, or anything like that ........ Once you start that cluster you absolutelu will not be going "Oh, that's enough for tonight. I'll get some sleep and watch the next one tomarrow.)

:D So true!!

Don't scare ilikemike away, here. :LOL:

We make B5 sound like heroin addiction. :eek:

;)

Don't scare ilikemike away, here. :LOL:

We make B5 sound like heroin addiction. :eek:

;)

It's OK, ILikeMike already has the LOST addiction (I think), so already well practiced in dealing with these SciFi addictions

OOooh! Extra points for knowing that it's "tenterhooks" and not "tenderhooks". :)

Anyway...

Joe's Rules for Viewing the 3rd Season Central Trilogy:

1. Disconnect the telephone, turn off the cell phone and PC, unplug the doorbell, lock the pets in another room.

2. Put extra pillows, blankets cushions on the couch/chair of your choice. You'll want to be comfy.

3. Fill a Hefty bag with Doritos. You'll want life-sustaining Nacho Cheese powdered corn-chips within easy reach to keep up your strength.

4. Wear loose, soft, comfortable clothes, suitable for both extended periods in a seated/prone position and for leaping to one's feet at appropriate moments. (The sort of thing you'd wear when going to the airport nowadays.)

5. Don't drink too much before starting the disc, even though you can hit "pause" to go to the bathroom, you won't want to. (A bed pan or adult diapers can be an alternative.)

6. Either chloroform your signficant other or duct-tape his/her mouth shut. If they've seen the episode they'll be unable to stop themselves from making little comments, if they haven't they'll cry out plot points that you haven't seen yet, and if they don't like the show they'll just annoy the crap out of you. Rendering him/her speechless may seem cruel, but in the long run you could be saving a life. :)

Regards,

Joe

I am a spelling fanatic and a writer myself, so I knew it was tenterhooks. I'll take the extra points!!!

Scared off? Not on your life! Tomorrow night, I will follow all of Joe's rules and dig into that trilogy. I will take all precautions necessary to remain undisturbed...that means turning off the computer as well.

When all is said and done, I will no doubt drag my tired body to the computer to give you all my initial gut reaction. I can't wait!!!

When all is said and done, I will no doubt drag my tired body to the computer to give you all my initial gut reaction.

Oh, I imagine that you'll be so revved up by the trilogy that you won't have to drag yourself anywhere. ;)

What if we've hyped it up so much she finds it disappointing? :eek:

You're going to get my favorite Delenn quote (Or Mira Furlan in general, actually) in the third of the three.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back