• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Minbari fighting pike vs lightsaber

Nukemall

Regular
So which one would you rather have?

I think I'd opt for the fighting pike.

Regards

------------------
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

Minbari pike is waaaaayy better, no need for batterys, lighter, longer.

Doesn't make a buzzing noise an light an area. Non-leathal. And sexyer.

------------------
"Zathras trained in crisis manegment!" :D

Hmmmm, I'm not sure....
But would a light sabre have gotten Sheridan out of that predicament in Objects At Rest?
wink.gif

------------------
"Faith Manages"

Denn'bok for sure - it's easier to slip through customs (no large energy source). Easier to upgrade with an infinite improbability generator (add one button with no purpose and it's done).
laugh.gif

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited June 17, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Denn'bok for sure - it's easier to slip through customs (no large energy source). Easier to upgrade with an infinite improbability generator (add one button with no purpose and it's done). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but pikes are made of metal, so yoou'll have to get it past the metal detectors somehow. I suppose that you caould pass it off as a medical scanner though...

Regards

------------------
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

Frankly, I would rather have the lightsaber. The pike, while surrounded in tradition and demands a certain level of respect, cannot melt thru large bulkheads as we saw in Episode 1.
smile.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Personally I await the day when vorlon technology is applied in the construction of fighting pikes. With an energy source in the centre, and specially adapted field protection gloves the all new lightpike would be a worthy addition to any weapon collector.
tongue.gif

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

ttzzz. The Lighsaber cutting the Minbari pike in half.

I prefer B5 but no way I'm going to prefer a Fighting Pike over a Lighsaber.

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

Right on, VORLON!
a lightsaber can cut anything in half.
BTW-I think I should know.

------------------
"I am the state"
Napoleon

How about that combination that Darth Maul had in Episode 1? You've got the functionality of the lightsaber, with the serious coolness of the pike.
laugh.gif

------------------

Beat me to it Alina... Darth Maul's sabre is definately the closest you'd get to a "lightpike"... however I think I'd like to train with a Minbari Fighting Pike... less chance of chopping your foot off
shocked.gif

------------------
Have you been taking a philosophy course for the martial-artistically challenged?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
less chance of chopping your foot off <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or any Other vital parts.

Perhaps that's why Darth Maul had that Red complexion. Some embarassing training accidents remain embarassing.

With a Light Saber, amputation is Forever.
shocked.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

Or any Other vital parts.

Perhaps that's why Darth Maul had that Red complexion. Some embarassing training accidents remain embarassing.

With a Light Saber, amputation is Forever.
shocked.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It may also be why he was so angry as he could not enjoy certain pleasures anymore?

------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

To get back to the original question...

Lightsabre.
cool.gif

Looks cooler and besides, I don't want to be accused of pikal envy.
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

Lightsabre can deflect lasers and other energy weapons. It will cut through a fighting pike with ease, plus the pike has no way to block it since the light sabre will go right through it. There isn't that much energy required for a lightsaber and they don't need to be recharged frequently.

------------------
"All ships open fire! Repeat! Fire!"

No one knows if a lightsaber can cut through a Denn'Bok, no one can test it. I agree with the fact it's safer to have a Pike, no missing, erm, "ties to the family".

Maybe Denn'Bok's can deflect energy, no one has seen it try to block a blast, maybe the weilders arn't skilled enough. It could have also been a factor why EA men couldn't kill many Minbari, blocked the ppg shots.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Zathras trained in crisis manegment!" :D

C'mon, with the exception of Green Lantern's power ring, Thor's hammer, excaliber and Frodo's ring, there ain't nothing cooler than a lightsaber.

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and lived to tell about it." —— Sideshow Bob discusses Bart and Lisa with his supporters.

Well, in the Star wars movies there were multiple cases of lightsabres cutting through metal much thicker than a Minbari Pike. In the Phantom Menace he was cutting through a blast door with it. I doubt the Pike would survive a contact with a lightsabre.

------------------
"All ships open fire! Repeat! Fire!"

Exactly - you'd have to equip the pike with something to deflect the light-sabre's energy (preferably back at its user)... and after that you'd get up, close and personal.
wink.gif

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> with the exception of Green Lantern's power ring, Thor's hammer, excaliber and Frodo's ring, there ain't nothing cooler than a lightsaber. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coudn't agree more.

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back