• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost season 4 (spoilers)

It'll be a bit lame to me if the big secret of Lost is the island causes immortality given that JJ Abrams had the big sercret of Alias be that Rambaldi discovered a means for immortality. It's kinda tired to have him give us big secrets that end in immortality. But, I can't say I would surprised if Lost ends up doing it.

I'm not convinced "immortality" is the answer. Ben seems to have aged just fine....as well as Alex and the French Woman (damn, can't remember the characters name already and she's only been dead for 2 weeks)

... and the French Woman (damn, can't remember the characters name already and she's only been dead for 2 weeks)

Danielle Rousseau

And typing that just now made me think of The Karate Kid; wasn't that main character's name Daniel Russo? Heh.

I'm not convinced "immortality" is the answer. Ben seems to have aged just fine....as well as Alex and the French Woman (damn, can't remember the characters name already and she's only been dead for 2 weeks)

Delenn

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Rousseau

Maybe there's something special about the "eyelash dude" that is different from any of the Others.Or maybe the island affects everyone in a different way.

Jack's and Claire's father being on the island is strange considering that he died in Sidney.Or this is his ghost???

:confused:

Well, Jack was taking his father's body back home from Sydney to give him a funeral. After they crashed on the island, Jack found his father's coffin empty. I had long thought that the airline, who said they couldn't transport the body back, were just pulling one on Jack and sent an empty coffin, leaving his father's body still back in Sydney. But perhaps they did send it and the island has revived Jack's dad and that's why Jack found the coffin empty.

Well, Jack was taking his father's body back home from Sydney to give him a funeral. After they crashed on the island, Jack found his father's coffin empty. I had long thought that the airline, who said they couldn't transport the body back, were just pulling one on Jack and sent an empty coffin, leaving his father's body still back in Sydney. But perhaps they did send it and the island has revived Jack's dad and that's why Jack found the coffin empty.

So Jack's father has been resurrected by the island.We can conclude that it has this capability as well.It cured Rose's cancer, healed Locke's disability, gave Sun the ability to have children and many other unexplainable things.It also killed Boone and Eko using the smoke monster.

This actions of the island make me think that it could be sime kind of an intelligent life form like Michael Crichton's "Sphere".The Sphere materialized the biggest fears of the characters.Maybe the island materializes the dreams or secret wishes of some characters and punishes other characters.What if it's an advanced alien life form using a stealth technology to hide from the rest of the world.It came to Earth to explore its inhabitants.It uses everyone who comes to the island for its explorations on human biology and psichology.

Last edited:
Boone wasn't killed by the smoke monster. He was killed quite randomly when he was crawling in that plane up in the tree, and it fell out of the tree.

Ooo yeah.My mistake.It was a long time ago. I forgot that he fell off the tree.The monster actually killed the pilot in the first episode.

I remember that Charlie had a project for a new song called "The Monster Ate The Pilot";)

Last edited:
Ooo yeah.My mistake.It was a long time ago. I forgot that he fell off the tree.The monster actually killed the pilot in the first episode.

Yeah, that was Weiss from Alias who is now reincarnated as Matt on Heroes. :)

I think Jack's father is dead. Claire is dead. Charlie is dead. It's just a "We see dead people" fiesta. I will say that I'm digging Miles. I hope we get to see him in the past--that is if they're going to do a few more flashback eps (instead of just flash-forward.)

Ben is awesome. He's the island ninja. I would expect more great things from him and his weasly goodness.

And how can Claire be dead? Was she even remotely near death? She was walking in the freakin woods!

I had to look in a dictionary for that one Recoil;).

So she drinks and drives.Is her drinking problem the reason she left "Lost"?

It's kind of embarrassing to have a star of your show end up in jail. But I remember reading somewhere that they had always planned on killing Anna-Lucia off (don't know how true that is, though), but hadn't planned on killing Libby -- they went ahead and killed her off too because the actor had gotten a part in some other show.

It's kind of embarrassing to have a star of your show end up in jail. But I remember reading somewhere that they had always planned on killing Anna-Lucia off (don't know how true that is, though), but hadn't planned on killing Libby -- they went ahead and killed her off too because the actor had gotten a part in some other show.

It's a surprise for me.I've always thought that she was just too expensive for the producers because of her status as a movie actress.

Actually the actress who played Libby had a DUI too, or something very similar. Either way, they both had some serious off-camera bad press going, which contributed to their departure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back