• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'Lost' Season 1 Finale (Spoilers)

Re: \'Lost\' Season 1 Finale (Spoilers)

Have all those spoilers been officially confirmed? I was under the impression that at least some of them were just fan speculation so far.

As for the finale of season 1 - quite left me hungry for the new season to start. :D

IMDB lists Tina Wesson Alex Rousseau, so yes, that could be untrue, as IMDB is not always 100% reliable, and the Blond girl being Alex, is speculation. But, the blonde woman on the boat screen caps do look very much like Tina Wesson.

Sam Jackson, I think has been confirmed, but, that also may just be from IMDB.

Michelle Rodriguez is definitely confirmed, which lends credibility to the speculation of tail survivors.

The raftees ending up on the other side of the island, and the contract problems are both official.

Have all those spoilers been officially confirmed? I was under the impression that at least some of them were just fan speculation so far.

I'm guessing that they haven't been confirmed. It may very well be fan speculation but I hope it's true as it sounds like season two will be pretty damn good.

Interesting.

A lot of people, myself included, have guessed that we would see tail section survivors. I also just assumed the raft people would somehow wash ashore and be OK.

The new character information is pretty cool.

I also didn't know that one of those greedy stars didn't like the money they were making, and is going to be off'd. I wonder who it is...

Of the people left, if there is one that I wouldn't mind seeing depart, its Charlie. Not a big fan of his character. Pretty much all the rest I'd like to see stick around though, so I hope for my selfish sake that its Charlie who didn't like his pay. ;)

Nothing earth shaking about those spoilers, like I said many were already theorized. And its always cool to learn about new characters joining the show. Samuel L Jackson on TV eh? That is interesting and cool news. He will certainly bring a bad-ass persona to the show.

I agree about Charlie, he was cool as a Hobbit, but, I personally don't think his acting skills are all that top notch, and the character isn't my favorite either.

And as far as his sex symbol status, I've gotta believe that's little girls giving him his status, because I don't think he's particularly good looking (actually rather unattractive IMHO) and the guy has no meat on his bones, whatsoever. What's he weigh about 110 lbs?

There would be an easy way to off Charlie anyway, what with the statue he took and all. :D Although I'd imagine they'd go for something a bit less predictable than an overdose.

I didn't know he was supposed to be a sex symbol though. :D At least not on Lost .. I mean, pretty much all the other males would fit the bill better, from Boone to Jack to Sayid, even Locke. ;)

And I do hope I wasn't the only one who literally jumped when Arzt blew up. I mean, I know it was predictable that would happen, but I still didn't expect that when it did.

Well, Dom, as an actor is apparently a sex symbol, and he's raved about as "fine" and all those other terms on the ABC LOST board.

You're not the only one, Kribu, Arzt took me by surprise as well. When he ran off, on the way to the Black Rock, because Danielle mentioned Montan losing his arm, I was expecting him to lose his arm, but, becoming confetti was a surprise

There would be an easy way to off Charlie anyway, what with the statue he took and all. :D Although I'd imagine they'd go for something a bit less predictable than an overdose.

My hope would be that if they killed him, it would be in the act of saving Aaron and/or Claire, or maybe even betraying them. If it's tied to the heroin, that would be Okay, but, yea, just dieing of an overdose would be trite.

The raftees ending up on the other side of the island, and the contract problems are both official.
I have only seen about 7-8 episodes - how big is the island? Maybe i'm nitpicking too much (Verne "Mysterious Island" was my favorite book when i was kid :) ), but 2 groups to live in opposing side of the island without other group knowing is a little strech.

But great twist if its true. I hope they do it as realistic as they can.

We have no idea how big the island, but, it seems pretty big, judging by how long people can be gone when they go somewhere on the island, and also, the raftees were pretty surprised at how big it was when they launched.

Also, the writers have been very good at coming up with ways of preventing the LOSTaways from doing much exploration.

No one ever found the Black Rock, or apparently the Dark territory before Danielle led them to it, Locke and Boone spent alot of time looking for Claire before they got obsessed with the hatch, Danielle was only discovered by accident by Sayid, and Hurley went looking for her home, other than that, no running into Danielle.

Well here's a rumor according to last weeks TV guide Arzt will be back, guess it was all smoke and mirrors. Can't wait for the explaination. The wording makes it sound like it will not be in flashbacks but it could be.

And previous interviews with and about Ian Somerhalder, suggest that even though Boone is definitely dead, dead, dead, that he'll be back next season as well, and not neccessarily just in flashbacks, and it's been referenced that when they finishing thinking it through it could be really cool.

Well here's a rumor according to last weeks TV guide Arzt will be back, guess it was all smoke and mirrors. Can't wait for the explaination. The wording makes it sound like it will not be in flashbacks but it could be.
Dunno how thats possible. Bits of Arzt were all over the place. "Dude, you have some Arzt on you."

I gotta assume if hes back its in flashbacks. I'll admit, the character was only around for a couple episodes, but I think he fit right in. I liked how he was giving Hurley shit for being in the "clique" as well as his personality being rather grumpy. That being said, I thought it was a nice touch that he was in a couple of the airport flashback scenes --- one of them bitching at some guy in line, but the other being a gentlemen and helping Claire with her luggage on the plane.

Re: Boone. I did think him coming back somehow was a possibility. Arising from the dead on a weird island isn't beyond the realm of possibility here. I do think it would sort of be a cop-out, but if they make it cool, I guess im on board with it. I just dont think Boone and Charlie are that important to me as characters. Id rather see more of Arzt than those two...

I didn't know he was supposed to be a sex symbol though. At least not on Lost .. I mean, pretty much all the other males would fit the bill better, from Boone to Jack to Sayid, even Locke.

I didn't realize Hurley was considered such a heartthrob. :D

And previous interviews with and about Ian Somerhalder, suggest that even though Boone is definitely dead, dead, dead, that he'll be back next season as well, and not neccessarily just in flashbacks, and it's been referenced that when they finishing thinking it through it could be really cool.

Why would they start bringing these characters back? I don't see any way they could do it, especially with Artz blown into thousands of pieces. Are they also going to bring back the chick that drowned early in the season, and the dude that Ethan killed?

Well, if they brought back Joanna and Scott/steve (Whichever one died), we wouldn't notice, 'cause we've never actually seen them.

I really wish the spoilers had been posted in a seperate thread. I was digging the lost discussion but I don't want to have stuff from next season spoiled so I've avoided the last 25 or so posts :(

Yeah - I jumped too. I was thinking that he was talking an awful lot for the fact that he knew how dangerous it was - but when it happened I was still taken completely by surprise.

As for Charlie - I liked him more in the mid-season, but lost interest somewhat in later epidsodes. At the time of the whole Ethan thing his character was explored more, whereas in later episodes he became more comic relief. But I guess that'll always happen with and ensemble cast, some characters and relationships will have more dept at times than others.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back