• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'Lost' Season 1 Finale (Spoilers)

Re: \'Lost\' Season 1 Finale (Spoilers)

1. Danielle said that the Others wanted the Boy, the folks on the boat took Walt.
2. Harold Perrineau (The actor who plays Michael) said on Jimmy Kimmel last night, that they were in fact, "The Others"

Who said anything about them joyriding every night for 16 years? If they've got a boat with a motor and it's got fuel, apparently they aren't strictly stuck on the island, or they have gotten fuel from shipwrecks/plane wrecks.

Definitely the Others. They might have even left the fire on the beach so they could find their way back to the island in the dark.

Good episode. As with B5's first season, I didn't expect any answers for last night's finale but I'm psyched for next season.

I called the Arnst thing too. He was introduced as a character a few weeks back, and I figured it was only so you could have sort of a "new regular" familiarity to him before he gets off'd. I thought the weird "security" thing was going to get him, but when he was playing with the dynamite I knew that was it. I will admit they still did a good job at WHEN it actually happened. I mean, I figured he was going to blow up, but they still managed to surprise with the actual execution of it, and the scene was great. "Dude, you have some Arnst on you"

I liked the finale.

The Red Herring about Claire's baby was interesting, and it turns out those "others" really wanted Walt....which makes a heck of a lot more sense when you think about all the weird things about that kid.

Looking at those bits of smoke that were the "security system" was odd, and how it seemed that it was actually coming from below ground instead of above.

Glad Hurley spotted the numbers.

I figured the hatch wouldn't be some huge revelation, but at least they got it open.

Thats all I can think of now off the top of my head, but it was a good one.

When the overweight guy (can't remember his name) reacted to Arnst blowing up, it got a good laugh out of me. That guy is *hilarious*! :LOL:

Tammy

Tammy, yea, I thought Hurley's comment "Dude, you've got some Arzt on you" was one ofthe best lines of the season, it was an excellent tension breaker

I personally found the comment to be too, "Eew!" to find it funny. That's just me.

Yea, it was eewww, but in a 4th grade kinda humor like fart jokes, IMHO.

Bidding on that toast is now up to $5249.00

There's either some really stupid people, some rigged bidding (Pay special attention to the new user bidding on it JMak222), or someone's having fun at the expense of the seller to repay the seller for the con job.

I really hope the seller really get big money for it.

There's one thing I've been wondering about - when did Claire scratch Danielle? Is there some connection between Danielle and Ethan?

We don't know, the only thing that has been revealed about the time Claire was kidnapped is that quick flash of memory that showed her scratching Danielle.

My personal belief is that Danielle rescued Claire from Ethan and Claire scratched Danielle in the process. I do not believe Ethan was in cahoots with Danielle. Claire was 8 1/2 months pregnant, with amnesia, on an island she hasn't explored (and wouldn't remember if she had explored it), so I figured someone must've helped her get back to camp. If Ethan had set her free, why would he come back for her a couple days later, demanding Charlie get her returned to Ethan? If Danielle was working with Ethan, why would she warn Sayid to "watch your friends" (In Solitary when Danielle was holding Sayid), if Ethan hadn't already been discovered, that warning to Sayid was liekly to have outed him.

I think Danielle really did have good intentions when she showed up in Pt 1 of the finale to warn the LOSTaways about the Others. It was an afterthought to steal Aaron and try to trade him for Alex, that she couldn't resist.

Of course with my affection for Delenn (yes I meant her B5 character), I will probably defend Danielle and try to find an innocent explanation no matter evil she may become (If she does become evil), LOL

My personal belief is that Danielle rescued Claire from Ethan and Claire scratched Danielle in the process. I do not believe Ethan was in cahoots with Danielle.

I agree.

My personal belief is that Danielle rescued Claire from Ethan and Claire scratched Danielle in the process.

Hadn't thought of that - sounds plausible though. I couldn't quite see her working with Ethan.

I wonder why she lied to Locke about the scratches - but then, she never gives them any more information than she needs to.

LOL, like with our scifi shows when it comes to speeds a ship travels, Danielle reveals at the speed of the plot.

Jack told us in the finale that "I need you with me, if we get through this, we're gonna have a Locke problem" Jack is science, Locke is faith/fate. Danielle is also science, so perhaps she wouldn't have lied to Jack about it? Or perhaps it's as I mentioned above, the writers just simply don't want us to know anything more about the kidnapping for now, but, wanted us to obssess on it.

I saw this the other day and thought I would post it here:

ABC has left fans one more hint of what's to come on the second season of hit TV show Lost on Oceanic-Air.com. The site for Oceanic Flight 815 in the series has a new, hidden Flash teaser that you can now watch.

To do so, click on the link above. Then at the bottom of the site, where it says 'Travellers', type in Hurley's "lucky" numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. Click on 'Find' which will take you to the flight's seating chart. Next, click on those numbers again in order right below the chart and the teaser will start.By the way, Oceanic-Air.com has more hidden features as well, so be sure to check around! (for example, try clicking on the seats in the seating chart.)
And here is the link to the site:
Oceanic Air.com

Yes, apparently there's a piece of a script with a monster description, something apparently comes from the vodka bottles, then theirs some notes that were found from Charlie's notes in the bottle. Lots of cool stuff, from what I understand. I haven't actually gone there, because I don't have flash at work, and never been able to download it at home successfully.

I just found out about this site last night and checked it out. Cool stuff!

There's some pretty big spoilers already available for Season 2, if anyone's interested, regarding new cast members, and a direction the show will be aiming for in Season 2.

Post em!

It can't be THAT critical stuff, as the writers are being very tight lipped. Just use spoiler space. I'm curious. I've been to that Oceanic site and found some interesting stuff. But yea, post what you have heard...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

1. A character named Alex Rousseau is in first episode of Season two. She is being played by Tina Wesson (Per IMDB) of Survivor fame, and she looks just like the blonde girl on the boat at the end of season 1 (Who several people theorized was Danielle's daughter Alex, that the others took). What's so weird about this, Tina Wesson will be 45 years old in December. Mira Furlan is 50 +/- a couple months. Time may really be screwed up on LOST island.
2. There is a character named Bernard in Season 2 episode 1 being played by Samuel L. Jackson. Rose's husband Bernard was in the bathroom in the tail section when the plane came apart. Samuel L. Jackson is in his late 50s, so fits the right age.
3. Michelle Rodriguez plays Ana Lucia in Season 2 Ep 1. From the part 1 of the finale, we know Ana Lucia was in Row 42 (In the very back of the plane). Both Michelle and Sam Jackson are supposed to be regulars in Season 2, so it looks very possible we will see the tail survivors early in season 2.
4. The raftees make it back to the island, but not to the side they wanted to get to. Perfect time for us to meet the tail survivors.
5. The producers are saying that someone couldn't come to an agreement on pay for the season, so that actor will be in the first two episodes at their desired wages, and then killed off. It's been a spoiler for some time that there would be a death early season 2.
E
N
D

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Damn, I'm already looking forward to season two! It sounds like it's going to start getting more interesting. I'm glad I read the spoilers but there's always that part of me that wished I hadn't. Hell, I probably would have found out one way or another.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back