• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Liandra WIP

Arrghman

Beyond the rim
building a model of the Liandra... far from finished, but its a start
smile.gif

3.jpg

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

nice work
smile.gif

by the way, what program are you using???

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

"love to stay, can't, have to go, kiss kiss, love love, bye" G'Kar

LightWave 3D 6.5b... saving up for the 7.0 upgrade
smile.gif

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

i've seen good work done with that program, good luck and keep up the tight work
laugh.gif

------------------
I have no one to envy...

4.jpg

------------------

5.jpg

------------------

apparently not much interest for CG here, but i shall continue to update anyhow
smile.gif

7.jpg

------------------

i myself find this very interesting...

is this kind of thing very difficult???

im just wondering how long you've worked on it, it seems to me that kind of thing could be tedious after awhile...

------------------
I have no one to envy...

i've been working with LightWave for about 4 years, but i've only been modeling for about 2... personally i dont find it that tedious... rather fun in fact!

as a kid i used to love playing with toy spaceships and such... this is the next logical step!
laugh.gif

------------------

I find it very interestng... I love watchin people model b5 ships. I wish I could get into something like that, I know I'd really enjoy doin stuff like that. Do you do this for fun, or is it part of your job?

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

i *wish* it was part of my job! i'm just a lowly engineering student
wink.gif

------------------

I sincerly envy you. I have a few cheap and/or free 3d programs at home...i can hardly make a cube. I guess i should read the manuals, huh?

Your using lightwave? i wonder why the gvfx guys used Maya then?

------------------
So come on rally round this brave and valiant cause with tradition, pride, and honor at its core. With swords drawn to defend stood these noble-hearted men. Faugh-an-ballagh, clear the way, me boys!!
-Dropkick Murphys: Heroes From Our Past

I think the animators from LotR should feel ashamed that a "lowely engineering student" can make somethin that looks just like if not better than their model..........maybe you should be seeking a job.

------------------

Anybody know of any free modeling software that does a pretty good job? I don't have the money to dish out to get this kind of stuff, and I'm a bit interested to get a few ideas out of this skull of mine.
smile.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

reading manuals always helps, web tutorials are also a good thing
smile.gif

about maya... well lightwave costs around $2000 and maya floats in around the $10,000 range depending on what packaged it is so...
wink.gif

maybe i shall seek a job, but not till i'm out of college... who knows what'll happen?
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arrghman:
apparently not much interest for CG here, but i shall continue to update anyhow
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I appreciate it. It's just that I've been speard pretty thin, with all the B5:LotR posts (reading & replying) here, on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated, rec.arts.tv, & rec.arts.sf.tv.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 24, 2002).]

Farscape's effects are done by Animal Logic (who did some scenes in the matrix BTW) and they're not program specific... i think that they use both Maya, Max and Lightwave for various scenes

------------------

a little off topic-so they used Maya on B5LR? What do they use on Farscape? something about the effects looked similar. The way space had a haze to it i think.

------------------
So come on rally round this brave and valiant cause with tradition, pride, and honor at its core. With swords drawn to defend stood these noble-hearted men. Faugh-an-ballagh, clear the way, me boys!!
-Dropkick Murphys: Heroes From Our Past

That looks pretty darn good.Its a pity lightwave costs too much otherwise I would really get into it.....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back