• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Latest From JMS

Re: They guessed the acronym.

And that was my first guess, too. Mildly amazing. I hope I'm right, it has a great ring to it.

I'm going to go for one of these two:

The Movement of Shadows
The Mark of Shadows

I agree. These are the most likely, IMO.

Sounds like we're getting a Shadow story, rather than a Teep War story. Will jms ever get round to telling the story of the Teep War?

I'm now going to throw my "runner up" guess to "The Memory of Shadows." This time, instead of assuming that JMS posted a real live official title, perhaps he posted a sort of "working title" for this project. Something to keep us fans guessing a bit, but also having meaning with what the project IS instead of what it is called. That being the case, my second guess is:

Theatrical Movie of Sorts
or
Theatrical Movie of Straczynski

TV Movie or Series does work real well too under this catagory.

Maybe he was telling us what it was, just using some code to be funny. :p

But it does look like it's going to have 'shadow' in the title. Too bad. I'd actually gotten myself kinda excited about a teep movie.

As long as it has some of the original cast I'll be happy. And by 'some' I mean 'more than just G'Kar' :rolleyes:

-Elle

Well, a Shadow War movie (of the war 1,000yrs ago) would be cool. Especially if we see G'Quon and Valen. :cool:

But that would mean that we probably wouldn't see any of the regular B5 characters, unless the story is told in flashback (like ItB).

Before everything else, I would naturally not consider the above mentioned guess final or correct. He could, out of sheer slyness... go for a generic working title.

However, if this is correct, I would presume this title... could accommodate a fair amount of different perspectives. "The Memory of Shadows" suggests looking back... but we cannot tell from which point.

I am quite happy either way. As mentioned before, I give him enough credit to watch anything B5 he manages to assemble.

:D :D :D :D

The S part of the acronym doesn't necessarily mean "Shadow(s)." There are plenty of other words beginning with S that we could end up seeing as part of the title. The word "Sorrow" comes to mind, for example.

There was another suggestion on another B5 forum
"Telepath Movie on Screen" Sounds good to me. :D

The S part of the acronym doesn't necessarily mean "Shadow(s)." There are plenty of other words beginning with S that we could end up seeing as part of the title. The word "Sorrow" comes to mind, for example.

But nearly every plausible suggestion offered on the mod used "Shadows" as the "S" word, and none of them used "Sorrow" AFAIK. Since JMS has said that one of the guesses was correct, it would seem that "Shadows" is the leading contender. (Unless he really is being a bastard and it is something like "Script" - neither of which I would rule out. ;))

By the way, I think the lowercase "o" pretty much limits it to "or", "of" or "on" because almost anything else would be capitalized in a title.

Regards,

Joe

I think titles like

The Movements of Sorrow
The Memory of Sorrow

could work too.

I think titles like
The Movements of Sorrow
The Memory of Sorrow
could work too.

Maybe they could. But since they're not on the list the JMS has told us contains the correct title, that's rather beside the point, isn't it?

Regards,

Joe

I like "The Movement of Shadows" simply because it works on multiple levels (can have more than one meaning). As I've been able to tell, JMS seems to like this kind of title - where it could mean one thing or another. "The Memory of Shadows" doesn't really strike me in the same kind of way. Just a thought.

If it is something like "The Memory of Shadows" lets remember that this could mean LOTS of things, not just the 1000 years ago war. Remember the very core of the Crusade story was dealing with leftover shadowtech on every level.

1) The mystery ship
2) The Drakh Plague itself
3) The Technomages (Galen)

So it could possibly have to do with that Rangers/Crusade crossover or something different entirely. Remember Sheridan's line "The Duration is longer than the war." This could have anything to do with the duration after the final Shadow War.

I even suppose the Telepaths to a degree fall into this, as they were instruments in the Shadow war.

So if it is something like that, it doesnt tell us much. ;)

It seems to me that 'The Memory of Shadows' or one of it's variants could still be a Teep War story. The Teep War is still a part of the fallout from the Shadow War, depending on POV.

V/R
John

With it still being pretty much all speculation from us at this point, who's to say what's beyond the point. It's speculation; it's meant to be fun.

Man, Joe, you really know how to pop people's tires sometimes!

face=disgruntled

With it still being pretty much all speculation from us at this point, who's to say what's beyond the point. It's speculation; it's meant to be fun.

Man, Joe, you really know how to pop people's tires sometimes!

face=disgruntled
To Joe's point, there is speculation, then there is wasting time ignoring important details right in front of you. Speculation is fun and everyone is naturally excited about this news. But there are a lot of people on this board who overlook rather important details and just post away with crazy theories.

I have to say I agree with Joe on this one. If "The Memory of Sorrow" was not on the list that was posted --- the list JMS said contained the real "title" --- then The Memory of Sorrow does indeed NOT work. Speculating is fine, but speculating within the criteria given by the man himself is a little more meaningful. :)

...then there is wasting time ignoring important details right in front of you.

Bester says that Talia was disected. Whether she truly was or not, it is something that the PsiCorps would do since we know Bester wanted to do it to Lyta's body after she died. So is it a waste of my time to speculate about what interesting direction a story could take if Talia was still alive and Kosh's crystal could restore her real personality? If it's my time and I don't have a problem focusing my speculation in that direction, then it's not a waste of time. It might not be something you find worth your time, but I shouldn't be screeched at when I find thinking of ideas in a certain direction to be fun to me.

Yea, lets compare apples and oranges...

Two completely different situations buddy.

First, don't call me "buddy" when discussing a point of contention with me; it's obnoxious and condescending.

Second, it might be so two completely different things to you, but they're not to me. They both lie within speculation for me, so what if I don't conform your personal rules of speculation when I speculate myself.

Boys, let's be nice. :)

The Memory of the Shadows is very JMSy-sounding and, moreover, it works. It really works. It's consonant, it's evocative, it's easy, and -- it isn't hokey, like, uh, LOTR. :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back