• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Latest From JMS

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I or we have waited for over a month for news and all we get are cryptic clues ... how do we know b5:TMoS is just working title ?

Now if you excuse me , I am going to the shed to attempt to go insane :eek:

Well, this is indeed something to look for... Maybe life isn't so bad after all, I just preordered R2 S4 from local dealer, bought Warcraft board game and in the next couple of months I will get my hands on Narsil. Groovy... :cool:

thanks for the link. I was wondering if it was real, because it isn't on JMSnews.com yet. Looks like he's late this time.

I was thinking 'The Movement of Stars' myself. I just hope the powers that be like it, otherwise it could end up as The Manipulation of Suits. :)

now, I am just going to sit back and wait for another month or so...

Turn Marcus on Susan :p

This is very annoying, dangling a little morsle of information for us. Come on jms please spill some more.

Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and exactly what we've come to expect from jms. :D

The 'o' seeing as though it's lowercase is an article, that means either 'of' or 'on' unless JMS made a mistake there, which I don't think he did.

Many of his titles have a grand feel to them like 'Passing Through Gethsemane' and 'Intersections in Real Time' somehow I don't think that 'T' is for 'the' otherwise he's really constrained himself. 'The Something of Something'. The Mars on. . . uh, Theatrics uh, . . . The Mastering of. . . that bastard he did this on purpose. 'That Mean 'ol Stranzynski' is right.

Though I'm not surprised. It's very JMS.

-Elle

The fact that something is happening in the B5 universe and JMS is involved is good enough for me. But why tease so JMS? :(

I think there was a typo.
"BJ:The Monkey of Southerners" seems more likely.
It's a BJ and the Bear remake, or a crossover series.

On a side note it saddens me that I am aware of this show and it popped into my mind since I belive it existed before I did.

But why tease so JMS? :(

See my message to JMS, earlier in this thread, specifically the line where I address him as, "You sick, twisted, sadistic sonnuvabitch. :)" Any questions?

Dr. G:

I was around when BJ and the Bear was, but had mercifully forgotten about the show until this very moment. It frightens me that you knew it well enough to make that lame joke. But, looking on the bright side, you won't have to live with the shame much longer because I will, of course, now have to hunt you down and kill you for reminding me that this steaming pile of crap once polluted the airways. Don't worry, I'll make it quick and relatively painless.

Regards,

Joe

They guessed the acronym.

One of the guesses on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated was correct:
Just to honk you off even further about all th is...in the speculation of
titles...one of you was correct.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)

So now somebody has to list all the suggestions made in that thread before that message.

EDIT: Here are all the titles suggested before* JMS said one was correct:

Babylon 5: The Meanng of Spoo
Theatrical Movie, original Story
The mother of Sheridan
The Minbari of Steel
The Mollari of Spoo
Triluminary-Modified operating System
The Man of Steel
Too Many odd Suggestions
B5:TMoS - Theatrical Movie of Sorts
B5:TMoS - Telepaths Move on Saturday
B5:TMoS - Terribly Mean of Straczynski
Babylon5: The MIND of Straczynski
The Meatballs of Swedes
The Marriages of Sheridan
The Mutation of Sinclair
The Men of Space
The Mammaries of Susan
The Meaninglessness of Speculation.
The Minstrations of Sugar
Telepath Monopoly of Space
Trans Morphing Optical Stuff
The Meaning of S***
The Mighty Obvious Script
The Mound of Scripts
The Movie of Surprises
Time Makes Our Society
Twenty Minbari Order Sandwiches
The Movie Script
The Memory of Shadows
The Movement of Shadows
The Mark of Shadows
The Memory of Sheridan
The Murder of Shiv'kala
The Martyrdom of Sinclair
The Mystery of Souls
Telepath Minds on Speed
Babylon 5: The Music of Sondheim
Babylon 5: The Making of the Series
B5: The Misdirection of Speculation
Telepathic Mindwipe of Sheridan.
Terrific Marvels of Space (a documentary)
Babylon Five : Total Marmallisation of Spacestation
That Mean Ol' Straczynski (from B5_Obsessed at b5tv.com)
The Movement of Starlight
Two Marsupials on Speed
Talia, Marcus, or Susan
Terribly Mean of Straczynski
Babylon 5: The Myth of Souls
Babylon 5: The Myth of Shadows
Babylon 5: The Mystery of Sheridan
Techno-Mages of Silliness
Techno-Mages of Song
Techno-Mages on Strike
The Movie on Sunday
The Movie opposite SuperBowl
Telepaths: Meet our Sponsor
Throw Morden off Station
The Mouth of Sheridan

*: Provided people set their clocks correctly.

Re: They guessed the acronym.

I'm going to go for one of these two:

The Movement of Shadows
The Mark of Shadows

Although 'Telepath Minds on Speed' is promising :D

Have to say I think It would be The Memory of Shadows too. Sort of came to my head just looking at the initals. And what a lot of the major stories the time frame b5 is currently in post b5 , its the technologie and races left in the wake of the shadows leaving, while the vorlons have all their stuff neatly hidden away on vorlon homeworld. Gut feeling it may try to attempt to tie loose ends from crusades and forget the events of LotR: TLADBS (speaking of which have the actors finaly stoped swinging by?)
Though Movement of shadows is another choice, don't think its sinclair/sheridan and lot of the others are umm not very logical.

And ah hell know Joe going to beat me over head for this but with all the b5 and Lord of the RIngs similiarites wouldn't throw out the Mouth of SHeridan either. :LOL:

Yeah, it's most likely the Movement/Memory of shadows...assuming TMoS is the actual name of the finished product. If it's the initials JMS is using for his work in progress, it could be "Theatrical Movie Original Script".

Before I read all this, i was going to suggest that he was *really* messing with us, and our speculation, with TMoS = "TV Movie or series".

I really hate the man :mad:

jms must get some really sadistic pleasure out of playing with us. But then he did that with B5. I still remember the sleepless night I spent after watching 'Between the Darkness and the Light' as I couldn't believe what he'd done and I had to wait another week to continue the story.

I shouldn't complain too much. I have too much fun leaving evil cliffhangers for the readers of my fanfiction. *he. he.* :devil:

I think these are the most likely contenders:
The Movie Script
The Memory of Shadows
The Movement of Shadows
The Mark of Shadows
The Movement of Starlight
Babylon 5: The Myth of Souls
Babylon 5: The Myth of Shadows

Latest posts

Members online

Back