• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS giving B5:TLT hints?

Ignore this post ... I responded to an issue that wasn't there, because I didn't read JMS's post properly in the first place.

GH Gets his coat ...

Seriously, these sound great! Its a shame the Garibaldi one got pushed, but I hope they make more!!

The nice thing is that *that* is the one thing that we as fans can help with. All we have to do is spread the word as far and wide as we can and buy this first one.

Jan

So, when he says "same length, same running time", does he mean each story, or overall? i.e. will there now be only 2 stories still running 30 minutes each, or two stories now expanded to 45 minutes each, keeping the overall length at 90 minutes?.

So we decided to
postpone one of the three to the next DVD, and lengthen the other two
to make up the difference.

Sounds like the latter.

OK, Bester responded to my post while I was editting it ... :D

I confess ... I was the idiot who didn't read the bit about the other two stories being lengthened to make up the difference.

I'll get back in my box now, mummy!

No sweat, GH :D

I'm looking forward to seeing Galen. Maybe we'll get some resolution to Crusade afterall?

Cool, I miss Galen as well. Don't really miss Lochley.

Now I just hope someone explains this to Jerry Doyle before his political paranoia screws everything up.

Cool, I miss Galen as well. Don't really miss Lochley.

Now I just hope someone explains this to Jerry Doyle before his political paranoia screws everything up.

I was somehow hoping for Bester, as well, but Galen will be great to see again. :D

As far as the paranoia, I seriously doubt Jerry is stupid enough to blow this at this point.

So when can I preorder two copies? :)

Why isn't it on amazon.com yet? :p

I was somehow hoping for Bester, as well, but Galen will be great to see again. :D

If it helps, Hyp, at SDCC JMS mentioned that the Teep War was a possibility for these stories. I think he mentioned Lyta rather than Bester, but it's certainly worth holding on to hope!

Jan

Oh, no matter who they can have in it, anything on the Teep war will be welcome. :D :beer:

Thanks, Jan.

How do you keep all of this information straight? :LOL:

How do you keep all of this information straight? :LOL:

In this case, it comes from doing the transcribing. First I heard JMS say it, then I heard it on the tape and then I typed it. Usually once you tell me something three times, even I can retain it! :) That, and my family is well known for our tendency to be "endless fonts of useless knowledge" :eek:

Jan

The nice thing is that *that* is the one thing that we as fans can help with. All we have to do is spread the word as far and wide as we can and buy this first one.

Jan

Well. I hope this dvd will be very soon available in Europe, I can´t wait to see it !!!!

From what we've heard it should be available in the second quarter of 2007, fafca.

Jan

Great Googly Moogly!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

It sems to me that Garibaldi would have been involved in the Teep war aka his bargain/promise to Lyta as she was leaving with G'Kar. I can hope that the Garibaldi story IS the Teep war, expanded to an entire disc length. ;) When do you think pre-orders will be taken on the first disc?

Er...I just said that JMS mentioned that playing with the Teep War was one of the possibilities that he might play with as an idea for the DVDs-not any kind of sure thing or any time soon. Don't get your hopes up for a particular story yet.

As for pre-orders....sometime after they've shot the thing and done the post-production, which seems to be pretty massive from the way JMS is talking. I think we can be sure that when it shows up we'll all be spreading the word as far and wide as we can. <g>

Jan

Well, if 2nd quarter 2007, is referring to calendar quarter, rather than fiscal quarter, that means they are expecting a street date no later than June 2007, so I would think we could probably start looking for pre-order info (Or at least have a target date) by May.

And in regard to that...the initial goal was to try and do three big
stories in one DVD. So I wrote three scripts, featuring Sheridan,
Lochley, Galen and Garibaldi. (I wanted to focus on the human
characters initially so we'd have more time for prosthetics R&D for the
next one.) The stories, as noted previously, were huge...all over the
map, from Minbar, to Earth, Mars, the future, the distant past, as well
as B5 itself obviously. We're also going to be trying some new
production technologies, again trying to stay ahead of the tech curve,
the way B5 has always stayed ahead on these things.

What's interesting about this is that JMS says there were three stories, but mentions four characters. I guess that means that at least one of the stories would feature two of the characters. Maybe one story each for Sheridan, Garibaldi, and Lochley, with Galen making a special appearance in one of them, or something like that.

Also interesting is that he says we would visit "the future" and "the distant past". Um, the future and the distant past relative to *what*? What is he counting as the present? My guess: Two of the stories take place immediately post-Objects at Rest (as JMS already indicated at least one of them would), and a third takes place many years later ("the future"), but when the featured character is still alive (obviously). The *distant* past sounds like we're talking about a time before any of these featured characters was even born, so my guess is that that will just involve a flashback or something. A few scenes, but not an entire one of these stories in the "distant past". Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense that these characters could be involved.

Also, is this the first time that JMS has explicitly stated that they would wait to see the sales for the first disk before going into production on the second one? It's not really a surprise, but I don't think he's ever clearly stated that before.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back