• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If you had to choose....

I'll have to go with Crusade, just because I'm already attached to the Crusade storyline.

Actually, there are two other reasons. I like the fact that Crusade has characters with agendas that may run contrary to the rest of the crew (don't think that'll happen with Rangers, as the entire crew seems to be composed of Rangers). Also, as Joe D. has said, it's likely that the storyline of Rangers will be more closely tied to Minbar than Earth, and I think Earth is more interesting than Minbar in the B5 universe.

Why is this thread in the Crusade forum, and not General Discussion? Isn't that likely to bias the results in favor of Crusade?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
I'll have to go with Crusade, just because I'm already attached to the Crusade storyline.

Why is this thread in the Crusade forum, and not General Discussion? Isn't that likely to bias the results in favor of Crusade?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put it here because I was wondering just how strong the Crusade fan base is. If the moderater wishes to move it that's okay by me.

smile.gif

------------------

I'll go with the ranger because the crusade's story can be told in rangers aswell
wink.gif

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>And looks very good in those leather pants...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

peter woodward looks good in anything... even his baggy archaeologist's outfit in the History Channel Egypt series ( looked like hed robbed Eilerson's closet though
smile.gif
) and he did look so regal when he put on the Pharoah makeup... if anyone makes a movie with a pharoah, hed be totally perfect!

------------------

Crusade, definately.... but then, at this point, we know nothing of the arc that will be B5LR, so it's really an unfair judgement to make. I'm still goign to make it, though.
tongue.gif

PW was in AI? I haven't seen it yet. It hasn't even been to the theatre here. My movie theatre sucks, but it's incredibly cheap (2 people can go and get tickets, large drinks nad large popcorns for $11).

The "Egypt; Beyond the Pyramids" special was awesome. I'm a big fan of Egyptian art/history, and of Peter Woodward, so I thoroughly enjoyed it.
laugh.gif

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

http://www.kellishaver.com/webring - technomage webring

According to my memory, and IMDB's credit listing, he was not in AI.

Also, there was nothing on his website about it at the time(temporarily unavailable due to the host stopping service unfortunately) and I'm sure it would have been mentioned on one of the PW devoted lists I'm on or the website.

So, while I recommend going to see AI, don't expect to see Himself there...

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

I really wish he had a better website. He deserves a better website. I'm not saying anything against his webmaster. She's a very nice, friendly and helpful person. The content that's up there is great. It's just that from a design perspective, it..... lacks.

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

http://www.kellishaver.com/webring - technomage webring

I would have chosen Crusade without a doubt. That's because I would have wanted that resumed and to continue before starting something new.

Now I've got swept away with Rangers though, I want to see that too.

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

A this point it's 9 to 7 in favor of Crusade but a large contingent want both. Well I guess we all want both but that really wasn't the question.

We the fans will certainly not be given a choice, we'll get what TPTB decide to give us.

I have to admit I am not one of the strongest Crusade fans. I would certainly watch it if it returned but I had a preconceived notion of what it would be and it wasn't what I expected.
crazy.gif
The same thing could happen if we get a Rangers series, but I don't think so.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
Crusade, but a better Crusade. Even JMS now admits it wasn't his best work. I want the story, the characters and the actors (especially Gary Cole as Gideon
smile.gif
) but with better scripts and music!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A woman after my own heart.

I like the music though so I have no problems with that.

But Gary Cole is hands down number one with me. No doubt about it.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
I put it here because I was wondering just how strong the Crusade fan base is. If the moderater wishes to move it that's okay by me.

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

Yes this is the Crusade part of the Board and I clearly vote for Crusade. Hands down, no question about it.

The Rangers will hopefully be its own show. I see no reason not to allow the Man two shows. Considering there is so little intelligent Sci Fi on nowadays. Give me the Man any day, but GIVE ME CRUSADE!!!!

Yes, it's personal, I know.

Just mark the "boths" as a one for each. That is certainly fair.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited August 20, 2001).]

I want both but if forced to choose I would say Crusade.

Just as a giant up yours to TNT if for no other reason.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

And the winner is ...Crusade.
laugh.gif

However I must add that really most people want both. Me too.
smile.gif

I wonder if I had put this in the Rangers forum if the result would have been different
crazy.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:
Agreed.

But if forced to choose, I would want Crusade.

It's personal, I know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. After just reading the first two books of the Technomage trilogy, I want to see Crusade.

Hell, it's be nice to see all three trilogies filmed. I want it all too.

smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for the new series
"Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2, 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Crusade... Hands down. LotR hasn't even been started and I think that since they have started Crusade that they should finish it.

------------------
You can not create history... You can only hope to survive it. -G'kar

I will have to go with Crusade. I really got involved in the interpesonal dynamics of the cast. Completely aside from that, there is nothing more infuriating than an unfinished...

------------------
The Corps is Mother; The Corps is Father

As many other people have said, I would probably want Crusade if I absolutely had to choose between the two. But the fact that I've already seen some of Crusade and haven't even seen the pilot of B5LR yet, that may be slightly biasing my decision.

Just a suggestion: how about asking again after we've seen the pilot movie?

I actually hope that eventually both can become their own series, with their own characters and own stories.

At least I'm not worried about what's going on with B5, unlike some other science fiction shows I could name (*cough* Star Trek *cough*).

------------------
Struggling writer with a very long streak of bad luck.

Could it be because I'm from Mars?

Well, I haven't seen Rangers yet (and as I'm in the UK who knows when I will!!)

So, I'm choosing Crusade. Mainly because despite it's (dare i say obvious) flaws, and some moments that were, quite simply, truly beyond cheese, I t had this huge aura of promise surrounding it. I connected with all the characters (except the Dr.) and, havinf read the future scripts, really feel that it was moving towards some incrdiably powerful stuff.

From everything that I've seen and read about Rangers, I just don't feel it's as tuned to my mind-set, it sounds like it will be far more actiony than Crusade and it just hasn't caught my imagination.

At the end of the day though, it really comes down to the characters, as i've learned that i can forgive some poor plotting if the character dynamics are there. So i'll just wait and see.

------------------
We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martian Male:

As many other people have said, I would probably want Crusade if I absolutely had to choose between the two. But the fact that I've already seen some of Crusade and haven't even seen the pilot of B5LR yet, that may be slightly biasing my decision.

Just a suggestion: how about asking again after we've seen the pilot movie?

I actually hope that eventually both can become their own series, with their own characters and own stories.

At least I'm not worried about what's going on with B5, unlike some other science fiction shows I could name (*cough* Star Trek *cough*).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WILL YOU STOP PICKING ON STAR TREK? In the beginning it was a great show and it has lasted far longer at this point (with its spinoffs and movies) than B5 has. In time that may change, but right now us Trekkies still hold the worlds record.

You don't have to like the original or spinoff shows or the movies, taste is personal. Just stop picking on my danged show.

I love B5 too (although I absolutely totally am nuts over Crusade). And I don't pick on Trekkies or their show as that is apples and oranges and serves no purpose. Plus I am an original Trekkie.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back