• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If you could be any race?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
I too would like to remain human, but like Doctor Gonzo I'd like ya all to look left. I'd like to be this kind of human. The de-luxe edition. Now with added encounter suit and funky spaceship with anthropomorphically personified ships with AI.

That way you get the advantages of first one status without having to sell your soul out!

------------------
Back when I was a kid in Sunday School, Father Minkowski once said: "Given the crucifixion was a terrible thing for anyone to endure, if you could go back in time 2200 years, would you prevent the crucifixion of Christ?" Well after a heated debate, we all agreed the answer was no. The crucifixion was necessary to redeem the world. - Lt. John Matheson "The Needs of Earth"

"We live for the One. We die for the One!"

"Does Saturn have rings?"

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Lennier said

Their view of the universe seems slightly like that of the Shadows.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting that you say that, since the Minbari are one of the races that were most influenced by the Vorlons. In fact they fought together in the Shadow War of 1,000 years ago.

At the cost of inflexibility, they achieved a wonderfully stable society. Had they known how to combine their exact science and sociological insight with flexibility, they would have had the best of both worlds.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is where the Humans will surpass the Minbari, if it ever happens. The joining together of technology, sociology and the flexibility of thought and action that has been a work in progress since Rene Descartes said, "I think therefore I am."

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Interesting that you say that, since the Minbari are one of the races that were most influenced by the Vorlons. In fact they fought together in the Shadow War of 1,000 years ago.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was aware of that. But there seems to be some resemblance. I can't quite pinpoint it because generally, the Minbari are very orderly. But something, some details in their approach... are the opposite.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

What a question - a Shadow of course!
Invisible... Mmmm...
smile.gif

Black... Ahhh...
laugh.gif

Chaotic... Oh, yes!
wink.gif

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

Lennier said

I was aware of that. But there seems to be some resemblance. I can't quite pinpoint it because generally, the Minbari are very orderly. But something, some details in their approach... are the opposite.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't disagreeing with you and I see where your coming from. Delenn does say that when Dukhat died, the entire Minbari race went Mad and were consumed with revenge. A synonym of Mad would be Chaotic. Also the Shadows destruction of the Narn listening outpost was an act of terror. The Rangers believe in purifying ones fear through the application of terror ("Learning Curve" S5). The similarities are there but are quite discreet.

I'm going to go a bit off topic here and ask the question. Did the Humans know that they had accidently killed the Minbaris beloved leader when they were being slaughtered during the Earth-Minbari War?
crazy.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Archon:
This is where the Humans will surpass the Minbari, if it ever happens. The joining together of technology, sociology and the flexibility of thought and action that has been a work in progress since Rene Descartes said, "I think therefore I am."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it might be in part influenced by the Vorlons. A high degree of order brings with itself inflexibility. But on the other hand, we are not immune against it. Whether it is dissent being called unpatriotic or outright outlawed, we've been there more than once.

------------------
If I tell you my name is Lorien, what good is that?

(Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi?)

Do you consider a Techno-mage to be a race? If so, I would pick them. But, I would love to be any race, other than human!

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

Technomage would be more like an added bonus.

Most members of the younger races could become technomage.

Perhaps with the exception of those who have been close to the Vorlons... for they might have well-founded opinions about Shadow technology. And perhaps with the exception of the Drakh, as they might have their own sort of mages.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Vree.

I'd get to ride around in those cool little saucers.

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

telepathically enhanced, a Vorlon influenced Centauri technomage!
He I want it all dammit!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"
-------------------------
the present becomes the past, the past becomes history, history becomes legend, legend becomes myth, myth becomes obscurity! please pass the flarn!

Admiral Dave would be Zathras. No one listen to Admiral Dave. Say he quite mad. But Admiral Dave does not mind, he's grown to like it.

Admiral Dave

------------------

Minbari all the way! (religious caste)

(beliefs, thoughts, society, tech- way cool; yea so its a bit inflexible and stagnant, but i dont think i would mind spending my life serving the race by being a force to change that; and of course, there's delenn)

someone should make a poll for this- i would but i dont know how.

Consider my screen name here....

Definitely Vorlon, of Kosh's faction. Curious and caring towards the younger races, willing to help (most days), willing to lay down my life to help the young 'uns... that's me!

Besides, I'd love to have my own personal transport that can fry a Shadow ship.

Parting would be such sweet sorrow, though. I'd miss the galaxy when we all had to leave.

Back