• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If you could be any race?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

If your were able to choose the race that you were born in, which one would it be and why.

Answering my own question is a toughy because although I think the Centauri (aristocracy) have more fun than anyone else. It would be too cool to be a Vorlon. Just think; you get to speak in disjointed, annoyingly witty, concise, one-liners that drive everybody up the wall.

So in answer to my own question I'd be a Vorlon with a Centauri harem.
lol.gif
laugh.gif
lol.gif

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

I would have to stick with the Humans. Hey we have our scrapes with everyone, but look, we come out on top. The Vorlons are gone, the Centauri's home is frelled, the Narns have those pouch thingies, that I couldn't get used to, and I don't think that I could get used to having a bone on my head, and my ears in my cheek. So I gotta stick with the humans. We come out on top baby.
laugh.gif

Rommie

------------------
Keeper of Rommie's Quarters
Commanding Officer of Zeta Squadron
Sworn to Protect the GODDESS
Recipient of the Golden Rommie
"You've just started a war. One you're going to lose." Rommie - All Too Human

Me, I'd have to go with the Minbari, because they're the most advanced race still around tech-wise, their culture is ancient and deep, and they're very religious, but not in any kind of dogmatic, mythological way like most modern religons are (sorry if I step on anyone's toes it's just how I feel). They don't seem to have any kind of "god" that I'm aware of, instead they treat the Universe as the focus of their religion. As a scientist and agnostic, I can definitely identify with that. Besides, their ships kick everyone else's butt!

------------------
Proud B5 fanatic and member of the [ReM]Counter-Strike clan.

It's actually a tough one come to think of it. Off the cuff drazi and Brakiri are just not an option. Narn as much as I like them, their culture is just too severe. Centauri on the other hand is a typical example of a fallen empire. Really fun but for how long?
I would have to say either Minbari or human. Humans still have to go quite a way to equal the Minbari spiritual and technological capabilities but we are a developing species and it's almost as if the Minbari are beginning to stagnate.

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

I dare say I *am* Narn in everything but appearance.
laugh.gif

Seriously, the Narns are definitely the closest to me. Would I want to be born as one though... hmm, depends on the time. I don't think I'd have enjoyed being Narn on Narn during the Centauri occupation or before the Shadow war.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

I'd have to stay human I'm afraid. I like being human but I'd like to be a human technomage. I identify most with the technomages. Being a Minbari, nope, definitely not. They seem stifled to me and the Narns are always too concerned with retribution. That's generalizing quite a bit but I wanna keep this post short. Centauri, maybe would consider it but... I don't know why I wouldn't want to be one of them, I just don't find it appealing.

Raptor

------------------
"To live is to risk"
Lenonn - ItB

Well, since I am a Human, I have a particular affinity for our race, but if I could be an alien on B5, I would probably pick the Minbari. I like the Minbari. They are honorable, are excellent fighters, and they have quite a strong constitution when it comes to injury. They are one of the older space faring races among the races that are not First Ones, so they have pretty cool tech. I like the whole Ranger thing too, which, of course was started by the Minbari. Plus, they opposed the Shadows in two wars. And I like the scenes of their homeworld that have been shown on B5.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

[This message has been edited by RW7427 (edited February 05, 2002).]

A Shadow. I agree with their philosophy more than that of the Vorlons.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

I would be Lorien, or at least one of his race. I'd love to get up every morning knowing I was the first one, wiser than anyone else :p

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

Definitely a Minbari. Religious caste...

Though I don't know if anything could make flarn palatable.

Pass the salt, would you please?
wink.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

A Walker, cos their ships have bright flashy lights on them
smile.gif

------------------
"Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest" - Isaac Asimov
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com

I'd probably be a Brakiri. The main reason being for the Day of the Dead. Being able to see someone that meant so much to you again (except maybe in Lennier's case) and having that final conversation with them. That, and the Brakiri seem like a somewhat suspicious people, as am I.

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

Not that this is really any one race but:

TECHNO-MAGE ALL THE WAY BABY!

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

The Minbari because they are a very spiritual people and one of the most technically advanced of all the races.

------------------

I would have to say that I would be a Minbari. To be more specific I would be a Religious Caste Minbari. I love their culture.

------------------
'We live for The One, We die for The One, but we don't die stupidly' - David Martel B5LR: TLADIS

I'd definitely go with Centauri. Their architecture is so wonderful! Well, that is before things started to go south for them.

And then there's the whole poisoning thing, I could get into that.

------------------
"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
blackstar@welivefortheone.b5lr.com

Here's a freakin' surprise: Centauri.

Three words: "Wine, women, song."

And, people love my "one" so much, it would be six times better if I were Centauri.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

[This message has been edited by GKarsEye (edited February 05, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Sinclair said
I'd probably be a Brakiri. The main reason being for the Day of the Dead. Being able to see someone that meant so much to you again (except maybe in Lennier's case) and having that final conversation with them. That, and the Brakiri seem like a somewhat suspicious people, as am I.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an awesome reason for being the Brakiri. This is one of the advantages of the B5 races that I had completely overlooked, thanx for reminding me. Because of this new information I'm gonna have to edit my answer, here goes.

I'd be a Vorlon with a Centauri harem and a devout believer in the the Brakiri religion. Since Vorlons live a LONG time, I'd get to live the Day of the Dead more than once. Doesn't it come around only 5,000 years or so?
cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
GKarsEye said
And, people love my "one" so much, it would be six times better if I were Centauri.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Six of one, three-edged sword of another!
wink.gif

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

i'd say human because we own everyone else
laugh.gif
minbari are too orderly, i like the human mix between the vorlon and shadow ideas and all that. i wonder if the centari spend alot on hairspray?
shocked.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back